CHAPTER 52 - GOODBYE

CHAERIN'S POV

A couple of weeks have already passed. A couple of weeks of stress because of work, people and everything. Mr. Park's special assignment for us is giving me so much burden. Not only because of time pressure, but also because of being with him almost every hour of every day. Not only that, he's always with his fiancée who always clings on him like a goddamn koala. Whenever I get a little close to him, she acts like a hungry lion that is always ready to attack to protect it's territory.

Pshhh... If she doesn't want me to be around him, he should've told her daddy and to pick someone else instead of me.

Oh well... at least we're almost done with this and I can finally say goodbye.

I went back to my desk after a whole day staying at the conference room with Jiyong and Dara to get my stuffs to prepare to go home. I put everything inside then turned off my desktop computer then walked towards the exit.

From afar, I can already see a familiar car parking at the other side of the road. A small smile crept on my face as I started walking towards it. I opened the door and a smiling face welcomed me.

"Did you wait too long?" I asked as soon as I entered the car and sat at the passenger's seat.

He shook his head then smiled again. "Nahh.. I just arrived too."

"Oh. Well then... We're both just in time." We both chuckled as he started the engine and drove off.

"So... are you sure about this?" He started off out of the blue that lead me to confusion.

"Sure about what?"

"You leaving. You know what I mean, Chae."

"Oh..." I stopped for a few seconds before continuing. "Yeah, I am. I already told Mr. Park about that. He already approved so the only reason I'm still there is because of that project but after that, I'm outta there. There's no turning back now, Youngbae. It's for the good of everyone." I explained which left him speechless and just drove past all the city lights and towards to our destination.

After a few more minutes of driving, we finally arrived to my house. We both entered and a dark and quiet atmosphere welcomed us.

"They must be already sleeping." I said as I switched on a few lights to illuminate the place. I put my bag on the couch as I head towards the kitchen and I heard him follow along.

He sat on the dining chair while I pour myself something to drink.

"But how about the wedding? Won't they look for you?"

"I already told Mr. Park about that too. He said he totally understood and he'll just tell Dara about it."

"What exactly did you tell him though?"

"Hmmm... Let's just say that I have to fly back to New York because our parents needs us there."

He nodded. "Hmmm.. reasonable enough."

"The project will be done by tomorrow. So I still have enough time to prepare."

"Someone's excited to leave."

"Who wouldn't? I'm too sick of seeing them eat other in front of me. I just pretend that I don't see nothing or I don't know them so I can still focus on that stupid project."

He laughed at my own choice of words. "I get it, Chae. You don't have to continue."

"Good. Cuz I don't wanna talk about it anymore."

"I know, I know." He stood up. "I bette get going now. Dad wants me in the company early morning tomorrow." He walked to me and ruffled my hair. "Bye, Chae. You have to sleep now, okay?"

I nodded as response. "Drive safely, okay?"

He nodded then left the house.

I grabbed my bag that I left on the couch and headed straight to my room. I took a quick shower then changed into my pajama and headed to bed. I sighed while staring at the ceiling, thinking about what will happen once I leave the company tomorrow. It kept me awake for a few hours before I finally decided to go to sleep and get ready for a new day tomorrow.

~~~~~~~~~

At last! I'm no longer an employee under Park Block Inc.

So here I am now, sitting quietly with my siblings beside me. Seunghyun asleep with his earphones plugged in his ear while Harin busy talking to her friends. 

And me... well.... like I have said, I sit quietly with my bag beside me and my passport in my hands.

Yeah... I.. no, we're leaving Seoul and we're going back to Japan where our parents are. Good thing Harin and Seunghyun agreed with me. Yeah.. this is all my idea. I dragged them with me. Well.. if I don't, who would've known what they'll do without me guiding them. That's why it's better if I take them with me. Today's also the Jiyong and Dara's wedding. I wonder what's happening right now.

But I don't care anymore because I'll be leaving everything here in Korea.

And that includes my memories with him. I'm going back to Japan to create a new start so that means I have to forget the past and move on.

An hour has passed after I heard the flight we're in announced. I quickly woke Seunghyun up and grabbed our luggage and headed to board.

I let my two younger siblings to enter first and let myself stand behind them.

As I was about to enter, I heard someone shouting my name. I ignored it because I know that it's just Youngbae following behind. I called him earlier but he didn't pick up so I know that it's either he's still sleeping or he's in his parents' company.

But for the sake of our friendship, I turned around to bid my last goodbye to him.

But something unexpected happened......

~~~~~~

[A/N]

This book is nearing its end. Just a few more then I have to say goodbye to this book. 😢 It's so sad but it has to be done.