CHAPTER 48 - SUDDEN ANNOUNCEMENT

JIYONG'S POV

It's been a couple of months since Chae and I broke up. To be honest, I never thought that a break would be that painful because my first girlfriend was Dara and breaking up with her was like nothing to me. But with Chaerin, it was the total opposite of it, it fucking hurts. The moment she left me standing there alone in front of her house and went with another guy, makes me realize how I fucked everything up between us. I wanted to run and chase her but my feet didn't allow me to. It was like everything froze for a moment except for her. My soul left my body and wandered elsewhere, leaving me standing there like a statue built centuries ago.

After that breakup, I spent most of my days inside my room. I didn't even dare go to work or even go out with my friends. I think I've live an outcast life for less than a month or so. Also, my only buddy that time was soju. I'm drinking it for breakfast, lunch and dinner. I don't even care how stinky I am because I'm already a loser. I lost the one and only girl I loved so there's no use of looking presentable to others because I don't care about their opinions anyway.

I zoned out every night, thinking of ways to cut my life short because I don't have a reason to live anymore. I tried taking handful of pills I didn't know I have but it didn't work. I just felt dizzy and fell asleep and woke up the next day feeling like I didn't even try overdosing myself. I also tried cutting slits near my pulse but it's still no use.

"Why don't you just let me die?" I shouted at the four walls of my bedroom, holding a half full bottle of alcoholic beverage on one hand and a lit cigarette on the other.

All I wanna do is to die.

*rings*

"Yeoboseyo?"

"Mr. Kwon, President Park wants to talk to you."

"Ne. I'll be there in a minute." I hang up and stopped everything I'm doing at the moment. Fixing my suit, I left my room and went to President Park's.

*knocks*

Hearing a faint 'come in', I slowly turned the knob and opened the door. Peeking my head, I saw him looking at his laptop, busy with his own work.

Feeling my presence, he lifted up his head and make an eye contact to me. "Oh Jiyong-ah.. Come in."

I entered his room, shut the door behind me and sat on the empty seat available in front of his desk.

"Jinwoo told me you want to talk to me."

"Oh yes, of course. Before that, you want coffee or tea?"

Huh? He doesn't normally ask me that whenever he wants to talk to me. Unless it's something serious or important.

Seeing him looking at me, waiting for my response, I quickly cut my own thoughts and answered, "Coffee please."

"Alright." He picked up his phone beside his computer and dialed. "Hello... Yes ... Could you bring us a hot tea and coffee? Yes.. Thank you." Then he hang up.

"So..." He started. "I called you here for some important matter."

I knew it