XXXII.

"Get the door Bryson!" I yelled.

I was setting up the tables for the baby shower today.

The doorbell rung again.

"Bryson!" I shouted walking into the living room where Bryson and Harley were versing against each other in Mortal Combat.

Bryson was a video game freak. 

"Huh?" He asked not taking his eyes off of the screen.

"Didn't you hear me?"

"Yeah, just give me a second." He said still focused on the TV.

Whenever he says that, it never gets done.

"Never mind, I'll just have to get it."

Opening the door, I was greeted by Lauren. The baby shower would start in an hour and Lauren volunteered to come early to help.

"What job do you have assigned for me?" She asked as she stepped into the house.

"You can put the chairs to the tables in the backyard."

"Bryson isn't helping?" She asked.

"You know how lazy he is, especially when he's glued to a game."

"That is Bryson." She chuckled. "I'll get started."

As Lauren went outside I proceeded to setting up all the food when I felt a pair of arms snake around my waist.

"Harley beat my ass twice." Bryson told me.

"Maybe you need to step your game up." I laughed.

"My dick game A1 though."

"Your pullout game sure isn't."

"But you still be screamin' in the bedroom, so I am doin' somethin' right."

"Daddy." Harley called standing next to the doorframe.

Bryson and I were so deep into our conversation that we didn't even notice she was standing there the whole time.

"You gotta watch what you say around her." I told Bryson.

"It's nothin' she's never heard before, she's with her mother most of the time."

I shook my head. I did believe it though.

"Lemme know when the food's ready."

"I know that's all your greedy ass is worried about." I mumbled.

"Stop talkin' shit." He retorted.

I chuckled at the fact that he heard me.

Forty-five minutes later, everything was set up and ready with some time to spare snd guests were already starting to show up.

"Jai babe!" Leia squealed hugging me. "I haven't seen you since thanksgiving. How's everything?"

"Everything's good. I'm just always feeling tired from the pregnancy." I replied. "Is Aunt Wanda and grandpa here?"

"Yeah, they're just getting out the car. You know how old they are, it's hard for them to get around."

"Jailee!" My aunt called trudging up the front steps with my grandfather following behind.