Chapter 14: Leaving

A couple of weeks have past and Jade has been drowning herself in work, which worries me so much. I just hope she's taking good care of herself and remembers to eat every time she's hungry or when on a break. I'm just restless because I've noticed Jade losing weight fast.

I mean, it's good that she's losing some weight, because she's a little chubby, but losing too much could become a huge problem!

She'd even skip out on breakfast if I didn't stop her every time she goes out. And yeah, I've been busy myself, since I'm making songs for three companies, but I'm managing alright. It's Jade that causes me to stress out; and when I'd try to call her, it's either Kelly or Hazel that would answer me.

They'd say she's busy, they'd say she's in a conference, they'd say she's completing a research, they'd say she's handling a patient. But I don't want that b*llsh*t anymore! I wanna hear from Jade personally so I can know if she's alright and if I can help her relieve her stress in any way?!

But since Jade knows what she's doing, I thought I'd take one of the job offers given to me to fly to some city out of the state to do work for about a week.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I was packing my bags after I finished lunch because I had to leave early tomorrow morning for New York. I had in mind that I'd break the news to Jade as soon as she arrives tonight. I know this will be abrupt because I haven't talked this through with her. Yeah, I might get yelled at and she might throw a few punches at me, but I also want her to feel how lonely I've been to what she's putting me through.

Later that night, Jade arrived around less than half an hour left until midnight. She looked beat. I didn't want to put her through anymore stress, but I had to tell her.

"Jade?" I began. She slumped her way into the bedroom but still answered to me when I called her out. "I got somethin' to tell ya."

"If it's nothing important... can it wait till tomorrow?" she sounded exhausted and struggled to keep her eyes awake. I was hurt to see her over-working herself, but as long as she's still fine, I won't fight her.

I gave her a weak smile and shook my head, "Nah... Its not all that. You should get some rest." I told her, and just like that, she flopped down into bed, not even changing or even bothering to pull the covers over her body. It just pierced my heart to see Jade like this for a couple of days now.

She might be researching on something very important.

I'll let it slide this time. She needs the rest. I'll just talk to her about it tomorrow.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The next day, I woke up at around three in the morning. My flight was at seven, but I didn't want to be late for it, besides, I don't want to be stuck in traffic and miss my flight. I'd be traveling to New York with a fellow composer and our managers. This is more of a business trip than a vacation.

When I finished preparing myself at 3:37, I forced Jade to wake up to talk to her about it.

I know she's only had three and a half hours of sleep, but I have to tell her rather than just leaving her a note or a text!

"Jade?" I called out as I shook her gently. She grunted while trying to cover her face with a pillow. She's still wearing the clothes she wore yesterday, and it looks really wrinkly. "Jade~." I call out again as I began tickling her awake.

"Stop it." she mumbled as she searched for the clock then snapped back at me, "Why are you dressed like that at three in the morning Chris?" Her voice was groggy and she was struggling to keep her eyes awake and wobbled a little as she tried to sit up and rub the sleep from her eyes.