VI.

There was a guard in front of the backstage entrance. We were positive Bryson was back there.

"Backstage pass?" He asked us.

Me and Carmin stared at each other.

"You see," She started. " We're high school friends of Bryson."

Yeah, for less than a week.

"No pass, no entry." He sternly told us.

Standing on the tip of my toes looking past the guard I could see Bryson signing things and taking pictures with fans.

"I suggest you leave before I have to escort you out." He told us.

"Excuse me?" Carmin said causing a scene.

"Ma'am, I asked you nicely--"

"Everything okay here?" Bryson said stepping in.

My heart was beating fast at this point. You'd understand if you were literally two feet away from him.

"I know these girls Roderick, it's aight."

"Just doin' my job." He said in his defense.

"How y'all been?" He asked leaning against the wall.

Any little thing he did, I found attractive.

"We've been good." Carmin said answering for me due to my daydreaming.

"C'mon Bryson I have to pick Harley up from my mother's." A female voice called, but I couldn't see anybody.

"We can catch up later." He said as we switched phones.

"I wonder who that was." Carmin said as we walked back to the club.

"You think he's single?" I asked.

"A fine man like him? He can't be."

~•*~•*~•*

After a couple more hours of partying me and Carmin were finally home. I was ready to go to sleep, but every night before I go to sleep I make sure to check my Instagram, Snapchat, Kik, Twitter any social network, you name it.

On my lock screen was a notification that Bryson texted me.

We were texting for a about an hour, if not, more. 

Come to find out he has a daughter. Great. Just great. Who is it by? Lexi. Yeah that's really great. On the good side of that, him and Lexi are broken up, but he says this still talk as though they're best friends.

Remember that project me and Bryson worked on in high school? Turns out, we won it and the money went to Bryson's music career for advertising. Bryson isn't quite famous yet, but he's close to it.

I didn't go to sleep until about four o'clock in the morning and I had to pick my dad up from the airport at eight.

"Carmin." I whispered creeping into the guest bedroom.

She basically lives with me even though she has a place of her own.

She let out a tired groan.

"I'm leaving." I told her as I grabbed my keys off the kitchen counter.

Pulling up to the airport I spotted my father.

"How's my princess?"

"I'm good." I smiled.

"How's Bella?"

"She's fine, she just eats everything." I laughed.

"I know how much you love her as if she was your daughter."

I laughed.

"Anyone special in your life now?"

"Well, there's this one guy. But I don't think we'll be together."

"Why?"

"He has a daughter, I think that's a deal breaker."

"Baby mama drama is a bitch. Trust me I've been through it with your mother. But if you really love him then you'll love that daughter like she was yours."

"I've never met her though, I would want to one day though. Plus we just started talking, so I don't wanna think about a relationship right now. Plus I'm more focused on being good at my job so I can make my father look good." I smiled.

"That's the mentality I want you to have."

Once we got inside my house Bella greeted my father by lots of barking and jumping. She's always took a liking to him.

Surprisingly, Carmin was nowhere to be found. Parents didn't really like Carmin since people would consider her to be ghetto or just too loud. Especially since my father is a businessman he has high standards for anyone I date or hang out with.

"Where can I put my stuff?"

"You can stay in the guest bedroom it's the second door to the left."

Can I come by today?

Bryson texted me. As much as I wanted to spend time with him alone I definitely didn't want to bring him over while my father was here. He didn't think anyone was good enough for me. Plus, I haven't even started on what I was gonna present on Monday.

Fml.

Pulling out my MacBook Pro and thinking about it for a while, I knew just what I was gonna present that everyone was gonna love.

Jailee's father, step-mother and siblings in MM.