Chapter 48: Names

"Slowly now. Don't strain yourself." Chris says as I just get off my chair.

"Wait Jade! I'll do the dishes!" Chris gestures his hand in front of me to stop me.

"Chris, I can do-"

"Oh no you won't! I am going to take good care of you and little junior!"

"I hasn't even been a month?"

"Oh I wonder if he'll be a little boy~? He should take after the both of us!" he starts to lose himself in his thoughts, and when he gets there, it's hard to pull him out without saying or doing something drastic.

"Chris..."

"Of course, getting my looks and your brains! He'd be popular with the ladies!"

"Chris?"

"But what if we had a little girl?!" he gasps.

"Oh Christopher?" I still try to call him out but still doesn't get him to release himself from his fantasies.

"I'd want her to take after the both of us, harboring both our-"

"Nii-chan?" I attempt to call out and his ears perk up as he pauses and glances at me.

"You know, that does bring back memories. But that was high school -and a bit of college-, and I want to be called something different this time."

Instead of feeling annoyed, I feel the need to laugh out loud on how he starts to rant about this. "Chris? Remember the last time we tried to call each other 'cute' nicknames and how badly we failed?"

"Oh that was all because you chickened out before we even tried!"

"But you know I was never a fan of those cutesy nicknames from the start! Remember the time when you came to my house and my mom called me 'cupcake'? You saw me shiver in pure revolt and how I nagged on to her how not to call me any names?"

"But isn't nii-chan a cute nickname too?" he reasoned out.

"Chris... Nii-chan, bro, cuz, daddy, bestie, and other related friend and family nicknames are fine by me. Except the daddy part... I feel embarrassed to call you that without the child born yet." I blush at the last sentence.

"And I sooooo wanted us to call each other honey. And maybe baby or babe too?" he whined as he pouted at me.

"But 'babe' slips your mouth most of the time, doesn't it? And you know what? Maybe it'll slip my mouth? You just not have to be deaf when it actually happens~!" I tease him with a wink.

"Oh~... Being all feisty now, aren't we Jade?" Chris' switch was somehow flipped and I am in a dangerous position. He then looms towards me as the argument turns into something else.

"Chris... I have to get to work now, remember?" I say and he pulls me towards him as he locks me in his arms and kisses my cheek deeply.

"Can't you be absent for today? We can play around a bit?" he purrs as he smacks my lips and laid his forehead on mine to stare at me with those captivating brown orbs of his as if asking for permission obediently. I bit my lip at how Chris was right now, his perversion is probably contagious, cause I usually don't feel this way. This is a dangerous situation!

I pull away gently and give his lips a quick peck before saying, "As tempting as that sounds, I'm sorry, but I have to decline to that offer. I have a scheduled meeting with a patient today at ten in the morning and I can't afford to miss that." I gave him the puppy dogs eyes and he gives me a sigh as he gives me one more kiss on my forehead before letting me go.