Chapter 28: Markings

"You sure you want to go to work today?" Chris asks me, and in a voice which seems worried.

It's his fault for leaving all these marks on me! I didn't know that that was going to happen last night!!!

"Of course I am! I'm not skipping out just because of these!" I pointed to the red marks on my neck and collarbone. I then notice Chris blushing. Of course he should be embarrassed, but I'm the one who's the most embarrassed about my appearance. Everyone who sees these would definitely gossip about me.

"I-I'm sorry Jade..." he rubbed the back of his neck, "B-But! How are you going to hide them?!"

Hearing Chris worried about letting people see me this way really makes me happy to think that he cares for my private life and doesn't want others to mistakenly judge us for appearances only. How could I not love this guy?

"It's alright Chris, I already thought this through earlier~!" I beam at him and he just stared at me, like waiting for me to continue. I let out a little giggle and walked to the closet, of course, Chris tagged along. I then grabbed one of my designer turtleneck sweaters, which had a formal style to it. "I'll wear this~!"

"Ooh!!! Great idea! No one will notice your neck hickeys either when you'll be wearing that! And it suits the cold weather too!" Chris cheers up, but then worries about another thing. "What about your lip bruise? You don't normally wear lipstick."

"Yeah... The only thing I could come up with is that 'I burned it while I tried to taste test something I was cooking'. How does that sound?"

"You can't really burn your lower lip... Why not say you bit your lip too hard while you were trying to hold back your tears while we watched a sad movie?"

Actually, that isn't quite bad!

"Yeah! I could go with that! But..." I pause and shoot Chris a confused look, "How could you bite my lip so hard like this while kissing me? Just what kind of perverted kisses did we engage in?"

"Well..." he gulps, "You could say... Various kinds?" he chuckles nervously. Which made me throw a pillow at him. I'm used to Chris being all perverted, but somehow hearing it makes me want to just hit him or throw something at him. I've been like this with him for forever.

"Yeah! I bet you loved doing those things to me." I said while preparing the clothes I'd wear for later on.

"You were enjoying the kisses too at the time." he stated a-matter-of-factly, which made my face face feel like it was on fire!

Does my drunk state reveal my pervy side?! Am I secretly craving for things like those?! It can't be!!!

I dropped my clothes on the floor and ran to throw medium punches on Chris' chest. "Don't say things like that with such a straight face!"

"It's true though?" he smirked.

So now he's teasing me?! God, this man is just so! Just so! So!!!

"*Sigh* Don't tease me like that!" I say as I pinch his cheeks apart.

"Ow! Ow! Oowww!!!" he reacts and then motions to ruffle up my hair and spin my head.

"Stop thaaaatttt!!!" I whine, and I am beginning to feel dizzy.

"You stahp ith fehst!"

As I stopped pinching him, he stops spinning my head. I hold my head intact to stop the swirling and Chris rubs his sore cheeks. After calming down, the both of us glance at each other for a while then fall into laughter for our childishness.

"Guess we haven't grown up yet huh?"

"Well, it's fun to have a childish side~!"

"Yeah..." I paused for a while to think and Chris calls out my name as I was in deep thought. He snapped me back into reality and I looked into his eyes. Chris looked genuinely worried, it's rare to see him like this. Usually I'm the worry wart, while he's the care-free guy.