Chapter 4: The Goods

[Jade's P.O.V.]

Toto Totot! Toto Totot! Toto Totot!

Was the sound of the annoying alarm that tells me I have to get up now. I don't open my eyes just yet, as I still feel a bit lazy and wait for the second alarm five minutes later.

I then feel Chris getting up from bed and placing a hand on my shoulder to shake me, "Jadeee...." he sounds sleepy, "It's time to get uuuuupppp....."

I groan from still feeling lazy, "Five more minutes... Pleaseeee?"

"Alright... But you have to get ready after those five minutes are up, okay?"

"Yes mommy~..."

"Don't you mean, 'Yes honey'~?" he teases.

[Chris' P.O.V.]

"Don't you dare start mister!" she throws a pillow at my face and turns her back to me to rest up a bit.

I just smile at her childishness and left her to rest for five more minutes as I go to the kitchen to make her breakfast. Now that she's starting to work, I wonder if breakfast is the only time of the day we can actually spend some time with each other.

Of course, she'll have her free days, but being a doctor is quite a handful...

It's going to be lonely again, but I'll still find my ways of spending time with her. Like when I'd get really lonely, I'd go to the hospital to eat either lunch or dinner with her. Eating the hospital's cafeteria food is boring, so sometimes I'd buy take-outs, or cook simple dishes for us to eat together.

Less than five minutes as I am in the kitchen, still preparing the utensils needed, I hear Jade's alarm go off again. Just in case, I peek into the room and see her sloppily getting off of the bed. I scoff at her doing so, but talk to her so she'd be a little more awake, "What would you like for breakfast?"

"I'll do the cooking..." she mumbles as she rubs the sleep from her eyes.

"No. You get ready for work. I can manage." I insist, "So, what will it be? Bacon and eggs? Waffles? Pancakes?"

"Bacon and eggs please."

"Scrambled?"

"Yes. With orange juice please..." she says as she walks into the bathroom.

"Alrighty then..." I say as I walk to the fridge to get the eggs and bacon. But before I could, I hear the bathroom door open and close. I tried to peek and see what's up, but Jade suddenly appears and hugs me tightly and gives me a quick peck on the cheek.

This was new to me! I was completely shocked!

Her cheeks had already flushed into a deep shade of pink as she told me shyly, "Good morning Chris..."

"G-Good morning Jade!" I was caught off guard, which made her giggle and run back to the bathroom.

Oh boy... That was scary... She turned me on!

I then focused my attention to breakfast. I just made the usual, fry the bacon to a crisp, scramble the eggs, toast the bread and prepare the butter and jam. I set out our food on the table, along with the utensils and see that Jade is now finishing up in our bedroom. While she finishes up, I get the juice and pour it in two glasses.

When I finished, I came in the bedroom as well, "You almost done, Jade?"

"Almost... Maybe more or less twenty minutes?" she says as she grooms her hair.

"Okay... Wait for me... I'll get ready too, okay?" I say as I dash into the bathroom to wash up.

"Okay~!" she hollers back at me.