XXVII.

"I know these other niggas thirsty, but please never entertain em 'cause that would hurt me."

~•*~•*~•*

"Michael just texted me telling me he's running late." Lauren told me.

"You're not slick Lauren."

"What?" She asked looking confused, but I knew that she knew exactly what I was talking about. She invited me to the movies with her, Devvon and Devvon's friend Michael.

"You're setting me up." I straight out told her.

"Let's face it." She started. "You've been sad for weeks and maybe Michael can bring some good into your life."

"Lauren, I've given up on relationships. Nobody would want to date me and be stuck with my child."

"But Michael's interested. I told him about your whole situation and he's very accepting."

"I swear Lauren if he's ugly—"

"He's not. Just your type." She smirked.

We found the theatre we were supposed to be in and watched the half hour long previews before the movie.

As the opening credits were playing a tall figure approached us dapping Devvon up and giving Lauren a hug.

He sat next to me getting settled into his seat.

"Aye, I'm Michael." He said facing me, but since the theatre was dark I couldn't see his facial features.

"I'm Jailee." I told him as we both gave our full attention to the movie.

During the movie, I would occasionally glance at him wondering what he looked like.

Hopefully, he would have that perfect jawline, plump lips and most importantly, a nice body.

Once the movie was over and the lights came on I got to study all of his features. He was tall and darkskin, just my type.

Lord. You know just what I like.

"Lauren showed me pics, but she ain't tell me you looked this good." He complimented me as we exited from the movie theatre.

"Thank you." I blushed.

"Whatever nigga you was with befo' must've been blind 'cause if you was mine, I wouldn't even think about cheatin' on ya."

"Once I got pregnant, I was never in the mood to have sex, so he got that from other bitches. But I'm over that now."

"So, you gotta number or sum'?" He asked.

"Yeah." I said as we exchanged phones putting in each other's numbers.

"You gon hit me up sometime soon?" He asked me.

"Most definitely, if I'm not busy or anything."

"Aight." He said as we shared a hug and I went searching for Lauren and Devvon, so I could say bye to them afterwards.

I found them hugged up on each other by the movie theatre.

Goals.

I thought.

I decided not to be a cock blocker and interrupt their moment together.

I headed home and was greeted by Bella's barking as soon as I unlocked the door.

Ever since I've gotten pregnant, I haven't been showing Bella as much attention as I used to before.

"Hey girl." I said in a doggy voice petting her stomach.

I headed to the bedroom so find Bryson stretched out all over the bed.

I didn't even make eye contact with him, I proceeded to taking off my shoes and my jacket. 

"Where you been?" He asked me.

"Does it matter?"

"It do if you gon be comin' home late and we livin' in the same house."

"You can't be serious Bryson." I rolled my eyes. "You should really be the last one talking about coming home late. Sometimes, you don't come home at all."

"You was out with anther nigga?" He asked.

"And if I was? At least I'm not fucking bitches every night and coming home every five weeks."

"You buggin' about all this."

"How?"

"Why do it matter if I'm fucking other bitches and we not together."

"Why does it matter if I was out with another nigga?"

"I didn't say it mattered, I was just askin' and you always make a big deal out of nothin'."

"Bryson, it's a Friday night, I'm tired and I really don't feel like arguing right now."

"Aight. We don't gotta argue." He said getting up putting his jacket on.

"You really think you're hurting me Bryson." I laughed. "Go out and do what you do best. I hope you catch something." I sarcastically smiled.

"I hope that nigga you dealin' with fucks you then leave yo ass."

"Who said I was dealing with a nigga? Now your just assuming shit. The last thing on my mind is getting into a relationship, I'm worried about becoming a mother, unlike other females."

"Ion even care about us anymore." He mumbled.

"Good, because I feel the same exact way." I spat.

With that, he left the room and I heard the front door slam.

I hated arguing with Bryson, but now I wouldn't have to worry about it anymore. He wouldn't be back any time soon. My feelings for Bryson were slowly going away. Very slowly. But they were still there, and it would be a whole before they were completely gone. That is, if it was possible for all of them to fade away.

~•*~•*~•*

Michael in MM