CHAPTER 10 - COFFEE

CHAERIN'S POV

It's almost been a year and a half since I've started working here at Park Block Inc. Everybody's so close to me now. And Minji, we've become best pals now. We shared each other secrets and other stuffs whether if it's about work or personal. She's like my little sister to me now. I feel like I wanted to protect her whenever I can.

"Another pile of paperworks awaits for me today." I muttered to myself whilst nearing my workstation.

I placed my bag at the corner of my table and fixed my coat before seating. I turned on my computer and noticed something beside it. I saw a cup of coffee resting on my desk. I can tell that it's been here just a few minutes before I arrive because I can still see smoke coming out of its lid.

I grabbed it and felt something from it. I rotate it and saw some writing on a piece of paper stuck on it.

'GOOD MORNING :)'

It was all it said. I smiled to myself just by reading it.

I think I know who gave this.

I sipped my coffee and started working on my tasks.

"Unni~ good morning."

"Oh! Good morning, Minji-ah."

She leaned on the edge of my table. "How's your weekend?"

I sighed. "Well... as usual. Youngbae spent his weekends with us which is totally normal since he always does. Aside from that, nothing new."

"Looks like Youngbae-ssi really is a family to you, huh?"

"You said it. He's so close to my family especially to my brother. Sometimes, I felt like I was the outsider coz he knows my siblings more than me."

She chuckled. "Maybe he's the real brother and you're just adopted." She teased me.

"I also thought about that before."

She was about to talk when someone called her.

"Minji-ssi?"

"Ne, Jinwoo-ssi?"

"Taehyun's looking for you."

Minji suddenly smiled from ear to ear. "O-okay.." then Jinwoo walked away.

"Uhmm... unni, I better get going now."

I smirked at her. "I know. You can let you boyfriend waiting." I teased her.

She blushed crimson red. "H-he's not my b-boyfriend."

"Then why stutter?" I asked, smirk still visible in my face. She kept her head low, not answering me.

"Okay, okay. Go now. I'm just teasing. Thank you by the way for the coffee."

"Coffee?" she asked, confused.

I nodded and grabbed the cup of coffee and showed it to her. "This coffee."