CHAPTER 46 - NOT ANYMORE

The next morning, I have planned to go to her house to apologize in person. But believe me, my world felt like it crashed in front of me when she rejected from talking to me.

I made myself look as nice as ever so I can look decent enough for her so she can believe that my apologies are sincere.

But before going there, I made a quick stop at the her favorite coffee shop and ordered her favorites - Iced Americano and macarons.

Driving to her house makes me feel uneasy which was new to me. A lot of thoughts keeps on coming in my mind.

What if she doesn't want to talk to me?

What if she slams the door shut in front of my face?

What if she curses at me?

Those are just some of them. The other's are just out of this world to imagine.

I am now a few blocks away from her house and my heartbeat is beating faster than ever. I don't know why I feel like this, though. I only become like this when I feel something bad might happen.

Let's just hope there's none.

I decided not to park my car in front of her house instead leave it two houses away but I can still see her door from here.

I turned off the engine, unbuckled my seatbelt and ready to get off of the car.

Until I saw her gates opens which made me halt my actions.

I waited for someone to come out of the house while still sitting inside my car.

There, the figure I want to see right now, the reason why I'm here.

She walks sophisticatedly outside the house, wearing casual clothing.

I was about to go out of the car to approach her because I don't want to make this opportunity slip away but I halted again.

A few meters away behind her, stood a man which I never thought of seeing again.

"Minho." I muttered to myself.

What is that bastard doing here in Korea, specifically in her house?

I observed the two of them first for a few minutes before finally going out of my car for real this time.

I walked faster than I never thought I can and stood a few meters away from them. There, they still didn't acknowledged my presence for they are busy talking happily to each other.

Until I fake coughed which caught their attention within seconds.

Both of them looked my way, both with the same expression, surprised.

"Am I missing something?"

------------

CHAERIN'S POV

"Am I missing something."

The last person I want to see right now is here.

"Uhh.. Annyeonghaseyo Jiyong-ssi." Minho bowed at him, but he didn't do the same back.

Tsk. Rude

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

"Visiting my girlfriend." He paused. "But I guess she's busy with someone else right now."

What the?

I inhaled deeply to control my raging anger. "Minho-ssi... Can you just wait for me in the car? I'll have to discuss something with him. I won't take long." I managed to tell it to Minho with full calmness which he immediately complied without any words.

As soon as Minho left and made sure that he won't be anywhere near us, I looked back at him. "What do you want?"

"I came here to make up with you, to apologize for believing her every word, for accusing you of cheating and for hurting you. The day you left my house made me realize all those things. You don't know how worried I am when I don't know your whereabouts. Even your brother doesn't know. That night when you rejected on talking to me made me feel like I really hurt you so damn bad." He looked at me with eyes full of emotions.

"But I guess, at some point, I think I shouldn't regret of doing that, of believing her, now that I've witnessed it in my own eyes." His eyes turned from being sorrowful to being mad. "She just made a little mistake. It's not Youngbae you're cheating me with, it's with your ex. Guess your own words fits you better, huh."

My jaw dropped at his confession.

"What?!" I faked a laugh. "I can't believe you think that low about me, Jiyong. I really can't."

"Why?! I'm just using your own words against you. Now you know how it feels like, huh?"

I really can't take any of this.

I heaved a deep sigh before starting to speak again. "You know what? Fine. If that's what you want and that's what you want to believe in, go ahead. I won't stop you." I said with all confidence. "Because from now on... I wouldn't care of any shit you want to think about me because we're done."

"What?!" His eyes widen with my choice of words.

"You heard me loud and clear, Kwon Jiyong. We are done. You're free now. You can hangout with anyone you want to and so am I. No more worrying, no more accusing, and no more hurting. That's what you want, right? I'm giving it to you now. Bye." I turned around to join Minho but he grabbed my wrist, stopping me.

"You're not serious, right? I know you're not."

I yanked my arms from him and looked at him in the eyes. "Sorry, Jiyong, but I am. You know that I've already told you that this relationship won't work, but what did you do? You didn't listen." I laughed a little before continuing. "But I guess, this is somehow my fault, too. I believed that everything will be fine. I believed that you'll always by my side. I believed that you'll be my ride or die."

"But... I am." His voice softened from every word he says.

"But with all you're showing me these days.. No you're not, Jiyong. No you're not."

With that being said, I walked away from him and went inside Minho's car. "Let's go." I ordered him without looking. He questioned me nothing and just drove off. We passed by Jiyong who is still standing at the same place where I left him. I can see him looking at our car from my peripheral view but I wouldn't care anyway.