XXXVI.

I woke up with severe cramps. This was nothing unusual since I always woke up in the middle of the night with pain in my abdominal area, but as I was about to get up from the bed I noticed that my pants and bed were soaked. It took a while for me to actually process what was going on.

"Mom!" I yelled as she came running into the room flicking the light switch on.

She was temporarily living with me so she would be the one to help me with certain things and be the one to take me to the hospital when it was time.

"What's wrong?" She asked.

"My water broke." I said gripping my stomach hoping it would ease the contractions that I was experiencing.

"C'mon honey." My mother said trying to help me up from the bed. "We have to get you to the hospital."

"Can we please just wait a second?" I asked breathing deeply.

"We have to get you to the hospital as soon as possible, if we wait too long birth issues can occur. Trust me, I was in your shoes before."

I took a deep breath before standing up. That was when all the pain hit me and going down the steps to the garage was the worst.

Once we were in the car my mother sped off. My contractions were getting more and more intense by the second. A million thoughts ran through my head about the birth. What if something were to go wrong? What if it giving birth is worse than the contractions?

Once I was in a hospital bed the nurse gave me my IV and also gave me some pain medication that eased it a little.

"How're you feeling?" My mother asked.

"I'm really nervous."

"About what?"

"It's just that I don't know what to expect."

"Every bit of pain will be worth it once you meet Trent for the first time."

I smiled at the thought of having my own baby.

"Hello, I'm Doctor Baron and I work closely with Doctor Joseph and I'll be the one assisting you until it's time to give birth. So far, you are six centimeters dilated which isn't half bad. Once you reach ten centimeters it'll be time to deliver the baby and if you need any assistance I'm always one button away.

"Thank you." I said as she left. "Mom?"

"Yeah." She answered.

"Did you talk to Bryson?"

"I did, but he couldn't stay on the phone for long. He had a show to do."

I sighed deeply.

"Everything okay?" My mother asked.

"Yeah, I just really wanna get this over with, plus I'm exhausted."

"Alright Ms. Rayner. What we're going to give you is your epidural which will reduce the amount of pain you feel when you're in labor."

Once she stuck the needle in my spine, everything became hazy and I blacked out for a while, but then I woke up to someone tapping me.

"Ms. Rayner, can you hear me?" One of the nurses asked me as I nodded.

"It's time for the baby to be delivered after six hours of waiting for you to be dilated. Now please cooperate with us."

"Okay." I croaked.

"Now, 1... 2... 3... Push." She said as I did so every time.

All of it was wearing me out. This was the worst feeling I've ever felt.

"It's a boy!" Everyone chanted.

They cut the umbilical cord and wrapped him up in a blanket before handing him to me.

Tears automatically streamed down my face. He wouldn't open his eyes, but he sure did move around a lot like he did when he was in my stomach. I just couldn't believe that I carried this boy in my stomach for a while nine months, and now that he's here, I don't regret getting pregnant or regret going through all the pain I did.

I just couldn't wait to take him home and I couldn't wait for Bryson to come back home so we could be a happy family for once. Trent was only a minute old and I already couldn't get enough of him.

"Surprise, surprise." Someone said.

As I looked toward the door I seen Devvon, Lauren and Michael standing there.

"You know I just had to come by to see my best friend." Lauren said coming over to hug me.

"Aww, oh my god." She said in shock glancing at Trent. "He's your twin Jai."

"I know." I said staring at him. "You wanna hold him?"

She nodded as I handed him to her.

"Aww Dev, I want a baby."

Devvon's facial expression was priceless.

"You ain't havin' no baby by me."

"Really Devvon? All the years we've been together. Don't you think it's time?"

"We got all our lives to have children. I'm tryna enjoy my 20's while I can."

"An engagement ring and a baby is way past overdue Devvon."

"I'm workin' on it, aight?"

She rolled her eyes turning away from him.

"He never likes to have conversations about settling down with me."

"Why you worried bout all that when you only twenty?"

"Well one day I do wanna be married and have kids."

"That day ain't gon be no time soon."

"Did you send Bryson a picture of him yet?" She asked ignoring his comment.

"Not yet. I know he's performing right now so he can't get to his phone anyway."

Michael leaned against the doorframe the whole entire time we were conversing. He knew how Bryson felt about him talking or even being near him, so I guess that kept him quiet. The last thing I needed was for the media to know about him being here.

After a couple more minutes of talking a posted a picture of Trent on Instagram that I took of him earlier and tagging Bryson in it too.

"Our new bundle of joy was only a minute old in this pic. On April 14th at 8:34 A.M weighing 6 pounds 9 ounces me and @BrysonTiller welcomed our son Trenton Bryson Anthony Tiller to the world. I swear I already love this boy to death 😩💕."