V.

"Jai... Jai!" A voice said waking me out of my deep sleep. For sure it was Carmin.

"What..." I said in my sleepy voice.

"It's one in the afternoon."

"And?"

"How is it possible for you to sleep that long?"

"You'll understand once you work full time all week."

"Sure, I'll understand when I sit at a desk and do nothing from nine to five Monday through Friday." She rolled her eyes.

"Don't you have your own place where you should be right now?"

"Don't worry about me."

I mentally rolled my eyes.

"Get up." She said nudging me. "I bought your favorite."

All of a sudden I sprung up from the bed.

"Crab legs with fried shrimp?" I eagerly asked as she nodded her head.

I sprinted to the kitchen, but stopped in my tracks.

"Wait a minute..." I said turning around to face Carmin with my arms folded. "What do you want me to do? No way you would buy me something just to be nice." I said facing her way with my arms folded.

"Well, I just wanted to be nice and show how much I appreciate my best friend." She innocently smiled.

A con artist at its best.

The last thing I wanted to do right now was argue with Carmin, so I sat down at the table starting to devour my food.

"Don't forget about the party tonight." She reminded me.

I sighed.

"So you're not gonna go after I bought you your favorite meal?"

I knew she wanted something from me. Right now, there was no way out.

"Why are you so worried about me going to the party?"

"Well... You don't have a social life, like I said before."

Not having a social life really didn't bother me, it was especially good for my job since I had more time to worry about my job rather then friends or a relationship.

"But I have something planned for us today."

"What?" I asked.

"We're gonna raid your closet for something to wear tonight." She explained pulling me toward my room.

"Why?" I whined.

"You have to look your best tonight." She cheesed.

~•*~•*~•*

"I think this is what you should wear."

I looked in the mirror unsure of the outfit.

"I feel like a thot." I honestly told her.

"Great, you feel like yourself." She sarcastically smiled.

I rolled my eyes.

After Carmin did some final touches to her outfit, we left.

"How much longer?" I asked Carmin as we were walking toward the club. It was odd how far the valet parking was from the club.

"Just one more block."

"It's really chilly." I said tucking my hands into the pockets of my thin jacket.

"You'll be fine." She told me. "Thots don't get cold."

As we entered the club there was a whole bunch of people grinding and twerking to the music. I felt so out of place.

I looked to my right expecting to see Carmin, but she already went off and found some guy to dance with.

I sat at one of the barstools watching all the people and the lights that were flashing everywhere.

"What can I get you?" The bartender asked me.

"Nothing." I simply replied.

I've never drank an alcoholic beverage in my whole twenty-one years of living, and I wasn't planning to, in fear of becoming an alcoholic like half of my uncles.

How the hell did I let Carmin talk me into this?

I scrolled through my Instagram feed in boredom until a crowd formed around the stage. Like anyone other person would, I got up and made my way to the front of the stage spotting Carmin.

"Ladies and gents, please welcome Bryson Tiller!"

Wait... Did I hear correctly?

When he stepped out I knew for sure it was him. Glancing at Carmin I knew she knew Bryson was going to be here. I knew what he was up to.

All the ladies went crazy as he sat down on a stool and adjusted the microphone.

"What up Lousiville?!" He yelled making the screams of the crowd louder.

"Y'all might've heard this on my Soundcloud, but this is my cover to 'Trust Issues'." He explained.

"I don't care about no woman baby I don't mean no harm. Have been told that men are dogs and so I try not to be on. I don't really give a fuck about no bitch and what she wants. Girl excuse my rude behavior, no time for you. You're playin' with the wrong one, nuh. You got the wrong one, nuh. Check that inbox on your phone hun
Leave me alone hun. I don't want ya." He sang.

His voice got deeper (if that's even possible) and his vocals were definitely on point.

He performed a couple more songs until he started to sing "Don't". That's when he got off the stool singing to fans. Once he spotted me, he smiled taking my hand into his as he continued singing.

Once the whole performance was over I needed to take a moment to take in everything that just occurred.

"We gotta get backstage!" Carmin exclaimed pulling my arm.