CHAPTER 12 - TABLE OF FOUR

CHAERIN'S POV

After work, Youngbae invited me to have dinner at the diner we always go to.

We entered the diner and at an empty table for two.

"What about Harin and Seunghyun?" I asked him.

"Geokjeongma, they already had dinner." He said and gave me his cute eyesmile. I just nodded and we gave the waitress our orders.

Our orders came and we dug in as soon as it landed on our table.

We were so quiet for a moment, just the sound of the utensils when it hit the plate can be heard.

"So..." he started. I fixed my eyes on him, anticipating his next words.

"...have you figured out who's behind that mystery coffee appearance?"

I shook my head. "Nope. I don't care anymore, though. I took your advice that maybe it's just one of those kind-hearted employees."

He smiled and ruffled my hair. "Good girl."

"Ya! I'm not a dog, you know! And who said you can mess with my hair?!"

"Why? What you gonna do about it, huh?" He teased me and messed my hair again. I grunted and he just chuckled.

We spent quite a while teasing each other. Until I became quiet when I saw two figures entered.

Looks like she's back.

I stared at the both of them while they're on the way to their table. He assisted her to her before sitting on his own.

Youngbae must've noticed I became quiet and staring from afar. He snapped his fingers in front of my face. I got out of my thoughts and stare at him. "What was that for?"

"You just spaced out,Chae."

"Oh..." I shifted my eyes from them and back to Youngbae.

"You okay?" He asked.

"Huh?! Oh... yeah. I'm fine."

"Okay..." I know he didn't buy it but he just shrugged it off and continued eating.

I occassionally look at them and saw that they looked so happy together. He stares at her like it's the first time seeing her. I think he misses her so much.

I watched him shove food his plate and placed it in front of her mouth, feeding her which she gladly ate. He smiled so sweetly at her, the way a child smile at something he wants and he successfully have it.

I suddenly felt something inside me. I can't explain it. It feels like I got a hard time breathing.

I looked down and just focused on the food in front of me.

"Hey..." Youngbae called my attention.

"Hmm?"

"You sure you're okay? You're so bubbly just a minute ago then you suddenly become quiet." Museun iriya?"

"Nothing... it's just, I suddenly felt tired. That's all. Don't worry about me."

He nodded and we finished our meals.

We paid our bills and stood up to leave.

I keep myself quiet and unnoticed so they won't see us. Me.

"Chaerin-ah~"

I closed my eyes.

I spoke too soon.

I don't know whether to continue walking and pretend that I didn't hear her or turn around and greet her back.

Then I decided to chose the first choice. I resumed walking but Youngbae stopped me. "Hey, Dara's calling you. They're over there."

I mentally cursed myself. My plan failed. Youngbae, just why?

I turned around and fake a smile while we're approaching them.

She stood up and meet us halfway.

"Chaerin-ah~" she hugged me.

I hugged her back. "Annyeong unni! Oraenmane."

"Come, join us." She held my hand and dragged me to their table.

"But we just finished eating." I whined.

"Well... then just sit with us. I want to catch up with you." She insisted. I just nodded and followed her to their table where her boyfriend awaits for her comeback.

She sat beside him and we sat in front of them.

She continued eating and we, Youngbae and I, just watch them eat happily.

They were so into their world that they forgot that we're also here.

"We should've agreed to come with her." I muttered to myself.

"Huh?" Youngbae faced me.

"Nothing."

"So... I heard that you and Ji teamed up for a proposal and it was a success, as what I always expected."

"Ah... yeah..."

Dara unni ordered some desserts for us four. As soon as it came, we all dug into it.

I took my first scoop of my banana split. It was so yummy, I tell ya. This is my first time tasting their banana split even though we always come here. I usually order cheesecake and nothing more.

I was going to take my second one when Youngbae held my hand, stopping me. I glanced at him to ask him what's wrong, but he just roam his eyes on the table, looking for something I don't while still holding me.

He stopped when he failed at finding whatever he's been looking for then he looked back at me. Then, the next thing happened all too quickly. I just felt something soft on the side of my lips, maybe for a second and it immediately disappeared.

He wiped the remaining ice cream on my lips.

With his thumb, of course. What else?

I froze for a moment when the same thumb that touched my lips suddenly came into contact with his, licking the ice cream on it.

I looked at him in bewilderment but he just winked at me and pretend that nothing happened.

I got back to my senses when I heard Dara unni spoke.

"Awwww... how sweet. I'm jelly with these lovebirds here. Ji, why can't you be like Youngbae. He's so sweet and kind to his girlfriend." She whined at Jiyong.

"A-ani. Uri yeonin aniya (we aren't a couple)" I protested.

"There's no point on denying now, Chae. I can see in Younbae-ssi's eyes that he loves you. And so do you" she explained.

"Jinjja?" She nodded.

"Uhmmm... I think we should go back now. I still have a lot of things to do." Jiyong butted in.

"But, I want to talk to Chae a little longer." She whined like a baby.

"Then, I'll head off first. You can stay. Call me if and I'll pick you up." He insisted.

"Ani. I'll go with you now. Bye Chae. Bye Youngbae-ssi. My boyfriend's kinda stubborn today. See you tomorrow." She smiled and stood up.

"Gwaenchana. Bye unni, bye Jiyong-ssi. See you tomorrow. Thanks for the dessert, by the way."

With that they left the diner and soon after, me and Youngbae followed and we head back home.

While on our way home, something kinda bothers me. Jiyong suddenly acted cold when Dara unni talked to us. He never did when it's just the two of them. It's not that I've been keeping my eyes on him, it's just... just my observation.

Well, I think he's just annoyed that his girlfriend invited us over to their 'bonding time' and we just ruined their moment. Or not?