Concealed.

You were carelessly walking around, enjoying the peace and quiet that almost never occured back where you came from, so these long walks were one of the few things that kept you sane.

You didn't really know where to go but most of the time you would venture so far away from home that you would have to find some way to get back home quickly. It sucked having to retrace your steps and eventually get even more lost before, but on these walks you had a lot of time to ponder.

That was why you enjoyed these walks so much.

On this particular walk, you neared a very suspicious cave that had aroused your curiousity. It soon got the best of you, so you ended up walking inside. In the center of the cave was a faded magic circle that seemed to have been carved onto the floor.

Being a complete idiot, you had walked right into the middle of the magic circle only to have the faded ancient writing glow brightly. You shielded your eyes from the blinding light as you waited for the glow to die down. Once it had died down, you opened your e/c eyes.

What you saw was...something you would have never expected.

"Vi...Vivalgia!?" you exclaimed.

The said dragon nodded slightly as the rest of her crystal-esque body materialized. She lied down on the floor of the cave, suprisingly being able to stretch her dragonic physique, despite how large her body was.

"Sit down, little one. We have a lot to talk about," she said, clearly amused by your reaction.

You nodded and sat down in the cold, hard, rocky stone floor before you had to raise your head to catch a glimpse of the Dragon Queen's face.

"W-why are you here?" you asked, "I thought you could only materialize if-"

"If you summon me?" she finished for you, "If I can't will myself to materialize, then what kind of a Dragon Queen would I be?"

(Le me: Can it, Sebastian.

Sebastian: *blinks innocently*...what?

Le me: Nothing...I totally didn't steal your catchphrase...)

"Fair point. But why are you here?" you asked.

She let out a deep breath, "Trouble is brewing, I can sense it. A very...powerful force has awakened thousands of years after it was thought to have been wiped out for good."

"How do you know? Aren't you...like, dead?" you questioned.

"I keep watch over the few dragons that have not yet been wiped out. It's my duty as queen to watch over my subjects after all, it's incredibly irritating to find them still causing trouble here and there," Vivalgia said.

"Normally," she began, "the troubles the surviving dragons have caused would take care of themselves, but this is a very...delicate matter. If this is not take care of properly, this world would suffer great consequences."

The transluscent dragon shook her head slowly before she rested her head on the ground of the cave, shooting you a look with her captivating purple orbs.

"She has got to hurry up," Vivalgia muttered.

"Who?"

A sly smile formed on her lips, "You'll see, Y/N."

You narrowed your eyes at her, "She better be fast then. I don't really have a lot of time on my hands, I should be on my way back home."

"She'll be here shortly."

(???'s P.O.V)

A flurry of white zipped by, causing the nearby animals to stir. The same flurry of white let out a loud roar before it suddenly flew upwards, beating its massive wings. Once it was high enough, it folded its wings and began diving so it could pick up speed.

The animals all watched as it neared the ground, seemingly about to crash. At the last moment, it spread its wings and flew at a nearly invisible speed.

And so, the strange creature had left the area as soon as it had arrived.

×××(A/N: Again, this means a time skip.)

Y/N and Vivalgia stared at the opening of the cave once they heard the sound of a dragon's roar. Then, a massive beast landed on the opening of the cave, breathing deeply, its scale-covered chest rising and falling along with the dragon's breathing.

"Ah, you've finally arrived," Vivalgia said casually, "I thought you'd never come."

"You told me to come on such short notice, Dragon Queen," the dragon snarled, "my food escaped because of you. I'm tired and hungry, Vivalgia, this better be important."

It was only then, had the dragon acknowledged Y/N's presence. The dragon's angry look had softened to a much more...nostalgic one.

"Y/N," the dragon said, softly.

Those pristine scales the color of pure snow.

The red markings on her body that were strikingly similar to that of another dragon.

It was the one and only-

"Hikari," you said, smiling.

Hikari was much larger than when she had left you not too long ago, she was most definitely at her fully grown size by now. She was a proper dragon with powerful wings, talons that were ready to shred flesh apart, tough scales that were in pristine condition, and sharpened fangs that shattered even the hardest of objects.

"It's been a while."

"I know."

And with that, two dragons that had left you not too long ago to conceal themselves from mankind, had suddenly appeared in front of you.