CHAPTER 17 - YOU?!

Our orders arrived and we dig in.

After eating, Jiyong poured wine in our glasses and we cheered.

"Ahhh... this is nice."

"I like the taste of this wine." I exclaimed.

"I know."

"Excuse me, I'll just go to the bathroom." I excused myself and stood up.

As I exited the restroom, I bumped into someone.

"Oops... Peiné (sorry)" the guy apologized.

"C'est amende (it's alright)" I answered back, not looking at the person.

"Chaerin?" He asked.

How does he know my name?

I looked up and saw someone I didn't expect to see.

"Minho?"

He nodded. "L-long time no s-see."

"Uhh... y-yeah. Oraenmane."

There was a long silence between us. I still can't believe that I'll see him this soon.

"When did you come back?"

"Just a couple of days back."

"For good?"

"A-Ani. Just for work purposes."

"Ahhh..."

"How's life?" I asked.

"Uhhhm... still the same. I guess. You? I bet you're really a successful person now."

I chuckled. "Not yet. I'm still on the reach for it."

"Oh~ still achieving the same goal we promised before?"

Why bringing up that now? We already just met after many years and now you're making me remember all the things we had before?

"Uhh..."

"Aish.. mian. I didn't mean it on purpose."

"Gwaenchana. I understand." I assured him with a smile. He smiled back.

Omo... that smile... still the same smile as I remember.

He didn't change that much. He only got taller and more mature, but the rest is still the same.

"Until when will you be here?"

"Molla. Until we figure out a solution to the problem."

"Ah~ seems like a big one, huh?" I nodded.

"You alone here?"

"An---"

"She's with me." Someone cut me off. I turned around and saw Jiyong.

He walked towards us and put his arm around my shoulders. "I'm with her. You got a problem with that?" He asked Minho in a slightly intimidating voice.

"Uhh..." Minho didn't utter a single word at him so I decided to butt in

"Minho-ssi... this is Jiyong, my officemate. Jiyong-ssi... this is Minho, my friend here in France."

"Ahh... bangawoyo Jiyong-ssi." He said and slightly bowed at him. Jiyong just nodded.

"Say... Minho, you want to come with us on our table?"

"He can't!" Jiyong exclaimed.

I looked at him. "Wae andwae?! (Why not?!)"

"Because I said so." He said loud and clear for the three of us to hear. He looked kinda drunk. Maybe he drank too much wine or he chugged down the whole bottle.

I looked at Minho and sadness and anger is written on his face. He's trying to hide it but I know him too much to not notice.

"But I want to!"

"But I don't!"

"I don't ca---"

"It's okay, Chaerin-ah... I'm leaving anyway. I still have work tomorrow. See you soon." He smiled and bowed at us then started to walk away.

"Minho-ah... jamkkanman! (Wait a minute!)"

He stopped with his tracks and turned to look at me.

"Can I have your number? Y'know, so we can hang out some other time when I'm free while I'm still here in France."

He smiled. "Okay... no need to explain too much." He teased.

I gave him my phone and typed his number. "Here. See you soon!" He smiled then continued walking.

As my eyes can't see him anymore, I turned back and looked at Jiyong who's looking at me, crossing his arms around his chest.

"Just what was that about, huh?" I asked angrily.

"Nothing. I just don't like him."

"He's my friend. Not yours. And, I don't like you either."

"Whatever. Let's go back to our table now."

"Sirheo. I wanna go back to the hotel now." I blurted.

"But we still aren't finished eating yet."

"Then eat it yourself. I'll leave now." I said then started walking.

"Alright. Alright. I'll just pay for it then we'll go."

---------

*the next day*

I entered the temporary room Jiyong and I are sharing at the office to see that he's already there.

"Good Morning Chae!"

"Morning."

"No 'good'?"

"Not now Jiyong. I don't want to argue at this early in the morning."

*knocks*

"Come in" I announced.

The doorknob turned and the door opened, revealing a petite girl, kinda smaller than me and wearing round glasses. Despite that we're in France, all the employees here are Korean.

"Miss Lee, Mr. Choi wants to talk to you."

I nodded. "Alright. I'll be there. Thank you."

She smiled then left the room.

I stood up and went to T.O.P's office. I knocked twice before I heard a faint 'come in' that I assume is his voice.

I opened the door and entered his room.

"Chaerin-ssi... please be seated. This will be quick." He offered me the chair that's near his table. I gladly sat and waited for him to speak.

"Well... today, I want to meet you someone that will help you and Jiyong with your job. He's been here for quite a while now and he's one of the best employee here in our branch. I wasn't able to introduce him to you because he's been out, working at something. Any minute now, he'll arrive. My assistant already told me that he's here." I just nodded.

I waited for about five minutes before a heard a knock and the door opened without waiting for T.O.P to give the person the permission to enter.

"Sorry, I'm late." The guy announced while entering.

"Minho?!"

"Chaerin?!"

We both said at the same time.