Chapter 43: Paris

Hours later from flying up in the sky to our destination, we finally reached the most romantic city in the world. Paris, France. I always knew that I wanted to come here one day, I just didn't imagine that that day would be today.

Even the entire plane ride here was classy, since Chris bought us both Business Class tickets. The chairs can turn into beds, the movies were amazing, even the food and snacks they served us were all exquisite. I practically slept nearly half the hours we were on the plane out of sheer exhaustion. While I was awake, Chris and I would talk and plan out what we would do once we got to Paris.

After collecting our luggage, we hailed a cab and Chris told the driver the name of our hotel. Both of us were practically in awe the entire ride to our hotel, since it was his first time in Paris too, and both of us just kept looking around at everything we passed by.

"Can I help you sir?" the man at the desk asks Chris.

Oh!!! That French accent sounds like music to my ears!!!

I mean, accents from all over the world amaze me, but hearing them up close in the country where we're in just makes it twice as more exciting than it is when foreigners visit the States.

"Yes, uh... I have a reservation. My name's Christopher Jay Calderson."

The man then started typing on his computer, "Oui, monsieur Calderson, you have indeed made a reservation, and it is a five night stay at our hotel. Oui?"

"We!" Chris says, and I can't help but try to hide the giggles as how Chris said yes was totally hilarious!

As much as how the hotel was beautiful, our room was also so beautiful! On one of the highest floors even! We didn't take long either. We hurried up in changing and freshening up to go out and explore as we didn't want to waste another precious minute without touring this amazing place.

We practically went to all the greatest sights today, as France is known for many of their famous landmarks of beautiful architecture. We first visited the Arc de Triomphe, then Quasimodo's church, the Notre Dame de Paris, and lastly the Parc Monceau. We're saving The Eiffel Tower for tomorrow. Hehehe...

We were both exhausted from all that adventure, but we still had a tiny bit more of energy to do a little more. So, we went to have dinner at some fancy restaurant then grocery shopping for basic needs. Chris and I split the bill to have equality.

Getting back to the hotel, Chris took a shower first and I followed shortly after he finished. After the half bath (A/N: 'Half bath' is what I call showering without getting your hair wet.) I took and drying myself off, I looked at myself in the mirror and paused for a long while, feeling really anxious. I started mumbling to myself.

"Jade... Get a grip... You're married now, and you planned this to happen sooner or later. Just stay calm and just put it on and walk out proud, dang it!"

[Chris' P.O.V.]

"Jade is taking quite a while inside that bathroom isn't she?" I thought to myself. I mean, I know she takes longer in the bath than me, cause she's a girl. But it's almost been 30 minutes, and she only takes 20 minutes or less when taking a shower.

Is she conflicted because of something? Don't tell me... She's embarrassed to come out because she's on her period and her napkins aren't with her right now?!?!!

I then paused the short series I was watching on our tablet to go knock on the bathroom door to ask if she's alright, but just walking a few inches away from the bed, I then see Jade's fingers and head popping out from the corner of the doorway to this bedroom.