XXXI.

"It was smart of you to pick this place for us to hang out." I told Michael as we enjoyed the view of all the trees. It wasn't the most fascinating view, but it was something.

"I figured you might wanna get away from all the paparazzi and stuff for a change."

"I really needed to get away." I sighed. "All the paparazzi does is cause drama for no apparent reason."

"Dating a celebrity is overrated."

"Tell me about it. Once Bryson goes on tour, I'm basically a single mother until he comes back. FaceTiming all the time isn't the same as having him with me physically."

"I'll be there for you." He smiled.

"Thanks Michael, but Bryson wouldn't like the idea of you playing daddy while he's gone."

"Why is it always about what Bryson wants? It seems like he's always stoppin' you from doin' what you wanna do even if he's thousands of miles away."

"It's his baby too, Michael."

"It just seems like you don't have a say in anything. It's okay for him to do something you don't like, but whatever you do has to please him. He cheated on you multiple times and he doesn't like us talkin' when we ain't nothin' but friends. He got you on a leash Jailee. You don't see it, but other people do. He knows that he can do anything he wants and you'll just run back to him."

"He messed up one time Michael."

"So he had sex with another female once?"

"I don't wanna talk about it Michael."

"So you don't wanna hear the things you need to hear? Just lemme vent for a while."

I stayed quiet with my arms folded.

"What will it take for you to leave Bryson for good? You just gon let the cheatin' go on forever? You gon wait till he get another bitch pregnant for you to leave? You can't let it get to that point. You gotta address it while you can."

"Why are you commenting on my relationship? Why can't you just be happy that I'm happy?"

"If there wasn't so many fucked up things in your relationship I would be happy for you."

That's what got me fired up.

"Take me home Michael."

"I was jus—"

"I don't care Michael! Just take me home." I cut him off.

"Wouldn't you rather have me tell you then to have the media broadcast it?"

"Michael I said I was done with this!" I said raising my voice.

"Aight, but be glad that I told you privately instead of the media puttin' you on blast." He said putting the key in the ignition and pulling off.

The car ride was completely silent making me feel uncomfortable sitting next to Michael.

"I know you gon be mad at me for a while, but just think about what I said." Michael told me as he pulled up into the driveway.

I rolled my eyes getting out the car unlocking the front door. I was greeted by Bryson rummaging through the fridge.

"I just called a couple people settled everything for the baby shower."

"Good." I simply replied.

"What's good with you?"