More than meets the eye

That night Matthew left after a few more hours of watching movies with Tilly. Emily was in the other room unpacking for most of that time. She was so lost about Johnson and since she had been hurt before she thought it was her fault. She didn't want to hurt Jack. Especially because of how long she has been a fan of him. But after a few years it wasn't just a fan thing she loved him. She discovered his personality and fell in love a long time ago. 

Tilly walked into their shared bedroom(which was just two rooms connected by a bathroom) to find Emily laying on her bed staring at the ceiling cuddling her Winnie the Pooh stuffed animal. "Ems?" Tilly said walking over to lay on top of her best friend. 

"Yeah?" She said.

"Me and Matt talked about Johnson. He told me some stuff. I don't want you to think any of it is your fault." She smiled with some hope in her eyes. 

"What did Matt say?" Emily said looking up at her best friend.

"He said Jack has been hurt a lot in the past and is always afraid to hurt people the same way he has been. He cares about you so he got afraid. Don't be worried about it. I know you love that boy. But don't be afraid. You got his number didn't you?" 

"That's the thing. We have that exact thing in common. I wish he knew that. And yeah I did." Emily replied with a slight sigh. 

"So text the boy loser. What are you doing with your life laying here like this?" Tilly smacked her with a pillow and laughed. 

"Shut up. Girl I will fight you." Emily laughed back at her and hit her back. 

*Emily's POV* 

Tilly and Matt are so cute. Maybe that will be me and Johnson soon. I just wish he knew how I felt about it. Like oh my lord that boy. I love him so much. I always have. Maybe I should text him..

E: hey

J: hey there!

E: what's up?

J: just chilling at home, you?

E: samee. So can I ask what happened the other day?

J: I'm gonna be straight up. I really like you. Like I have never liked someone so fast before. When I look at you. I see happiness. I see beauty. I see everything I want. I just have been hurt so much I'm always afraid to hurt others. And I know that I'm a mess. I really am. I'm a mess and I can't put that on you. 

E: hey Jack ya know what?

J: what?

E: I have liked you for the longest time. And I'm a mess too. I really am. I have been through all the same shit. And you wouldn't be putting it on me. We would be putting it each other. 

J: thank you beautiful. But I just can't hurt you. I'm sorry.

E: who said you would?.. 

J: he did.

E: who is 'he'?.. 

J: long story not worth telling.. 

Emily opened the text but didn't respond not knowing what to say. She lay there with her best friend and watched movies all night. She tried to take her mind off of it but couldn't. She wanted to know this boy's story and was determined to find out..