68

Addilyn's POV

"Am I really fine? That's why I write an Ode to Silence!" I yell, jumping up onto my piano, grabbing the microphone (not attached to a stand). The crowd knows, right on cue, what standing on the piano means. They all squat down to the ground, a marvelous view of my fans, harmonious to what the song demands. When the beat drops, they all jump, up and down, dance around, as I jump on the piano.

The concert is just about over, and I take time to acknowledge what time of year it is. "Thank you Las Vegas! Have a great Christmas, or any holiday you celebrate!" I say, walking backstage and jumping up and down. "That was sick!" I yell, sitting down, trying to soak in the emotions that went through that concert.

Today is December 23rd, I'm surprising Luke in New York on Christmas.

Days get boring, I don't have many friends, I'm just alone in my thoughts, just like my song 'Ode to Silence'. It's somewhat a play on 'Ode to Sleep' by Twenty One Pilots. My song is about silence compared to death, which is like 'sleep' is compared to death in their song. Ode to Silence is the song on the album, 2 songs before Val commits suicide.

Hey guys! Short chapter, but Ode to Silence is a real poem that I wrote myself. The line I used is the last line, and it's stupid, but I put it in anyways, not knowing how much trouble that would get me in. When I say 'Trouble' I mean my secret being revealed. I passed the poem in for a poetry contest, and I won 3rd place, which I was proud of, but I was called to the front office. The counselor asked what it really meaner, and I shared everything. After 2 weeks of seeing a physiologist, they diagnosed me with bipolar disorder. This was 7 months ago, and I'm still not over it. I read that poem every day, regretting knowing that I have a mental illness. I'd rather not know anyways.