What's the Point?

You shook your head, looking up at Vivalgia, "So, how is this supposed to work exactly?"

"There's no real...way to do it. You just will yourself to sacrifice your life energy into one very powerful attack, that's about it, really."

Hikari looked at the sky, "Is there another way?"

"There's only one thing to do, Hikari. You know it. We can't last much longer, he's too powerful," you said, watching as Crimson Reaper wreaked havoc upon the already mangled battlefield.

"She's right. If only things haven't come to this, you had so much to live for, Y/N."

You smiled weakly, "I know. I just hope Sting's going to cope with it."

You watched as the two warring forces collided yet again, destroying the once beautiful landscape even more. You sighed and sat down, feeling drained.

"We can only take so much, especially with the circumstances we're under," Hikari said.

"True."

"Shall we?"

You smiled sadly, willing your exhausted body to exert its powerful magic yet again. The familiar markings appeared all over your body as you sighed sadly.

"You're incredibly okay with this, Y/N. How come?" Hikari asked.

"It's either this or the world we know will come to end. I may not be able to see Sting's face ever again but it's better than seeing him suffer under his rule. God knows what Crimson will do if he takes over the world," you said.

Hikari nodded before she spread her gargatuan wings and roared loudly, the dragon by her side did the same. You felt incredibly puny alongside the two giants but the fact that they treat you as an equal in power made up for the sheer difference in size.

"If this doesn't work, what'll happen?" you couldn't help but ask.

"I assure you, Y/N. It will, he may be an all-powerful divine being but not even he can withstand the power of four dragons."

"You are aware that the fourth dragon may not be completely okay with this idea, right?" Hikari said, "He's too full of himself and his title."

Vivalgia smiled, "Exactly."

"What?" you questioned.

She continued, "He is indeed very full of himself and he is also very proud of the title given to him. That's why I know he won't bow down to anybody, not even a divine being. I know that he would rather rot in hell bearing the title 'Dragon King' than having it taken away from him."

"That's..." you pause, "actually realistic now that I think about it."

"Told you."

Hikari snarled, "C'mon, you two. Delaying this will only make us more likely to turn back on our decision. Let's end this once and for all."

"The world we live in can no longer cope with the existence of dragons, as shown with the incident that took pkace after the Grand Magic Games. That's why it's very important that every single dragon gets wiped out, humans and dragons cannot live alongside each other without conflict," you said.

The three of you looked at the battle that played out before Hikari spoke up, "We must all be taken out, for the sake of the future generations."

"For the sake of the humans," the two dragons chanted.

"...for Sting's sake."

The three of you were about to make your move until you were suddenly held back by two strong arms wrapping around your waist. Your body stiffened as you felt Sting bury his face in your shoulder.

"How did you-?"

"Flaire brought me here!" he interrupted, "I heard everything, Y/N! What do you plan on doing!?"

"Sting, it's for the sake of the worl-"

"Don't give me that crap!" he yelled, "What about me!? I can't accept this! To hell with the world! I'm not letting you push through with this!"

You turned around and pulled him into a gentle kiss, tears streaming down your cheeks as Sting held you by the waist. When you pulled away, you saw that he was close to tears as well. You flashed a strained smile as you rested your forehead against his.

"Don't cry, okay? Your head's far too up your ass for that," you said.

"Y/N," Vivalgia said softly, "It's time."

You nodded before kissing him once again before you held his hand gently. He stared at you with the most pained expression you had ever seen. It shattered your heart to see him like this but you had no choice.

You let go of his hand before a lone tear slid down your cheek.

"I love you."

He stared at the ground, "I can't lose you...I'll have nobody to have fun with. I'll have nobody to screw around with. I won't have anyone who I love as deeply as I love you. I'll have nobody to have half-assed talks with..."

"...I won't have anybody to take Nutella from."

(A/N: Okay, I'm sorry about the Nutella thing, but it's kind of a trademark in this story. Plus I am nearly crying as I write this and I thought the Nutella thing would be...nice.

*sigh*

Fine, you can kill me for the horrible-ness and how un-feely these feels are.)

You smiled before you shook your head sadly, "The Nutella's all yours, Sting. It's always been all yours, you just didn't know HOW TO FLIPPIN' ASK FOR PERMISSION."

"It's not the point!" he responded, "What's the point of stealing your Nutella if you're not there to yell at me for it!? What's the point of eating your Nutella without you always being on my case about how often I steal the goddamned thing!? What's the point of looking at that jar of chocolate whatever if I'm just reminded of how much you loved eating it!?"

He sniffled, "...what's the point of anything in life without you?"

You pulled him into a tight hug which probably would be your last. Sting immediately wrapped his arms around you, hiding his face in your neck.

"I don't want to lose you."

"I know you don't but if I don't do this, then I might be the one who'll lose you...

...if I don't have you with me, then what's the point?"