Chapter 22: Leave

It's been almost two weeks now since Chris has been in a coma, and even though I know that he's alright and hanging in there, I can't help but worry that something horrible might happen to him eventually. But, I never cease my prayers and keep on believing on the better outcome of the situation.

I already knew of Chris' Coronary Heart Disease (CHD), ever since I told him that I wanted to check up on him sometime three years ago. I wanted to examine him for myself, so that I could research on a cure for him, so that he'd be with me longer.

Those two positive results I got from my testing samples were all for Chris' situation, he can be cured, maybe not completely, but there is a way to lessen what he's feeling and let him live a long long life. The problem is, it's new and we haven't tested it on a single human yet, so we are not sure of the side effects or the possible outcomes of the drug. The only thing Luke and I are sure of, is that he can be cured and it won't cause any harm to his health. Hopefully...

The gang left sometime two weeks ago. They did want to stay until Chris wakes up, but we had no knowledge of that, and they have their own busy lives to attend to, so I told them that I'd immediately message them as soon as Chris wakes up.

Looking at Chris' calm sleeping face just breaks my heart now. I want him to wake up, I want him to look at me, to call my name once more. I can't handle all these negative thoughts and emotions for so long.

Chris! You better wake up. I still want to walk down the aisle and share vows with you!

All the emotions pile up inside me and I shed a tear from my thoughts running wild. So, I decided to go on YouTube and go listen to some of the J-pop songs that I usually tune in to. One Volcaloid song came up, which was sung by Gumi, it was an unfamiliar tune, so I looked at the title and just decided to continue listening.

The lyrics were in Japanese, but I understood them. 'Leave'. As soon as the title appears, the singer slowly starts to let out the words in a nice melody...

(A/N: The lyrics are literally in Japanese, but I'll type the translated lyrics for everyone to understand... :) )

"The color of the sunset
I stepped through fallen leaves
And used their sound to bury,
To hide...

Tear stains..."

What Tear Stains? I have a bad feeling about this song...

"I wipe with my hands,
Which can no longer feel them.

Towards the station on the way home,
For the next promise,
Don't say anything for my sake...

To not bind us together, To deceive and avoid.
The inevitable words, 'good-bye'..."

Please don't say goodbye just yet. Chris, I'm sorry for everything alright? Just please don't leave me. I want you to stay for forever and a day with me...

"The you before my eyes
Is beyond the closed door.
Which had once told of the beginning
Of those days which seemingly never existed.
Reflected in a blurry world.

The final bell rings out to us 
From fingertips, before any words.

Full of affection, I want to remember,
I grow reserved."

We knew we'd be separated, Yet we had loved,
We'd loved one another, And just can't let go.
Can't throw these feelings away.
All of mine, I wanted to make you all mine."

The song's lyrics, the way it was sung, and my situation with Chris now just made all my negative thoughts came rushing out and soon, little by little, the tears came trickling out of my closed eyes. I couldn't even stop the song, as I was now holding myself and just let all the bundled up emotions out of me.

"If we could meet again after 10 years,
Then that'd surely mean that we were bound together.
On paths we set out on, which will never meet,
The two of us, by a red string...

I can't bear them anymore, they're overflowing.
These emotions all towards you,
Will pass countless nights, within my chest,
Never disappearing.

I place my hand on my chest,
Bringing out distant memories.
That color-filled moment,
Makes my heartbeat quicken.

After 10 years, will those days between the two of us
Still be left behind in your chest?
Mistaken for people simply passing by,
We're destined to never meet again...
The two of us, by a red string..."

After the song had finally stopped, I paused the next song which was loading next and threw my tablet and earphones to the side while I decided to hug my knees and lay my head on them to cry my eyes out again. I couldn't even look at Chris who was laying asleep on the hospital bed in front of me. I was just so emotionally hurt right now for anything.

That song didn't help me with the current situation at all. It was making me feel bad about everything, and it makes my chest tighten more than usual which makes it even harder to breathe.

Suddenly, everything feels light and Kelly passes through the door to come and check on me and Chris as she does so every hour or so, then everything turns black...

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Moments later, I awaken in another room. It looks like my office, and I was sleeping on the check-up bed. "What happened earlier?"

"You passed out from crying so much Jade..." said a voice which resounded in the office. I then look around to see Luke. Kelly was there too but Hazel was somewhere else.

"What did you think about from crying so hard like that that you ended up passing out Jade?" asked a really concerned Kelly. I asked for my tablet and then showed her the song and Luke watched with her too. It had English subtitles, so they could understand. A while into the song, and Kelly started bawling her eyes out too. "Why were you listening to such sad music Jade?!" she yelled which trying to wipe her continuously falling tears.

"I didn't want to listen to it on purpose, I didn't even know that it was such a sad song that would fit the current situation!"

Luke was quickly trying to wipe away the tears too and acted like nothing happened, "Jade, games are one thing that can take your mind of such sad things. Why didn't you do that in the first place?"

"Well, I didn't feel like doing anything, so I thought music would be the cure."

"But there are a lot of music in the world that one can relate to, especially songs like these."

"Yeah, that's why I hated music in the past. Art was more 'me', it still is too. But I'm slowly starting to like music because of Chris."

Chris...

"Jade! Please think of something else at the moment." Kelly lectures me as she comes close to wipe the falling tears from my cheeks with her handkerchief as I haven't noticed that they were pouring down again.

I sniffle a bit before responding to her while trying to force a small smile, "I'll try Kelly... I'll try..."

I just pray that Chris and I can get through this mess together...

___________________________

Hey Guys!

Chris is still in a coma and Jade is feeling crushed. How will things turn out after all this?

Thanks and Please continue to Support + Share + Vote + Comment on #TPaTNWCT~! :D

Don't keep quiet and share your thoughts~! :3

~Kurisu-chan ;*