CHAPTER 16 - DINNER

"Everyone!! This is Ms. Lee Chaerin and I know you already know him, but for those who don't, he's Mr. Kwon Jiyong. They're from Park Block Inc. in Seoul. They will be our supervisors for quite some time to help us with our little crisis in our branch here in France. These two are the best employee the company has ever have. I expect all of you to treat them with all kindness and respect. Thank you." TOP gave a little speech to everyone. Jiyong and I bowed down and TOP lead us to somewhere.

"This will be your temporary office while staying here. This is the best room we can give you. I hope it's fine for the both of you to share."

"Of course, hyung. I'm not that picky."

"I know. I'm not talking to you, Jiyong, I already know you. I'm talking to Chaerin. What do you say?"

Ugh!! I'm fine with the room and with the sharing. Just not the person I'm sharing it with.

"Uhm.. it's fine." Then I gave him a fake smile.

"Great!! Well, I gotta leave you both for awhile. I have a meeting to attend."

"Alright. Bye hyung."

"See you, TOP-ssi."

Then he left.

Now I'm with him again.. just the two of us.

"Chaerin-ah..."

"What?!"

"Why do you keep on shouting at me? I'm trying to talk to you nicely yet you gave me a bad response."

"Then if you don't want to hear me shout, then don't talk to me at all."

"What the hell is wrong with you?"

"..."

"Huh?! Answer me! What have I done to you that you treated me like this?! I thought we're fine now. That we're friends? But it seems like we've been the way we used to before again."

"Just... don't talk to me. That's all."

"Wae?"

"I don't wanna hear anything from you."

"Ahhh.. is this still because of how I addressed your boyfr-- oops.. your BESTfriend?"

"...."

"So it is it." He chuckled. "I can't believe you hold grudges that much."

"Well... if that's nothing to you, well, it is to me. Youngbae's not just anyone to me and to hear someone badmouthing him infront of me is never nothing to me. Especially if you don't know him the way I do."

He put his hands in the air. "Alright. Alright. I'm sorry. I shouldn't have told that. So, we okay now?"

"It's not just like that, Mr. Kwon."

"Aw c'mon! We're going to see each other more frequently for the rest of our stay here so we better be in good terms if we want what Mr. Park told us to do to be done correctly. C'mon, Chaerin... I'm swallowing my pride now for you. I have never done this before."

"So now it's my fault, huh?!"

"No!!! That's not what I meant!"

"No one told you to apologize, Jiyong. So if you don't feel like it, then don't."

"I know!! Aish~~ you know what? How 'bout I'll treat you to dinner tonight?"

"Tsk! You can't bribe me."

"I'm not! It's my peace offering. So...?"

"Uhmmm..  alright. But if you do that again, I'll forget that I even know you."

"Gosh! Why so harsh on me?"

"I'm not kidding."

"Okay okay.. chill! I get it. So... dinner tonight?"

I nodded "whatever."

"Alright!"

*ding dong*

I looked at myself on the mirror for the last time then went to answer the door.

*ding dong*

"Alright! Alright! I'm coming!!"

I opened the door and I was welcomed by a smiling Jiyong. "Good evening, Ms. Lee. You ready to have fun?"

I rolled my eyes. "Fun? We're just having dinner." I answered uninterestedly.

"I know. But it can still be fun."

"Whatever. Let's go now before I change my mind"

"Okay.. right this way, madame." He gestured his hands forward to give way for me.

We exited the hotel and I followed him towards a black car.

"Yours?"

He shook his head. "Nope. I rented it for us tonight."

"Really?"

"Mhm.. I told you we're gonna have fun."

"It's just a car, Jiyong. There's nothing fun from riding a car."

"C'mon, Chae! Don't ruin this night. Loosen up a bit."

"Whatever."

"Alo. Table for two please."

"Right this way, sir." A naturally beautiful waitress lead us to our table.

"Here's our menu, sir, ma'am."

"No need for this. Just give us your best seller. Plus a bottle of red wine."

"Alright, sir. I'll be back with your orders."

"Okay. Thank you."

Then she left us.

"Chae."

"Hm?"

"How was your stay here France?"

Can we not talk about this?

"Uhmmm... it was nice." I answered simply.

"It really looks like it. But I want to know a detailed answer."

"Why do wanna know?"

"I just want to."

"But I don't."

"Just a few details. C'mon, we don't want an awkward atmosphere while waiting for our food."

"I don't mind. I like the silence anyway."

"Aish... why are you so stubborn?"

"Because I don't like to be force to do something I want to do."

"Why? I'm just asking your experience. What's wrong with that?"

"Nothing. I just don't want to tell my story just to anyone."

"But I'm not just anyone. I'm your friend."

"Acquaintance. You're still far from being my friend."

"What?! So how can I be your friend?"

"Be nice."

"I am nice."

"Says who?"

"My friends. Dara."

"Your friends? Dara unni?" He nodded.

"Okay~"

"You don't believe me?"

"Dunno."

"How can I prove you that I'm nice?"

"Be one."

"Aish~ arasseo. I'll prove you I'm the nicest guy you'll ever met." He told me with smile.