CHAPTER 32 - WITH HER

CHAERIN'S POV

Since we got together three months ago, our relationship are kept in a secret. Only my siblings knew about it. And up until today, nothing bad happens.

"Chaerin-ah.."

I was walking around Dongdaemun when I heard someone call my name.

I turned around and saw Dara unni.

I got a little surprised by her presence. I never seen her for the past two months. She must went abroad to clear her mind from Jiyong or she simply just wants to travel.

I smiled and walked to her. "Hey, unni."

We hugged each other for a moment. "Where have you been, unni? I haven't seen you for a while."

She smiled. "Ahh.. just went to the Philippines for vacation with my brother and sister."

"Oh. How I wish me and my siblings can also do that."

"Why not? We can go there together if you want. I'll be your tour guide."

I chuckled. "Even if we want to, we can't. We're kinda busy in our own ways, that's why."

"Oh... well that's sad. Don't worry I'll tell Dad to give you a break."

"That's not necessary, unni. It's fine."

"I insist. By the way, why are you wandering off alone?"

Oh yeah.. I forgot.

I'm meeting Jiyong today.

"Uhmm.."

"You meeting someone?" She asked while we continued walking.

I'm meeting Jiyong at our usual place. I walked on that direction while she followed beside me.

"Actua---"

"Chae!" My statement has been cut off by someone calling.

And by that someone, I mean the one and only Kwon Jiyong.

I cursed silently to myself. I was supposed to lie to her and tell her that I'll be alone but he ruined my plan.

I slowly turned around and then met his eyes. We looked at each other for a while, trying to convey what each other's thinking right now.

"J-Jiyong." I heard Dara unni muttered under her breath.

He walked towards us casually. He looked at her for a while, trying to observe her. "Hey.."

"H-hey.." she greeted back.

He looked back at me, "Let's go?"

I nodded. "Yeah." Then I looked at her. "Unni.. you want to come?"

"Huh? Oh! Uh... no. No."

"Unni.. we haven't seen each other for quite some time, so please... come with us." I insisted even if me myself knows that this is bad idea.

"Chaerin, she said she doesn't want to. Don't force her." Jiyong butted in with a little irritation in his voice.

"Jiyong-ssi, she's the daughter of our boss. You can't just spoke to her like that."

He rolled his eyes at me. "Whatever. Let's go." Then he sat on the empty table he found.

How dare he rolls his eyes at me

Jiyong ordered for us and soon, the orders came and we all dug in, me sitting beside her and Jiyong opposite of us.

I know Jiyong disagrees with my action of inviting her, but at least he's still kind enough to let her stay and keep our secret to ourselves, not making any move that might expose it.

"So... what brings you two here? You two together now?" She asked that made almost made me choke.

"None of your business." He immediately blurted.

I looked at him and saw his unamused and irritated face then looked at her seeing that she looked taken aback by his response.

I smiled at her. "I'm so sorry unni. He's been like that since yesterday. He's just stressed with the project that was given to us and yeah.. that's why we're here, to discuss about it." I obviously lied.

She nodded in agreement and good thing she fell for it. "Looks like dad is giving you a hard time, I see."

"Y-yeah.."

"So what is it this time? Maybe I can give you a hand."

"No thanks. We can do it without your help." He spoke again.

WTF Jiyong?!

I looked at her and give her the most apologetic look I can give to ease her feelings.

"Well... I guess I better get going now. I still have some important meeting to attend to." She gave me a hug and stood up. "Bye Chae. Talk to you later."

"Bye unni. Be safe."

She smiled then looked at him. "Bye Ji."

He didn't respond nor even look at her so she just went her way, leaving us two there.

As soon as she went out of sight, I shot a glare at him.

"What?" He asked.

"Why are you being such an asshole to her?"

"What did I do wrong?"

"What did you do wrong? What did you do RIGHT?! Gosh, Jiyong. Here we go again."

He rest his chopstick on the table then looked straight at me. "What do you mean with 'here we go again', huh?"

"You're being insensitive again! Can't you see she just wants to hangout with us and you there, being an insensitive asshole trying to shoo her away."

He sighed heavily. "You still don't know everything." He muttered.

"Well then, tell me." My voice kinda raised.

"Lower down your voice. We're gaining attention and that's the last thing I wanted."

"Tell me." I sternly commanded.

"Not here." He called a waiter for our bill. And as soon as he paid for everything, he stood up, not saying a word and walked towards the exit. Me being a dumbass as of what is happening, followed him.

He entered the car and so did I. He buckled his seatbelt, still not saying anything.

He was about to turn the engine on when I grabbed the car keys from him. "We're not going anywhere until you tell me."

"..."

"Kwon Jiyong."

"..."

"What the---"

"Can't you see?! She just wants us to spill it out!"

"Huh?"

"I know she knows something is going on but she just wants us to tell it ourselves. I know her too much to make me be fooled by her."

I was taken aback by his answer.

She knows?

"S-she k-knows? But how?"

"I don't know. But I know for sure she does. She has a lot of connections and it's impossible not to use them."

I shut up because I don't what to say anymore.

"Chae... don't misinterpret everything I've done back there. I'm just doing what must be done. Being kind to her will make you, us, in danger. So it's better if we show her that we can't be played at by her little dirty games."

"..."

He lifted my chin up to meet his eyes. "I love too much to make you suffer because of her. I'm just protecting you, nothing more, nothing less."

"Arasseo." I whispered.

He pecked my lips. "So please, be careful next time. Don't fall for her traps. And always trust me." He kissed me one more time before I give the car keys back to him and we drove off.