II.

"Mom!" I yelled searching through the house for her.

"In here!" She yelled from the kitchen.

"I'm about to leave." I told her as I put my light jacket on.

"Without Carmin?"

"She texted me, she's on her way."

"Oh okay." She replied.

"And I'll be having someone over to work on a project today." I told her.

Since Thrusday is her off day and I didn't want her to be surprised when I brought Bryson home.

"That's fine." She replied as I walked out on the porch to greet Carmin who was grinning from ear to ear.

"I can't believe you got his number the first day! God is gonna put you guys together for sure!" She squealed.

"Well, we don't actually text it's just for our project."

"Just give it time, I'm sure he'll casually text you. You're the only one that he actually knows at the school. After a while, he'll start to trust you and then from there you guys are together forever!" She fantasized.

"Jailee!" A familiar voice called.

Me and Carmin looked at each other almost reading each other's minds.

Lexi.

The most popular thot of all the thots in the school. She was a senior which was good for me and Carmin. She would be gone by the end of this year, if she wasn't dumb enough to stay back.

"I heard Bryson came to your house yesterday." She said.

Things spread really fast in high school.

"And?" Carmin stepped in.

She looked Carmin up and down.

"This was a conversation between me and Jailee if you don't mind." She snapped. "We wouldn't want Mrs. Azevedo knowing about all the guys you gave it to your freshman and sophomore year, now would we?"

Trust me, Lexi was the last person you would wanna have problems with, she had connections with almost everyone, so it was smart of Carmin to just step away.

"Well, I just wanted you to know that Bryson is wrapped around my finger now." She smirked.

"How? When his first day was yesterday?"

I just couldn't believe anything she said.

"Apparently, you don't understand the difference between being a sophomore and a senior. It doesn't matter how I got him sprung over me in a day. The point is, you little sophomore's will stay away from the senior boys, including Bryson, if you're smart enough. Me and Bryson have been talking lately and the last thing I would want is a fourteen year old stepping in--"

"I'm sixteen." I cut her off.

"Same thing." She shrugged it off. "I bet you by today I can have Bryson all to myself just in time for prom. Basically, all I'm saying is stay away and we won't have any issues." She said strutting away.

"I know what we can do Jai. We gotta beat the shit out this bitch till all the botox come out her face."

"As much as I wanna hit her that's only gonna make matters worse." I sighed.

"Well you can't let her punk you like that."

"She did it all year last year, I'm used to it."

"You black ain't you? Throw some motherfuckin' hands!" Carmin yelled.