CHAPTER 51 - MOVED ON

JIYONG'S POV

*rings*

"Hello?"

"Mr. Kwon, President Park called for an emergency meeting right now at the conference room"

"Oh ok. I'll be there in a minute." I hang up and sighed. Not again. What is it this time?

I stood up and slightly fixed my desk before heading to the conference room.

I knocked three times before turning the knob and entering the room.

"Oh. You're here now Jiyong. Please sit down. I'm about to start in a few minutes." Mr. Park welcomed me as I sit beside Dara who's in also in the room with him. She gave me a peck on my left cheek and intertwined our hands together as she placed them on her lap.

"Why are we here dad?" She asked.

"Well... it's another major project that we have to do to increase our sales and power in this business." He explained as me and her just nodded as response. "This is kinda risky but the results will surely make a change to our company, so I have to discuss this with the most trustable and worthy people on this situation."

"Don't worry dad, Jiyong here will surely make it successful as always." She smiled and looked at me. "Right, babe?"

I chuckled awkwardly. "I'm not sure. But I'll try my best."

"I know you can, Jiyong. That's why you're here." He reassured me.

I nodded. "Ne."

He looked at his wristwatch and sighed. "I guess I have to start now." He picked some filed papers from his side of the table and distributed them to us. "These are the information we need with this pro----". His sentence got cut off by a knock on the door. "Come in."

We all heard the doorknob turned and the soft sound the door makes while it was being opened slowly. We all waited for the revelation of the person behind the door for a few seconds until it was finally got opened wide for us to see.

You've got to be kidding me

"Sorry I'm late, Mr. Park. Some client just don't let me off of the conversation that easily so I have to finished them first before coming here."

He smiled. "It's okay, Miss Lee. We're just about to start though. Please sit." He gave her a copy of what he gave us earlier as she sat opposite of us. She looked around and I saw her eyes widen as she saw Dara and I in front of her. She fixed her posture and bowed slightly to us that we also did to her.

"As I was saying... those files that I have given you was the copy of all the information for this project that we'll gonna make. Jiyong and Miss Lee will do a collaboration again as what they both did before which resulted to success that's why I decided to give them another project to work on. This will be in two months from now and I'm expecting the best results from you."

"But dad..."

He looked at her. "Hm?"

"The wedding's in a month and you're going to let Jiyong work instead of making him rest? Can't you just give this task to another employee? We have Seunghyun. He's good too."

I looked down as I don't know what to say.

"I know, Dara, but  I can't just risk this to anyone. This is very hard and only Jiyong and Miss Lee are the ones I trust. But don't worry I'll do some of it so he can rest. Okay?"

I looked at her and she gave me a peck on the lips. "Okay dad."

I took a glance at Chaerin and saw her looking down awkwardly.

"Oh yeah! Speaking of the wedding... Miss Lee?" He called her as she immediately looked up. "Ne, sir?"

"You're invited to my daughter and Jiyong's wedding next month. The whole company is invited so I hope you can come. You will, right? Since Jiyong and you are great business partners."

We all turned our attention to her as we waited for her response.

"Yeah Chae.. You should come. Don't worry, I'll make your outfit." Dara convinced her while smiling sweetly at her.

She looked at all of us one by one until she landed her eyes at me and we stared at each other for a seconds.

Then she smiled widely. "Of course, unni. I'll come. I wouldn't miss it for the world."

Dara clapped like a kid. "Yay! Thanks, Chae."

"No worries."

Mr. Park clapped three times to get our attention. "Okay, back to business."

He explained everything for half an hour until he got a phone call and excused himself. "Uhhmm... I have to go somewhere for a meeting with my partners. I hope you understand what I discussed and feel free to stay here so you can talk about it yourselves." With that, he left the room.

As soon as his presence is gone, I felt a different atmosphere around the room.

Oh god, this is awkward

Dara took my attention by playing with my hands. "Hmm... Your hands are so soft. I don't wanna let it go again." She said the last sentence louder than the first. Unconsciously, I took a glance at Chaerin again and saw her focused on the papers Mr. Park gave us, ignoring our presence.

"So, Chaerin-ah..."

She looked up again and looked at her. "Hmm?"

"How are you and Minho?"

She raised her eyebrows at her with confusion. "Ne?"

"Aren't you two dating? I saw the both of you always together so I assume that you are with him now."

She smiled slightly. "Oh, that. Well... We're fine, I guess. We always hangout together and have fun. Sometimes, Youngbae joins in since they know each other too."

"Oh. I see... I guess everything's well now. You have yours. I have mine. Hope you and him get married too soon. Like Jiyong and I. Right, babe?" She looked at me and kissed my lips for a few seconds before pulling away."

I looked at her awkwardly. "Babe... Not here. There's someone here with us."

She chuckled. "She's not just someone, Ji. She's your ex. I'm sure she doesn't mind now since she already has a boyfriend which is her ex too. Right, Chae?"

She smiled. "Of course."

"See? She doesn't mind." She kissed me again.

"But I have to go now, though. I still have a lot of clients waiting for me. I'll just discuss this with you if you already have time. And also so I can give you privacy since Jiyong feels awkward. I'll go now. And congrats on your wedding. Hope you'll be happy together forever." She picked up her papers and bowed then left us."

She moved on.....

......like me.

I guess that's the end of us.