XLVIII.

The big day has finally come. Today, I will no longer be not-yet-married, or engaged.

This morning, Bryson and I prayed about what we want out of our marriage. We have specific hope filled dreams for the future and are now officially ready to give ourselves to one another day after day until death do us part.

My house was full of family
members and other people I hired helping helping me prep for today. The females would be getting ready here while the males, including Bryson would be getting ready over at Lauren's. Once we were all done, we would all meet up at the chapel.

"Now just close your eyes honey." Trichinae instructed as she applied my eyeshadow.

Trichinae was a cosmetologist who Lauren recommended, and who I hired to do my hair and makeup today.

"Jai, the guys wanna know if you're ready to leave." Lauren informed me.

"Why?" I asked.

"They said they're already dressed and ready to leave."

"Tell them to just give me thirty minutes." I sighed.

"Alright." She replied.

In just a little over forty minutes everything was done and we told the guys that it was okay for them to leave now once we all got into the limo.

"How you feel Jai?" Lauren asked me.

"I really can't explain it. I'm sort of nervous, scared and excited all at the same time."

"Don't worry sis, you'll slay like always." Naomi complimented.

"Thanks, but it's so hard to stop my heart from racing."

"Weddings are overrated." Carmin commented rolling her eyes continuing to scroll through her phone.

"Just because your marriage was shitty doesn't mean you have to be such a bitch about Jailee's." Lauren said.

"Um what this hoe just say to me?" Carmin shot back.

"I'm the hoe? Oh okay, I'll just sit back and watch how many niggas you sleep with while your 'husband' runs around doing god knows what while your daughter is just caught all up in the middle of it, then we'll see who's really the hoe then."

"Guys, not today. Please." I begged.

"Really? Cause I have a lot to say about Devvon."

"What about Devvon?" Lauren laughed. "I find it funny how you wanna bring up people's boyfriends, especially Devvon. He knows better then to fuck around while he's with me. So what were you gonna tell me? Probably that you fucked him too?"

"No, I actually wasn't." Carmin replied.

"I wouldn't be surprised though, who hasn't slept with you?"

"Guys!" I said raising my voice. "Not today! Can you guys get along for once, just for today. That's all I'm asking."

"Fine." They both agreed while making occasional death glares at each other while I scrolled down my Instagram feed noticing a picture of Bryson captioned: