The Best of Friends

One day Emily came home from school. That day so much happened she could not even put it into words. She was caught up in drama and fighting with some girl she had never even been friends with. She was ready to give up and then.. there was a notification on her phone. It was a dm from her friend she recently met on the app. "Hey :)" was all it said but that simple message somehow changed her way of thinking in a few seconds. She replied with a simple hi and then began to tell Tilly about her day. Tilly replied with a long paragraph with which had Emily in tears, but not the same tears as before. Good tears. Tears of knowing she has someone. Tears of finally realizing she is worth it. This was her best friend. And they both knew it. 

They continued to talk all week during school and soon exchanged phone numbers, Skypes, everything. They had a best friendship neither of them have ever had before. It was all a bit crazy to them though, considering they were like a thousand miles away. 

Emily and Tilly were on Skype one night when hey were talking about how they both wanted to go to Los Angeles on day. Tilly yelled "oh my god Ems!!" 

"Oh my god what?!" She yelled back with a laugh. 

"We should move there together someday!" Emily agreed and the girls spent hours discussing their future plans. When they would move. What they would do. Where they would live. Who they would meet. Everything. It was going to be something out of a book. A real dream come true.