XXIII.

"This place is ours now." I told Harley as we entered taking in the new house smell. It was her first time seeing it, so she was really excited.

It didn't take us long to agree on a house, but Bryson insisted that we chose this house with eight bedrooms that was a new construction. I made it clear to him that we weren't having a lot of children, but he still insisted that we buy it.

"You know, you could help." Bryson said pushing a huge box through the front door.

Our new bed frame had just came to the house.

"I'm pregnant."

"That's your excuse for everything."

It was.

I might as well make the most of it while I can.

"You can't at least hold the door open for me?"

"I'm not supposed to hold heavy objects for the next couple months. Get used to it." I told him as me and Harley went to scope out the rest of the house.

"Which one is my room?" Harley asked.

Me and Bryson weren't sure what all the rooms would be used for just yet, but we agreed that the kids' room would be the closest to the master bedroom.

"We don't know yet, but after we paint all the rooms we'll know."

There was still a lot of work that had to be done to this house. We had to furnish it, paint certain rooms, order new furniture and put the furniture together. Honestly, this was all just a big headache.

We wanted to move in after Christmas, but before new year's so we had a ton of work that needed to be completed in such a short amount of time, plus we had to move all the furniture out of our homes and sell a couple things. We just came here today to make a list of things that had to be done and what other stuff we had to buy.

"There's only three days left until Christmas, Harley." I after I crossed off the previous day on the calendar we kept on the fridge once we were back at Bryson's place.

I knew Harley was going to be so happy Christmas morning since this was going to be one of the best Christmases she's had since Bryson finally has the funds to spoil her with what she wants.
She had about a million gifts, I honestly couldn't keep track of how many presents I had wrapped for her.

"Imma head to the studio." Bryson said as I walked to the living room.

"Again?" I said sitting on the couch perpendicular to the one he was sitting on.

"I won't be long." He said standing up putting his jacket on.

"You said that last time and you came back at two o'clock in the morning."

Whenever Bryson "claimed" he was at the studio, I thought otherwise. I couldn't accuse him of anything though. That would be breaking our agreement about trust.

"I promise you I won't be that late." He said bending down to kiss me, but I pushed his face away.

"So what's good with you?" He asked me.

"I don't know what you're talking about." I said not making eye contact with him.

"You been duckin' a nigga lately."

"I'm pregnant."

"I swear if you say that one more time."