XXII.

"Nice to see you back in my office Jailee." Doctor Joseph greeted me. "So what's the issue today?"

"She thinks she's pregnant." My mother blurted out.

If I was to be pregnant, I would want my mother to be the first to know which is why I invited her to this appointment.

"So she's sexually active?"

"Yes." My mother said answering for me once again.

"So we'll do a ultrasound and see what we can find." He explained.

He instructed me to lay back and pull my shirt up as he put the gel on my stomach and moved the monitor around.

"Looks like we've found something."

He said as we looked up on the screen. I didn't know what it was, but something was there.

"You are in fact pregnant." He said wiping the gel off of me and printing out the picture.

" He said wiping the gel off of me and printing out the picture

"How far along?" I asked standing up pulling my shirt down.

"I'd say about eight or nine weeks. Congratulations." He said shaking my hand. "I'll see you back in four weeks just to see how everything's going."

"Thank you." I said as me and my mother walked to the car.

"How do you feel?" She asked me as I buckled my seatbelt.

"Mixed emotions."

"Why?" She questioned.

"I'm happy about having a kid, but how's dad gonna react?"

"Don't worry about him. He'll get over it sooner or later." She assured me.

After dropping my mother off, I stopped by Bryson's house sticking my key in the doorknob, since having the key to each other's homes was a part of our agreement about having trust for each other.

"Jailee!" Harley said running from the living room to the door hugging my legs.

"Hey baby girl." I said picking her up.

"Me and daddy just finished my Doc McStuffins puzzle!" She enthusiastically said.

"Really?" I said walking over to the living room where Bryson was sitting on the carpeted floor staring up at the TV.

"Yeah. But I did most of the work." Harley said as I put her down.

"Don't believe her." Bryson said taking his attention off of the TV. "She's just now finding out what a puzzle is."

"Just kidding daddy." Harley said wrapping her arms around his neck hugging him.

"There's something I need to tell you." I said taking a seat on the couch sitting my purse next to me.

"What?" He asked turning around to face me as I handed him the picture of my ultrasound.

He examined it for a long while.

"The fuck is a fetis?"

"You mean a fetus?"

"Yeah, whatever." He said brushing it off.

"It's an unborn child."

He thought for a while.

"You pregnant?"

"Took you long enough to figure it out." I said.

"You dead ass?" He asked sitting on the couch next to me.

"Yup." I replied.

"I'm gonna spoil it." He said smiling down at my stomach. "And give it everything I didn't have growing up."

"I wanna do that too. The first thing I wanna give my child that I never had growing up, is a father."

"You don't gotta worry 'bout that 'cause inma always be here."

I was confident Bryson would try his best to come see our baby and go to the doctor's appointments even when he was busy or on tour. I knew he would since I see him struggle everyday to keep Harley happy and make sure he visits her regularly.

"What do you want it to be?" I asked him.

"A boy." He replied. "Since I already have a girl. What about you?"

"It doesn't matter to me, I'll love it the same."

There was a short silence between us.

"So you're happy?" I asked breaking the silence.

"Yeah." He replied.

"Not like, surprised or anything?"

"Nah, I figured it was gonna happen sooner or later. I just don't like the way condoms feel and I know my pull out game ain't the best. I mean, how'd you think Harley got here?"

I chuckled.

"So... What're we gonna do now?"

"What do you mean?"

"Once you have a baby everything changes, and we're gonna have to make some arrangements so raising a baby together can be easier."

"First, I would wanna buy a new house, so we could move in together and something that fits our needs as far as location, how big it is and the layout of the house."

"You free tomorrow?" I asked.

"Yeah, I should be."

"Maybe we can search for a house then." I suggested.

"Yeah, we can."

"You think you're ready to be a daddy again?" I asked looking up at him.

"Yeah I know how to warm up bottles and change diapers. I just can't believe I'm doin' it all over again. But you know it's gonna be harder raisin' a baby while I'm travelin' on tour, right?"

I sighed.

"Yeah, that's the only bad side of all this, but I just can't wait to decorate the nursery and have our baby shower."

"We gotta long time before we do all that. You probably decidin' names already."

I was.

"But you just don't know how exciting this is for me."

Having a baby by someone you truly love and want to spend the rest of your life with, is the best feeling you could ever have... Next to a good orgasm.

I was so excited that I was already imagining how our baby would look.
I just prayed that our child wouldn't have Bryson's nigga naps, especially if we had a girl, but all I can do is dream about it for now.

That night, before I went to sleep I was contemplating my whole life and how my life would go through a drastic change once the baby came and all the sacrifices I would have to make. In the end, I'm sure it would all be worth it as long as I had my family and lover by my side.