Tillys Birthday (part 2)

Where am I? I ask myself as I look around at the big room. It contained a couch, a table with some snacks, a clothes rack and a mirror with a seat in front of it. I'm not in... Before I could finish my thought I was cut off by a nice voice.
"Hey.. Didn't I meet you earlier? The gorgeous girl? Yes, I did." It was Hoodie.
"Um I guess so. Listen I'm really sorry I got lost and-" he cut me off as I am frantic.
"Don't be. It's okay. Wanna hang out before I go on and then after maybe?" He smiles at me.
"No thank you. I really need to get back to my boyfriend." I felt the need to make it a point that Matt was my boyfriend.
"I should have known you would have a boyfriend. But you can't even hang for a little bit?" He frowned.
"Um I probably shouldn't." I say walking towards the door. From my knowledge as a respected fan, Hoodie was single. He hadn't had a girlfriend since he was super young and was only a few years older than me.
"It'll be okay." He smiled pulling me back towards him. He pointed me in the direction of the table full of food.
"Donuts! Yummy!" I say as he chuckles.
"I know right. Pretty sweet." He agrees taking one too.
He shows me around for about 10 minutes and I assume Matt is worried by now. I feel really bad but I am having a good time. Plus, I think it is cool that Hoodie Allen would actually want to be friends with me.
We sat down on the fancy couch in the midst of his huge room full of things and talked about his tour for a bit. I discussed LA and Emily, the changes since moving here, stuff like that.
"So did you read it?" He asks looking at me.
"Read what?" I question soon remember he gave me a piece of paper.
"The note?" He looked kind of disappointed I didn't know what he was talking about.
"Oh um yeahh.." I lied.
"And?"
"And what?" I ask confused.
"Ah forget it. I should've known." He looked sad.
"What's wrong?" I question scooting a bit closer to him.
"I should have known you wouldn't have wanted to go on a date with me. Plus you have Matt. He is a great guy." The words shock me and put a pit in my stomach. I love Matt. I felt the need to remind myself.
"Oh. Don't be sad." Is all I could say. My attempt at comforting him got confused and he leaned in trying to kiss me. I pulled away telling him to stop but before I could move the door opened.
"Tilly? What the hell?" I see the sadness in the now deep brown eyes. Fuck.
"Matt. It's not what it looks like. I was just... And then-" he cut me off sadly.
"Forget it." He walked away quickly throwing the VIP lanyard at Hoodie. I ran after him slightly pushing Hoodie to the side.
"Matt!! Wait!" I yell-cry.
"Matt please!" He continued walking. The stadium was huge but he was walking so fast. Almost running.
"I love you." I shout a bit quieter. I didn't think he could hear me but he quickly jolted around.
"You love me? You love me? Then why were you kissing him!?" His words cut me like a knife. He thinks I was cheating. Oh my god. How did I let it get this far?
"Yes I love you! I always have! I wasn't kissing him. He was trying to kiss me." I look down at my Vans trying not to see his sad eyes.
"I'll always love you Tilly Mae." He stares me straight in the face as a tear falls down his flushed cheeks.
"Matt don't go. Please. I need you. You're everything to me."
"And you're everything to me Rapunzel." He drifts off as he walks away and out of the building.
*Emily's POV*
It's only 3:30. Tilly and Matt are probably just now done with the meet and greet. We have plenty of time to set up.
Jack and I ride to the beach in his black Jeep with the top off.
We arrive at the beach and walk down the boardwalk and past the little food stands on the main part of it. We walked down and my strappy sandals allow sand to squish on my feet. My high neck yellow dress matched the sunflowers on them perfectly. My brown hair braided to the side swayed as the beach breeze blew by. Our hands were full as we started setting up. We started by setting up posts to hang little strings of lanterns in Tilly's favorite colors. Jack sets up a tables and places bottles of drinks on them.
We take a break from our work so far that is harder than it should be and sit in the sand a bit away from it.
"Think she'll like it?" Jack smiles grabbing my hand to hold it.
"Definitely. I hope her and Matt are having a good time." I smile back trying not to blush about him holding my hand.
We continue back at our work and set up a huge screen to do an outdoor movie. Jack sets up the screen as a I balance the projector properly. We had brought 'Tangled', 'Paper Towns' and 'The Fault in our Stars': Tilly's favorite movies.
*Matt's POV*
I walk down the street sadly. I wish I didn't have to do this to her, especially on her birthday but I couldn't find the heart to stay either. I love that girl so much. I would do anything for her. I kicked a rock on the sidewalk and continued sadly on my way. I took a step back turning around looking for her. Nothing. I follow the steps I have already taken going back to find her. I couldn't be this heartless to her on her birthday. No matter how heartbroken I am.
*Tillys POV*
My tears fell on my shirt that was stained in Matts cologne. I cried into my lap on the sidewalk as I cry harder at the smell of him. Why did I have to be so fucking stupid? Matt is the only one for me. And I fucking blew it. I became angry with myself and began walking down the street. Missing the concert didn't even cross my mind as all I could think of now was Matthew. His name made my heart skip a beat even. I thought of the good times we bad together since I had been out in LA and I became lost in my thoughts. He was the guy I had longed for forever and I threw it away to spend some time in a rapper's dressing room. I'm an idiot.
I continued staring at my shoes walking as I am too lost in my thoughts to notice anything around me. I hear a faint noise in the distance in my head. It's all my head. I shake it off but it gets louder. It is super loud now. A honking sound? I look up as a pickup truck heads towards me before I could move I am grabbed by my waist and pulled to the sidewalk. I am shocked and confused. My eyes are closed from fear and I feel strong arms wrap around me. I smell a familiar smell and I bury my head into his shirt.
"You're okay babe. I got you. I'm here." I hear him say holding my tighter. We remained sitting on the sidewalk for a few minutes. I take a deep breathe and Matt gets up then helps me up to my feet. I hop a bit considering his strength and my lightweight self.
My tears begin falling.
"Why would you even come here?" I question him through the crying sounding harsher than I wanted to.
"I love you. I promised I would always be there to protect you." I don't say anything just cry into his chest as his arms wrap around my waist.
"Didn't I?" My tears stained his Cologne covered shirt. I nod looking up at his eyes. They were still sad.
"I'm so sorry. I promise you it wasn't what it looked like. Im in love with you Matthew Lee Espinosa." hot tears fell down my cheeks as I tried to not look into his eyes. His soft hands tilted my head to look at him and he wiped my tears away as one fell from his eye. I wiped it away as well.
"It's gonna be okay birthday princess. I can't have you sad on your birthday." He smiled at me and I feel safe in his warm embrace. I nodded trying to breathe and smile but it was hard. I couldn't have the boy I was in love with thinking I am cheating.
"Matt?" I say trying to hold back the tears biting my lip.
"Tilly?" He says back. I could hear the heartbreak in his voice.
"I didn't ya know.. I only love you.. I just... Got lost.. And-" he grabbed my chin and kissed me softly but passionately.
"I know." He said. His voice less tense than before.
"Now let's get you home and continue the birthday fun!" Matt smiled then stopped quickly. "Wait! Let's go back into the show!"
We both laughed and went back into the show. I didn't think he would want to considering what happened but he acted as if he had to.
"Can we forget what happened? I mean. We don't have to go if you don't wanna." I mutter out before walking through the hall to the stadium.
"Babe. We are going. I am gonna make sure you have the best birthday ever." He smiled down at me and I took his hand and pulled him to our seats right in front of the stage. The show had already started and we walked in during the song 'Fame is for Assholes'. Bad title, great song really. I sang along to the lyrics as Matt stood up dancing along watching me.
Hoodie finished the song and jumped down in the crowd for a moment in front of the fence of course. I squealed and let out the fangirl side in front of Matt. He laughed at me as Hoodie thanked the crowd for being so hype and for coming. He moved on to his next song after jumping back on the stage. A tear fell from excitement and I couldn't hold it back. Matt cheered as well and I hugged him so tightly. I jumped up wrapping my legs around him and kissing his cheek.
"Thanks for taking me here." I whisper in his ear smiling. I jump down as Hoodie begins the song.
This is for my Instagram models. Eating up the cake watch it go right to your bottom. You should get a new job holla at McDonald's.
Matt laughed at how well I rapped along to it. When the chorus came along I was hype.
You ain't invited homie you can bake a cake, cake, cake, cake, cake, cake.
Matt knew it was my favorite song so he loved how much fun I was having. I watched Hoodie dance to the song and I saw Matt staring at me in the corner of my eye. I acted like I didn't see him looking and then surprised him with a jumping kiss on that sweet smile. He laughs and smiles down at me and continues jump-dancing to the music.
I click on my phone real quick as Hoodie takes a break at the side of the stage to get a drink. It reads 5:40. Dangit. I think the show is almost over.
"Matt what are we doing when we leave here?" I ask him smiling.
"Well. I am gonna take you to the beach for a date." He smiled down at me.
"Um can I change my outfit before because this just isn't gonna cut it." I laugh and he joins nodding.
"Okay cool." I say before the music began again. Hoodie did a few covers of other songs for the last part of the show. We sang along to a few of them.
The show ended with confetti cannons and fireworks. Literally. It was amazing!! At the end of the show Matt walked first pulling me behind him. We both picked out a tour shirt from the merch table and purchased them. His fingers intertwined with mine, we walked down the sidewalk to find Matts car.
"Thanks so much for taking me Matt!" I say happily as we walk down the sunny California sidewalk.
"Anything for my princess. Happy birthday baby girl." I died at that nickname and smiled as we continued to walk. We found the car and hopped in. Matt let me pick the music and I picked out 'History' by One Direction on my phone.
I sang along to the lyrics as I had my hands up dancing. Our windows were down and I felt the summer breeze. I was the happiest girl alive. After a few more songs we arrived at the apartments.
"Alright. It's about 6:30 now so should I shower and then you can come back or do you want to chill here?" I asked him walking inside.
"I have some extra clothes in my car so I will put those on and shower too if you don't mind." He smirked at me.
"Yeah sure no problem." He walked back outside to grab his clothes from his car as I grabbed my new romper I had gotten. I picked out some sandals to go with it and layed them out on my bed for after my shower.
I hopped into the shower and washed through my long hair with some watermelon scented shampoo. The warm water felt good after the concert.
After a quick 10 minute shower I got out and immediately plugged in my curling wand. My towel wrapped body was nice and warm in the bathroom so I didn't leave to see what Matt might be doing. I blow dryed my hair and began curling it. It took me about 15 minutes to curl it all and I was pleased with how it looked. I walked out my bathroom and into my bedroom but was tackled by someone playfully. I was now on the ground and Matt in a push-up position above me.
"Um can I help you?" I say trying not to laugh.
"Nope." He says crashing his lips against mine. His lips were warm and he was also in a towel. He must have used the guest bath.
His wet hair was sexy as fuck and couldn't help but play with it. We continued making out until his phone made a noise causing him to pull back. He went over to the table to get it and swiped it away quickly.
"Babeee. Come back." I whined to him still laying there in only my towel.
"We should go though." He smiled walking back over to me.
"Uh uh." I giggled not even realizing Em wasn't here. He came back over me in the same position and I pulled him down causing him to be on top of me. He laughed kissing my collarbone making me blush. I wrapped my legs around him causing him to smirk at me.
"Oh stop Espinosa." I laughed as he just stared at me.
"I can't help it. You're fucking beautiful." He smiled and I yanked his towel that was at his waist causing his 6-pack abs to be on top of me. I kissed him grabbing his jawline and I pulled back.
"Okay. Now we can go." I smiled at him in between a kiss.
"You drive me crazy." He breathed kissing me, "I can't stop adoring you."
I rolled him over and was now on top of him in a push-up position.
"Look who's down there now." I smiled laughing at him.
"Your laugh is my favorite thing in the world." He said smiling but was interrupted by his phone again. I stood up but he hopped in front of me to check it.
"Yeah we should go babe" he smiled walking into the other room probably to retrieve his clothes.
I shut the door behind him and slipped on my brand new peach romper. I love it oh my gosh. My curls fell down the lace back of it and I wrapped on my sandals.
"Ready to go?" I said walking out to see Matt in an adorable outfit. It was a simple with tee, with red shorts, Vans and a snapback. He made simple things look so sexy.
He smiled at me nodding.
"Damn you look perfect." He smiled at me up and down.
"Thank you." I blushed grabbing my phone and feeding Cleo on the way out.
We walked outside and continued down the sidewalk towards the beach. The beach we loved to go to was pretty close so we didn't feel the need to drive. We walked until we reached the boardwalk. I wanted to stop and eat but Matt said we had to go to a certain spot. I wondered where Ems was but maybe she knew where I was. I don't know. I continued on walking with Matt down the boardwalk until I saw bright orange and pink lanterns behind some palmtrees.
"What's over there?" I question looking up at Matt.
"I don't know. Go see." He smiled. And I walked over behind the trees down some wooden steps.
"Surprise!!" I hear people yell. I gasp in excitement covering my mouth. I look around to see Ems, Jack and Jack, Sealove, Amber, Nash, Gracie, Taylor, Cheyanne, Ethan, Sam, Cam,everyone.
"You guys! Oh my gosh! Thank you so much!" I say still surprised. Ems runs up hugging me.
"Surprise babe. Happy birthday!" She smiles.
"Thank you so much. I know you did this. You know me so well. I love you!" I gushed.
"I love you too babe! Now let's partay!" She says yelling as I laugh.
"Happy birthday Till!" Cheyanne runs up to me hugging me.
"Thank you lovely!" I say in return.
"What up girl! Happy birthday!"
"Thanks Gracie!" I laugh at her funny gesture and continue talking to everyone.
"Hey boo. You're so old now!" Sealove laughs.
"I know right." I agree smiling. Jack just stood there holding her hands. Oh they are so freaking cute! I love everyone they all make me so happy. Especially Matt.
I was dancing to One Direction and drinking some lemonade when Matt came up behind me grabbing my waist. I squeal happily ad he spins me around to kiss me.
"So babe." He starts after pulling away.
"Yesss" I smile up at him.
"Oh my god. You're so cute. Okay." He laughs at my response.
I turn around and look at the sunset as everyone is around having snacks and dancing.
"Woah." I say pausing still looking at it. Matt notices too and is standing behind me watching it.
"It's almost as beautiful as you." He says in awe. Before I could respond I feel something slip onto my neck. It's a necklace. A simple gold chain with a charm that says 'Mrs.'

"It's beautiful

"It's beautiful." I say kind of confused by the 'Mrs.' Part.
"The Mrs. signifies that one day you will be Mrs. Espinosa." He smiles at me and I die inside.
"I would love to be Mrs. Espinosa." I smile back as Jack turns on the projector to watch a movie. Emily has started a small bonfire also to the side.
We sat around the bonfire for a bit telling stories about fun times. Matt and I talked about the concert and Jack and Jack discussed touring and things.
We put the fire out and decided to watch Paper Towns. I layed in Matts arms with Ems and Jack beside us doing the same. Gilinsky was singing to Sealove sweetly by the water while Cheyanne and Ethan were pennyboarding at the boardwalk above. I glanced over to see Amber and Nash having a what seemed like very deep conversation and Gracie and Taylor at the snack table feeding each other.
"This really was the best birthday ever." I say watching the movie kissing Matts cheek and reaching out to hold Em's hand.
"Thanks for everything guys." I continued smiling at my best friends.
"We love you babe. I'm glad it was amazing." Ems smiled at me along with Jack. Matt just kissing my cheek.
This really was the best birthday ever.