XXV.

Bryson and I shot each other death glares from across the dining table.

"Harley, tell your father to pass me the syrup." I said.

We still weren't talking to each other and its been two weeks. We'd just move into our new house and we still had a lot to renovate. That was gonna be hard if me and Bryson weren't on good terms right now.

"Harley, tell Jailee to reach her lazy ass over the table and get it herself."

"Harley, tell your father to stop being a dickhead and hand me the syrup like a real man would do for his lady."

"Stop actin' like you can't talk to me Jailee and just fuckin' talk to me."

"Harley, tell your father that I'm giving him the same treatment he was giving me. He's the one that's wrong and he should apologize."

"Fuck outta here! If it wasn't for you been nosey all up in my shit we wouldn't have this problem!" He said raising his voice.

"You're the wrong one."

"Harley, who do you think is right. Me or Jailee?"

"My teacher always tells me to treat people the way you want to be treated, and that's what Jailee did to you. I think Jailee's right."

"I'm tired of this childish ass shit." Bryson said leaving the table.

"Jailee?" Harley said.

"Yeah?" I replied continuing to eat my breakfast.

"Why are you and daddy always yelling at each other?"

"I just don't know. We don't get along as well as we used to before..." I sighed getting up from the table.

Bryson and I were hanging off of a little thread at this point. I hate to say this, but Bryson and I were on the verge of calling it quits at this point.

I walked towards the bedroom and as I beard closer to it I could hear Bryson's cell phone conversation.

"She just buggin' right mow... Yeah baby... Hell yeah I wanna do that to you..." He said licking his lips. "Jailee ain't been wanting to do freaky shit ever since she got pregnant... You're just what I need right now." He smiled.

I couldn't stand to hear anymore. I ran to one of the spare bedrooms locking the door burying myself under the covers letting all the emotions I've been packing inside roam free through my tears.

"Jailee?" Bryson said knocking on the door but I didn't respond. "I'm leaving out."

"Go ahead and fuck that bitch." I mumbled into the blanket so he couldn't hear me.

Once I heard the front door shut I went into our bedroom sitting on the edge of the bed crying my heart out.

The feelings I had for Bryson couldn't be replaced by any other man. As much as I hated to do it, I had to break up with him and be forced to take care of our child myself.

Lord... Why did I have to turn into Carmin?

I thought making me cry even harder. I felt a soft little hand brush up against my cheek.

"Don't cry Jailee." Harley told me. "I'll make sure to have a long talk with daddy about this when he gets back." And to think that this girl is only four years old.

"Thanks baby girl." I said sitting her on my lap sniffling. "But I don't think there's any fixing this."

She used the sleeve of her pajamas to wipe away my tears.

"Are you and daddy splitting up?" She asked.

"I think we just need some distance for a while."

"What about that?" She asked pointing down to my stomach.

"The baby?" I asked.

"Yeah, what's gonna happen to it once you and daddy leave."

"I don't know, Harley."

"When my mommy and daddy separated I cried. I don't want him to cry like I did."

"Him?" I questioned.

"Yes, it's gonna be a boy. I feel like it is. That's what daddy wants anyway."

"We won't know for sure until a little while." I told her.

"I hope you and daddy get married and have more children and then we can all be happy." She smiled.

"I want that too Harley, but it's not that simple. Your father will be going away for eight months soon."

"At least I'll have you, Jailee."

"Yeah..."

Even though Harley wasn't my child I loved her like she was my own. I fell in love with this little girl. She could always brighten my day and take my mind of off anything that was troubling me.

Once midnight came I was in the living room watching one of my lifetime movies when Bryson finally decided to come home.

He walked passed the living room even thought I knew he knew I was in here.

Fuck him too.

"Bryson!" I called him.

"What the fuck you want man!" He complained.

I walked into the bedroom where he was taking off his coat hanging it up in the closet.

"I think it would be best if we took a break." I told him.

"Okay." He simply replied as if he didn't care.

I expected another argue, but that was fine. He could act like that if he wanted to.

I shook it off changing my clothes and climbing into bed with him. Usually we would be cuddled up next to each other, but tonight that wasn't the case. Our backs were turned to each other and we fell asleep just like that.