XLII.

"Aight, now what was that?" Bryson said once he caught up with me.

"I didn't do anything wrong, Bryson." I said folding my arms.

"What was that shit you pulled out there? Do you know what this could do to album sales and fan--"

"So the world just revolves around you and your career?! Is that what you think?! I'm not gonna sit there and answer a question I'm not comfortable with just so you can look good. That's the main reason why you wanted to come here isn't it?"

He stood there in silence.

"Answer me Bryson!" I yelled.

"Aight listen Jai," He started. "I never put my career before you, or the kids, but it's hard to juggle family and a career that requires traveling and all night studio sessions and if you can't deal with that, then maybe we need time away from each other."

"What are you trying to say Bryson?" I said lowering my voice.

He sighed. I know he didn't want things to go this way as much as I did.

"So you're breaking up with me?" I asked.

"That's the only way we'll both be happy for once without arguin' every time we turn around."

We stood in silence before I slid the engagement ring off my finger reaching out to hand it to him.

"What I'm gon do with that?" He asked.

"Since we're not together anymore what's the point of me having it?"

He took it shoving it into his pocket.

From that point on, we didn't say anything to each other.

After arriving home and avoiding telling my mother about the whole breakup, I started packing some things for me and Trent.

"Where you goin'?" Bryson asked.

"We're broken up aren't we?"

"Yeah, but I ain't expect you to leave."

"I don't think ex-fiancé's live with each other."

"Aight, but when you gon bring Trent back?"

"When I feel like it." I responded lugging the two large suitcases out the house with Bryson following behind me.

"Oh, so it's like that now?" He said.

"You get what you give." I said proceeding to buckle Trent into his car seat.

"So you mad at me now?" He asked.

"Nooo Bryson, I'm so happy that you broke up with me." I sarcastically said. "I'll be back to get more of me and Trent's stuff tomorrow." I told him.

"You really doin' this?"

"You broke up with me and expect me to stay Bryson? I thought you'd be happy. You're free to fuck all the bitches you want."

"It ain't about the bitches."

"But they were was when I was pregnant right?"

"That was how long ago?"

"Doesn't matter how long ago it was. It happened, and that's what matters."

"Aight. Go ahead and act like that." He said walking back in the house.

I sat in my car for a while before putting the key in the ignition and calling Lauren.

"Hello?" She answered.

"Hey Lauren, I was wondering if I could stay over at your place Bryson and-"

"You don't need to explain anything Jai. It was all over TMZ today."

"Really?"

"Yeah, it was crazy. I meant to call you."

"So I can come over?"

"You know you're always welcome."

"Thanks best." I said before hanging up and pulling off.

"Where's my baby?" Lauren asked referring to Trent once I rang her doorbell.

"Hello to you too, Lauren." I said stepping into her living room taking Trent out of his car seat.

"He got so big!" Lauren said picking Trent up.

"Wanna keep him for a week?"

"I don't know about that. I'd be pulling my hair out."

"Where's Devvon?" I asked her.

"Out at Michael's house to play cards with some of his other friends."

"And he left you home?"

"I wanted to go but he said it's a "guy's thing". But you're here to keep me company."

"Yeah..." I trailed off looking down fiddling with my fingers still thinking about my situation with Bryson.

"You can use the room down the hall. It'll be the third room to your right."

"Okay." I replied dragging the bags into the room and putting all the clothes in the drawers.

While Lauren was playing with Trent, I turned the TV to the Fox channel.

"So apparently Jailee and Bryson are no longer a thing after only being engaged for a very short period of time." One of the reporters spoke.

I scoffed. I can't even watch TV without being reminded of the whole situation?

Bryson and I have always been off and on. Maybe this was the time that I actually have to move on for good.