XXIV.

"Merry Christmas!" My eyes fluttered open to a bright light shining in my face.

"Goddamn Bryson." I said putting my hand in front of the phone camera.

"Just somethin' to wake you up." He smiled.

"This early?!"

"So you wanna hear Harley whine all morning about wantin' to open her presents?"

"Just give me a second." I said getting out of the bed going to the bathroom brushing my teeth and brushing my now messy hair into a bun.

After I was finished I headed to the living room where Harley and Bryson were sitting on the floor by the Christmas tree. I took a seat in between Bryson's legs watching Harley open the dozens of presents she had.

"Thank you daddy!" Harley said wrapping her arms around Bryson's neck hugging him and giving him a kiss on the cheek as she started playing with some of the toys.

"Okay, I wanna give you your gifts first." I said standing up picking up a couple presents from under the tree handing them to him.

He unwrapped the first one revealing a baseball tee that said Pen Griffey.

He stared it down for a while.

"You like it?" I asked.

"This shit tough. Imma make sure I wear it during my tour." He said starting to open the other presents which consisted of a Michael Kors watch, Givenchy cologne and a whole bunch of assorted chocolates.

His presents weren't cheap though, but since my overtime checks were coming in, it wasn't a problem.

"Thank you baby." He said pecking me on the lips. "But you ain't ready for what I'm boutta give you." He said handing me lots of presents from under the tree.

"You know I always gotta do it big for my baby." He said causing me to smile really hard.

Unwrapping the first present it was a pair of red bottom heels, something I knew I couldn't afford.

Continuing on with the other presents I got tons of clothes since Bryson informed me that he went Christmas shopping with Carmin since she knew what I liked. I got a whole bunch of perfume sets too and my favorite candies too.

"I know this may be a lil too early for this, but you know how imma be on tour soon and I'm not gonna be here as much, so here." He said handing me another present.

Bryson and I have had various discussions about our child and how he more than likely wouldn't be here for the birth of the child or the baby shower. Unwrapping the present it was a whole basket full of baby shampoo, lotions, diapers and washcloths.

"I just wanted to make sure you had somethin' to start off with the baby."

"Thanks boo." I said standing on my tippy toes in order to kiss him.

I headed back to the bedroom putting everything in my closet when Bryson phone started to vibrate against the nightstand.

Why was his phone on vibrate?

I stared at it contemplating if I should go see who it was.

No... I trust Bryson... But his business is my business.

I walked over to the dresser moving my hand to grab it, but someone else's hand did before I could. Turning around, it was Bryson.

"Ever heard of privacy?" He said snatching the phone away.

"Why would you need privacy if you're not hiding anything from me?"

"Why does it matter who calls me if you trust me?"

"C'mon Bryson. You can't blame me for having doubts when you have all these females after you and your baby mama's tryna sabotage us."

"Listen, Jailee. I ain't down for arguing over bullshit on Christmas."

"I don't care what fuckin' day it is Bryson!" I snapped. "If you're cheating on me with someone or lying about something, you need to tell me now Bryson." I said trying to calm myself down.

"I ain't fuckin' nobody else but you!" He yelled back.

"And how the hell am I supposed to know that when you've become so secretive about everything you do!"

"I'm done with this Jailee." He said exiting the room.

If he didn't wanna tell me anything, it was okay because I had a way of finding out what he was really doing.

I closed the bedroom door locking it sitting on the bed scrolling to my contacts before calling McNeil, Bryson's producer. He would know whether or not Bryson's been in the studio as long as he claimed he has.

"RCA records. McNeil speaking."

"Hey McNeil. This is Jailee."

"What's good?"

"I just wanted to know if Bryson's been in the studio for the past couple days."

"Yeah, lil nigga been comin' here almost every night to lay down some verses."

"Okay, thank you."

"No prob." He said as we hung up.

I sighed.

Maybe I was overreacting about this situation. I just wanted to make sure me and Bryson's relationship remains strong, especially since we were bringing a child into the world and if we were to separate, it would be even harder to raise a child with Bryson's type of career.

I got in the shower and got dressed before walking into the living room where Bryson was.

I was going over to Carmin's house since it's been a while since we've actually seen each other in person.

"Bryson I'm going to Carmin's." I told him but he didn't reply.

Okay, I see what he was doing. It was okay if he wanted to be petty.

"Bryson." I said once again, but he continued to scroll through his phone.

I wasn't gonna let him get to me right now.

I walked up a long flight of steps before reaching Carmin's apartment door.

"Jai!"  She greeted opening the door. "You went M.I.A on me."

"Yeah..." I trailed off as I stepped inside following her into the bedroom where Vera was laying on the bed watching an episode of Team Umizoomi.

"Oh my god." I said looking at her. "She's gotten so much bigger and it hasn't even been that long."

"She goes through bottles like crazy."

"Can I hold her?" I asked as Carmin nodded.

"She has your father's eyes." I told Carmin as I stared into her grey eyes.

"You're happy to be having a baby now?"

"Yeah, I am." I said staring down at Vera.

"After you have a child, your life is basically all about changing diapers and making bottles."

"Does she cry a lot?" I asked.

"Barely." She replied. "Only when she has a full diaper or needs a bottle. Overall, she's a good baby. Couldn't have asked for anything better."

Looking at Carmin's baby made me more anticipated to have one of my own soon, but ever since I've become pregnant Bryson and I have been getting into it lately, mostly over the dumbest things. I was tired of all the childish stuff.

Once you have a child your life is changed forever. Sometimes I wonder... Are Bryson and I ready for that change?