XXI.

"No daddy! Mine goes in front of the tree!" Harley whined.

She'd just gotten home from pre-school
where she finished making an ornament to put on the Christmas tree. Christmas was gonna be here in a matter of ten days. (Me and Harley've been counting down.) I planned on spending Christmas with Harley and Bryson, my two favorite people.

"You wanna help put the angel on top?" He asked Harley.

"Yes!" She said as she sprung up from my lap as Bryson picked her up lifting her up high enough so she could reach the top of the tree.

"We finished." He said as he stood back admiring the tree.

"Damn." I mumbled to myself clenching my stomach.

For the past week or so, I've been having cramps which is usually a indication that my period was coming, but nothing ever came. It wasn't unusual for my period to skip a month, or for it to be irregular, but this was something that never happened to me before.

I went to the bedroom where I made an appointment with my gynecologist for tomorrow afternoon just to find out what was going on.

I grabbed my phone off of the nightstand texting Lauren. I've gotten very close to Lauren every since we went out together that night. As for me and Carmin, I haven't seen her since and I couldn't be happier.

"Weirdest thing is happening to me!!!"

"What?!"
-Laurieee 💘

"I've been getting cramps for the longest but no period. Any ideas what this is???"

"Is pregnancy an option?"
-Laurieee 💘

"No..."

"Don't you and Bryson have sex... Like a lot?"
-Laurieee 💘

"Yes..."

"Did you guys ever use condoms or did he ever pull out?"
-Laurieee 💘

That's when it hit me. All the times we've had sex, I never remembered Bryson putting a condom on. And him pulling out was out of the question. His pull out game was ass, but he did do it once every five times.

"No..."

"There you go."
-Laurieee 💘

"But we don't know for sure."

"You're just in denial. There's a good chance you are, but I ain't no doctor."
-Laurieee 💘

If I was pregnant it wouldn't be an issue for me, but I still felt that this wasn't the right time to have a child. Especially since Bryson's career was just taking off and he already had enough weight on his shoulders dealing with Harley. Plus, he would be gone for months at a time during his tour.

"Thanks bestie 💙💍"

"Anytime babe 😘"
-Laurieee 💘

I laid across the bed scrolling through my Instagram feed when I stumbled across something that caught my attention on Carmin's page. Even though I haven't socialized with her in a while, I still wanted to make sure she was okay.

 Even though I haven't socialized with her in a while, I still wanted to make sure she was okay

The caption was : "My miracle baby born two months early. The doctors didn't think she was going to make it but she stayed strong for her mommy and daddy! Now, my baby Vera Katrina Haden is born on December 15th weighing in at 4 pounds 5 ounces."

My first instinct was to call Carmin. I thought I would've been the first person to know about this before Instagram.

"Hello?" She picked up.

"Carmin?!"

"You finally decided to call, but you don't have to worry about me. You can talk to Lauren if you want."

"I just wanted to congratulate you, I seen your post on Instagram."

"Oh." She simply replied.

Someone's salty.

"Is Derek there?" I asked.

"Nope."

"Wait. Why?!"

"He's not answering his calls or anything he's never even came to any of the doctor's appointments, but my parents just left."

"Are you mad about him not coming?"

"It's not a surprise to me for him not coming, but it's whatever. He got someone else pregnant."

"Really?!"

"Yup, but as long as I have my baby I'm happy regardless of who he fucks around with. At this point, I don't care."

"So are you gonna divorce him?"

"You know I can't do that Jailee."

"You have every reason to!" I retorted.

"I haven't talked to him since our wedding so I guess he's done with me now."

"You seem so calm about it though."

"It's just because I expect this type of behavior from him. Nothing's new."

"Do you understand what you've gotten yourself into?!" I scolded.

"I know, I know. I don't need a whole lecture from you again."

"She looks just like Derek." I said trying to avoid the subject.

"Ugh, don't remind me. My parents said the same."

"Does Derek even know you had the baby?"

"More than likely. I bet he doesn't care anyway, that's just the type of fuckboy he is. He's with some other girl now."

"Who?" I asked.

"Her name's Leia. She's darkskin and she's a college student, she's really pretty though I'm not gonna lie."

"Carmin... My cousin's name is Leia."

"You sure?"

"I'm positive. My mother's sister's daughter is named Leia and she fits the description you just gave me."

"Well you better warn her about him. Nigga has six kids already, not including Vera and I'm just now finding out."

"I don't have her number though."

I wasn't worried about Leia dating Derek though. She was a smart girl with common sense, the department Carmin lacked in.

"You want me to come by?" I suggested.

"No... I just wanna be alone right now. Nothing personal, I just need time to myself to soak everything in."

"I'll talk to you later, okay?"

"Yeah." She said as we hung up.