XVIII.

Lauren and I took a seat at one of the tables at the Dunkin Donuts that was on the first floor of the building.

This building was big and used for many things. One floor was reserved for stock marketing another was use for photography and other floors were used for dozens of different things.

It was 8:18 and we didn't have to be at work until 9 so we had lots of time to spare.

"I was planning on seeing my boyfriend's side of the family and mine later on." Lauren said continuing the conversation we were engaging in before about our plans for thanksgiving.

"You planned anything?" She asked me.

"My mother's been talking about wanting to meet my boyfriend and I'm kinda skeptical about that. She's either gonna love him or hate him."

"I remember when me and my boyfriend started dating and my mother loved him so much she started calling him her son-in-law already. My father wasn't too crazy about him, but they grew to like each other over time."

"My father's never even met my boyfriend in person and he hates him." I sighed. "That's how strict he is about guys I date."

"Eventually he's gonna have to accept it."

Hopefully he will accept it sometime soon.

"Anyway," She said starting to change the subject. "My boyfriend and I were going out tomorrow night and if you and your boyfriend don't have plans you could come."

"I'll have to check in to see if my boyfriend has plans, but more than likely you'll see us there. Just text me the info when you get a chance."

"It would be great if you could come. Especially since it's our two year anniversary, it would be fun to celebrate it with another couple."

I took a sip of my coffee.

"So what's your boyfriend's name?" I asked in an attempt to create casual talk.

"His name's Devvon. What about you?"

"Bryson."

"I almost thought you were talking about the singer, but then I said no, it can't be him."

"That's him." I replied.

"You're serious?" She asked in shock.

"Yeah, that's why I had to make sure he didn't have any plans tomorrow and by plans I meant shows."

"That's so cool." She enthusiastically replied. "He's all over my playlist."

"He's all over mine too, seriously."

"I always listen to his songs whenever I'm studying for a final, as long as I do that I'm sure to pass it."

"What do you go to college for?"

"I go for journalism. I'm about halfway through until I get my bachelor's degree."

One of my major regrets was not going to college, even though my grades were A1 in high school.

Glancing at the lock screen of my phone I had a notification from Instagram saying someone had sent me a DM from an account that was unfamiliar to me. The account didn't have any followers nor posts.

Opening it, it revealed a picture of Bryson and a girl on his lap. After squinting at the picture for a while I realized it was Lexi on his lap.

Telling from the background, he was at the Connections club. I knew since that the club me and Carmin went to before and that was also the place Bryson performed at last night.

But I thought about what Carmin told me the other day about how people were gonna go to extreme measures to break us up. Before, I only had to worry about Lexi coming between us, and now I had to worry about Bryson's growing fan base which consisted of mostly females who claimed Bryson to be their husband or baby daddy and who want him to remain single.

I'm pretty sure there was a logical explanation for all this. One of the major keys to a successful relationship is trust.

Bryson wouldn't cheat on me, right?

Once it struck 9 o'clock I was sitting behind my desk watching a episode of Empire that I missed last week while Lauren was faxing some papers.

When my shift came to an end I checked my phone as soon as I got into my car.

Plans for tm? Hmu
-Daddy 🔐💍

I sent him a quick text about going out with Lauren tomorrow before pulling off.

I didn't go straight home though, I stopped at ShopRite for a sec to pick some things up for thanksgiving since my refrigerator was basically empty from Carmin laying up in my house.

I unlocked the front door carrying the bags to the kitchen and stocking up the pantry and refrigerator.

"What you cooking for thanksgiving?" Carmin asked leaning up against the doorframe without saying a simple hello.

"Nothing for you."

"Why?"

"I'm not even gonna be home."

"Where you gonna be at?"

"My mother's with Bryson."

"And what am I supposed to do here by myself?"

"Don't you have a family?"

"You know that, but more then half of them are in Panama."

"Whose fault is that?" I said not really caring.

She sucked her teach leaning up against the kitchen counter now.

"What're you doing tomorrow then?"

"I'm going out with Bryson and a friend."

"A friend? Bish what? I'm your only friend." She scoffed.

"You said I needed to go out and meet new people before, right?"

"I meant guys."

"You should've been more clear about that. Maybe you should take your own advice and meet new people too instead of staying at a friends house 24/7 while your pregnant, married and don't even live with your husband. It's honestly not a good look."

"Wow Jailee. You really changed."

"What?" I said turning around so fast I almost broke my neck.

"You get a boyfriend and you basically cut me off, then you get a new friend then you cut me off completely for her."

"If I really cut you off Carmin, then why are you still living in my house? Why do I see you almost everyday?"

"So you would want me to move out?"

"Yeah, that would be nice."

"Can't beleive you right now." She said trudging down the hallway.

Like before, she'll be back in no time.