XLII.

I was up all night waiting for Bryson to come from the studio. It was nearing 1 A.M, but I wasn't worried. This wasn't anything new. There would be times when Bryson would stay the night over there. I was sitting there bored, yawning every five minutes. I was already caught up with all my shows and there was no one to text or call. When I just couldn't fight my sleep anymore, I drifted off into a deep sleep.

Waking up the next day, at twelve o'clock in the afternoon to be exact, I had several missed calls from Lauren. I immediately called her back as soon as I could, just in case she had some type of emergency.

"Hello?! Jai?!" Her voice spoke.

"Yeah, you okay?" I asked.

"Yeah I'm fine, but I just really need to give you a heads up for when you return to work in a couple weeks."

"What's going on?"

"We have a new boss, and he's an asshole for real, Jai."

"How?"

"Ugh... I don't even know where to start. He just expects us to be there exactly on time. Even if you're a minute late he bitches about it. He gives us way more work while he just sits back and relaxes. I was hoping you could talk to you father about it."

"You know me and my father aren't on the best of terms." I sighed.

"Still? How long has it been, Jai?"

"I'd say about a year. Once he finds out that Bryson and I are engaged, that's gonna spark way more problems."

"Eventually, when he realizes that you're going to be with Bryson for the rest of your life, he's just gonna have to accept it whether he likes it or not."

"I hope you're right."

"Just keep an eye out for him when you go back to work, but I'll talk to you later since I know you have that interview today."

"Oh god. I completely forgot all about that." I groaned.

"Well, good luck Jai." She said before we hung up.

I went to the living room where Bryson was feeding Trent a bottle while having his eyes glued to the TV at the same time. I always got turned Bryson tended to his daddy duties even though he doesn't do it as often as he should.

"You came home late tomorrow. I thought you promised you would be home early." I confronted him drawing his attention away from the TV.

"Me and Drake just got too into the song and we decided to keep going while we had the vibe going. We almost halfway through. Don't worry though Jai, I'll be in that pussy tonight though." He winked.

Not even sex with Bryson could change how I was feeling right now. Well, maybe it could since his dick is just too bomb, but the point is that I don't like how work always has to come before me and his kids. Sometimes, I just feel stuck in the middle of it all.

I got dressed and ready for the interview. Once my mother came to watch Harley and Trent, Bryson and I were on our way.

I was really silent during the car ride just scrolling through my phone.

"You mad about somethin'?" He asked.

"No." I simply replied.

"C'mon Jai, I know you, and I know when you're pissed."

"Maybe I don't wanna say because I don't want to argue with you."

"Aight, just tell me. I promise I won't start with you."

"Well for one I hate how you don't value my opinion and how I don't have a say in things. I hate how much you're away from me and the kids. I hate how you make promises that you don't keep. I hate how much we argue."

He stayed silent keeping his eyes on the road.

"You have something to say, Bryson?"

"If I say somethin' we gon end up arguin', and I hate how much we agree as much as you do."

"I think we should start working on our relationship then. What do you say?"

"I agree."

"And in order to do that we have to see eye to eye from now on and cooperate. You agree to that too?"

"I do."

A couple minutes later we pulled up to the TMZ studio. My stomach churned. This was my first time feeling like this. I had no idea why I was so nervous.

"Bryson and Jailee?" A secretary lady asked.

"Yes." Bryson replied.

"Right this way." She said guiding us into a room. "You guys can have a sit here they'll be with you shortly, they're just wrapping up another segment."

"No problem." Bryson said.

I just sat there examining all the pictures hanging on the wall as well has the comfy red leather couch that we were sitting on.

"You good?" Bryson asked placing his hand on my thigh.

"Yes Bryson, I'm perfectly fine. Don't worry about me."

"Welcome to TMZ." A group of people said walking into the room.

"It's a pleasure to meet you both." A random guy said shaking our hands.

"Once we get the cameras rolling we'll be ready to go. When I ask you a question you just give an answer. It's as simple as that." He explained having a seat on the couch across from us as Bryson and I nodded our heads.

A couple of minutes later we were ready to being.

"So here we are with an exclusive interview with platinum selling artist Bryson Tiller and his wife-to-be Jailee Rayner." He said to the camera.

"Bryson's fanbase is eager to know more about his new son, so is there any details to spill Jailee?" One of the females asked.

"No not really. One thing I can say is that for the most part he's a pretty good baby and easy to handle." I replied.

"So now Bryson. How do you juggle having a family and having a career that requires you to travel a lot?" The guy asked.

"Whenever I make tour dates I consult them with Jailee first and we visually just see what works for us from there."

"This question is for Jailee." The female started. "How did you feel when you found out that Bryson cheated on you with his daughter's mother along with multiple other woman?"

"Excuse me?" I said raising my voice.

"Well the fans wanted to know."

"I refuse to answer."

"It would give the fans more closure--"

"Personal business stays between Bryson and I and nobody else. What happens between Bryson and I had nothing to do with his fans."

I was beyond heated now.

"I'm done with this!" I yelled stomping out the room.

Now Bryson knows why I stay away from the media...