CHAPTER 27 - OH NO

I entered the company with mixed emotions. Until now, I'm still confused about Jiyong's confession.

Would he really do it?

Tsk. Doubt it. I know he's just messing with me.

Who wants to let go a diamond for a stone, right?

It's not that I'm degrading myself, it's just that... Dara unni is an example of a perfect girlfriend. And he's just going to break up with just like that.

I was almost at my table when someone approached me. Her hair is covering her face while half running half walking towards me.

She grabbed me and hugged me tightly as soon as she reached my destination.

It made into my realization on what's happening when I felt my shirt got damp.

That's when my instincts activated and rubbed my hand up and down on her back to make her feel better.

After minutes of being on that position, she broke away from the hug and looked down, hiding her face. She wiped her tears first before looking at me.

"Let's go somewhere." She stated.

"But we have work unni."

"I'll tell dad you're with me."

"Dad?"

"Mhm. Park Jinyoung is my dad."

"Park Jinyoung? As in the CEO of this company?" She nodded.

Heol~

Why didn't anyone tell me about this?

Now I feel burdened.

She hold my hand and we exited the company.

We went to her car, which I assume, and entered. A driver is already waiting for us inside. She mentioned a place that's foreign to my ears and the driver started the engine and we drove off.

While inside the car, she got something from her pouch. She fished it out, revealing a compact powder.

She fixed herself up, hiding the tear stains from crying earlier.

I think after half an hour travel, we both got out of the car and entered a luxurious looking café.

Someone opened the door for us and greeted us with all kindness and formality. She must be a regular here.

She lead us to a little private area in the café for us to sit in. The waitress gave us menu.

She didn't even touched the menu while me wandering around the paper I'm holding.

"Already picked your choice?" She asked me.

Me being an alien in this place, don't know what to choose. She must've noticed it too. "The usual. Make it two." She ordered for us. The waitress nodded and left us.

I observed her for a while and she really is out of this world.

Wonder what happened.

I just hope it's not what I'm thinking what it is.

Our order came and the waitress left us with our orders.

"Meokja!" She announced.

I grabbed the fork and started eating the cake infront of me. On the other hand, she grabbed her fork and just played with her food.

"Uhhmm.. unni?"

Her thoughts were interrupted and slowly looked at me. "Hm?"

"Is there something wrong?" I hesitated on whether to ask her or not because it might cause a major awkwardness between us.

She froze by my question. After a few seconds, she dropped her fork gently back on the plate and looked down again.

I knew it was a bad idea to ask.

"Uhhmmm.. it's okay if you don't t--"

"He broke up with me." She cut me off.

"M-mwo?" I kinda didn't hear her clearly.

"Jiyong..." she started tearing up again. "He... he b-broke up with m-me."

°o°

"Mwo?!"

She just nodded.

"W-wae?"

She started to silently sob when I asked her. "I d-don't know."

"There must be a reason unni."

"I know.. I just don't want to know anymore. It's already painful to hear him say those words so knowing the reason won't make me feel better."

"But you have the right to know unni."

"What for?! He already cut everything between us last night."

Last night? But only last night did he tell me that decision of his.

"Last night?"

She nodded while sobbing. "He called me late at night. He said he wants to meet me that time. I thought it's an emergency because he never calls me super late at night because of nothing unless it's an emergency, so I agreed and met up with him at our usual place. He's already waiting for me when I arrived there. It didn't took us fifteen minutes to talk...." then she paused. I went to her side and sidehug her. There, she started to pour her heart out. I comforted her in every way that I can.

Because in some way... I'm involved in this shit.

"....he didn't even put too much stories and just went straight to the point. He said those words to me loud and clear while looking into my eyes. He said it like we didn't have a bond together, like I'm just a stranger whom he met a day ago for him to be able to say those hurtful words."

I didn't dare to talk because I don't have any idea to make her feel better, so I just listened to her story.

"Chaerin-ah.... do you know how painful it is? Do you?" I nodded.

"If your long-time boyfriend does that to you, would you also feel the same? Or am I just being overreacting."

"No..no. I know how painful it is unni." Then suddenly, Minho's face appeared in my mind. I remembered how we broke up, but our reason is different from theirs. But the feeling is the same.

"Why'd you think he broke up with me? Am I not being a good girlfriend to him?"

"Don't think like that unni. You're the best example of a perfect type of girlfriend." I defended.

"Then why?! Doesn't he love me anymore? Or is there someone new?" She looked at me in the eyes.

"...."

"Maybe there is. Whoever that bitch is, I swear, I'll make her life a living hell for stealing him from me. So if I were her, I'll put all my guards up because who knows when I'll attack." She said, full of fury in every word she emits. She wiped her tears. Her sobs we're now replaced with curse words.

"Just so she knows, I won't give up Jiyong just like that without a fight. She doesn't who she's up against."

Oh god, just what did Jiyong put me into?