XLVI.

"Thanks for keeping me company, Michael." I said to him from the bedroom to the bathroom where he was.

"No problem." He said walking into the
room shirtless.

This boy is really making it hard for me to break up with him. He was really attractive, but my feeling for him just weren't there. They were with Bryson.

"You okay?" He said snapping me out of my daydream thinking about his body.

"Yeah I'm just a little agitated I guess."

He came closer to me bending down to my level since I was sitting on the bed. He moved his face closer to mine trying to kiss me, but I moved my face away before our lips could touch.

"What's the problem?" He asked.

This was the perfect time to break it to him.

"I just feel like we weren't working out, Michael. I feel like we're better off as friends."

As soon as I said that his facial expression completely changed. It was such a drastic change that you could see the fury in his eyes.

"All the shit I did for your ass and you do this shit to me? No warning or anything, just outta the blue."

"We can still be friends Michael. It's okay." I said slowly backing up but he quickly grabbed my leg so I couldn't move away.

"I feel like there's something more to this story then what you're telling me."

"I'm not lying to you about anything. Please just let me go Michael. You're scaring me." I said trying to wiggle my leg out of his grip but it just wouldn't work.

My phone started ringing off the hook about five times. Even though I couldn't see the caller ID since it was sitting on the dresser ok the other side of the room I knew exactly who it was since the ringtone was Fabolous' "So Into You" ft Tamia.

"You think you can just dog a nigga like that?"

"I wasn't trying to disrespect you, I swear."

"Nah, sorry ain't gon help shit." He said starting to unbutton my pants.

What happened to the sweet Michael who barely talked to me? The one who had feeling for me and cared so much for me. How could he be doing this to me?

He started unbuttoning his too and taking off my shirt leaving us in only our undergarments.

"You don't have to do the Michael." I said with tears streaming down my face as he held my hands down.

Seconds later we heard the door open and then slam shut. I don't remember anyone locking it when we came in either.

"Jailee!" A voice called.

I recognized that voice anywhere.

"Help!" I said screaming to the top of my lungs.

"Shut up bitch." Michael said slapping me.

We heard footsteps coming up the steps coming towards the room. Michael instructed me to be quiet as I did so. I had no idea what he was capable of at this point.

"Bryson." I said sighing in relief as he appeared outside the doorframe.

"Ayo man let her go. I don't know what the fuck is going through your head right now but you need to chill man." Bryson said trying to talk Michael out of it.

"What you gon do pussy boy?"

Things escalated so quickly. The last thing I recall is seeing Bryson grab the lamp off of my nightstand and hitting Michael over the head with it. Next thing I knew, Michael was on the floor with blood pouring from his neck and head.

I was still on the bed traumatized by the events that just occurred before my eyes. The first thing I wondered after that was if Bryson killed Michael.

Bryson bent down checking his pulse after he called the cops. It was like he read my mind.

"He's fine don't worry about it Jailee."

I got off the bed giving Bryson the biggest hug ever.

"I love you so much, Bryson. I really mean it." I said in a muffled tone against his shoulder.

"I love you too." He replied.

"Why were you here anyway?" I asked.

"I wanted to make up with you so I came her to talk about it."

"I'm glad you came when you did." I said hugging him again.

"We back together?" He asked.

"Of course. I know we've been through this many times, but this time I really wanna start new."

"I do too, and this time I really mean it. No bs Jai, I promise you that and once all this mess clears up imma marry you."

"You mean that?"

"I said I wanted to start fresh, so I ain't tellin' no lies. So here." He said pulling the engagement ring out of his pants pocket and slipping it onto my finger once again.

"Why do you have this with you?"

"I never left the house with out it since we broke up. It was the only thing I had left of you."

I pulled his face close to mine kissing him. Something that I missed most about him.

When the police arrived we told them the whole story and they rushed Michael to the hospital for treatment. When Lauren and Devvon got home they were just as surprised as we were at the news.

We were held at the police station for the rest of the day while Lauren and Devvon watched Trent again. When our story checked out they allowed us to go home. Despite almost being raped, I was the happiest girl alive right now.

"You wanna look at a couple places for the wedding tomorrow?" Bryson asked me as we drove home home and I quickly nodded.

"I really think we can do better this time."

"I think we can too." He agreed.

"I can't wait to get married to you and maybe we can have more children."

"Whoa Jai, slow down one child at a time Trent's barley three months old."

"Today was just really crazy for me." I said.

"You don't gotta worry about getting a job baby. I'll support you."

"That's sweet of you babe, but I dot wanna rely on you for everything."

"Okay Ms. Independent." He said as we both laughed.

Later on, we found out that Michael would be going on trial for attempted rape. It gave me some relief that he would more than likely be behind bars for a couple years. When we released the wedding need to the public fans were tagging us in pictures of ourselves hashtagging them: Brailee which was a combination of our two names. After all the stuff Bryson and I have been through I think this is finally our time to settle down and be happy.