I.

Before you start reading please keep in mind: I do not own any rights to any songs quoted or used throughout this story as well as any pictures that will be used in this story, although I do own all rights to the storyline.

A/n: I know a lot of people enjoy this story, but as I writer I feel that this truly isn't my best work as it was my first book. January 31st, 2018, will mark two years of this book being out. Two years is a long span of time, and I can say that my writing has improved tremendously. Over these two years, I've tried to tweak some things to make this book as best as it can be. Please keep this in mind if you're reading and come over some negligible errors within this piece of writing. With that being said, enjoy! :)

~•*~•*~•*

Derby City Vertical - Derby city is another name for Louisville, Kentucky the hometown of Bryson Tiller. Vertical indicates "on the rise" or "come up".

~•*~•*~•*

Spring break. What do you think of when you hear this phrase? Fun and no school is what I think of, but what about when it's over?

I was just a ninth grader last year, and let's just say my first year of high school wasn't the best, and God knows that tenth grade hasn't been the best for me either...

"Jailee!"

"Yes mom." I replied getting a little annoyed.

My mother must've loved the taste of my name in her mouth, she couldn't stop saying it every five seconds.

"Carmin's here waiting for you!"

"I'll be down in a sec!" I yelled back to her.

Carmin was my best friend of twelve years. She lived down my block and always stopped by every school morning so we could walk together.

I was finished within a couple minutes grabbing my backpack and phone heading downstairs greeting Carmin.

"Have fun at school." My mother told us.

I don't think that's possible.

"Girl!" Carmin exclaimed giving me a huge hug.

It feels like we haven't seen each other in a long time since Carmin flew to the Panama for the break to visit her mother's side of the family.

"How was your break?" She asked me.

"Boring because I wasn't with my best friend."

She laughed as we reached the end of the block.

"We can make up for that this weekend."

"How was Panama?" I asked her.

"We went water skiing and I got to meet my cousins I haven't seen since I was six, it was lit."

She explained as we crossed the street to our school that was crowded outside with a whole bunch of teenagers.

"Cute boy alert!" Carmin exclaimed.