CHAPTER 13 - WTF!

I looked at my clock and saw that I only have fifteen minutes to get myself ready for work. I quickly got up from bed and ran to the bathroom to take a quick shower. I went downstairs and just grabbed an apple before exiting the house. I didn't even have the chance to say goodbye to my siblings because I'm really in a hurry.

It's already eight o'clock and I know that I'm already late but I still have to go there as soon as I can so I can't get a little later.

As I reached my station, I can already notice everyone being busy with their own tasks.

I sat on my chair and put my bag on the side.

"That's weird." I told myself. I didn't see any coffee on my table today. Maybe that employee is absent today or too busy to do it or better yet, got tired of giving me free coffee.

Anyways, I looked at my side seeing Jiyong focused on his computer.

"Good morning!" I greeted him. I waited for his response but there aren't any. I guess he just didn't hear me. I shrugged it off and did my own works.

"Chaerin-ssi."

I looked up and saw Jinwoo. "Yes?"

"Someone left this for you at the information desk." He handed me a bunch of flowers. I grabbed it from his hands and observed it for a while.

"Who is it?"

He shrugged his shoulders. "Seyi said that he just placed it there and told her to give it to you."

"What does he look like?" I asked again.

"Seyi said that he has thick eyebrows and tough-looking eyes. She can't see his nose and lips cuz he's wearing a mask." He explained.

I nodded and smiled at him. "Ahhh... I think I know who it is. Gomawoyo Jinwoo-ssi." He smiled back then walked away.

I looked at the flowers again and observed it. I bring it closer to my nose to smell it. "Hmmm~" it smells nice.

I put it back on the side of my table when something fell from it. It landed under my table so I have crouch down so I can reach for it.

As I grabbed it, I sit back again to realize that it's a letter I'm holding.

'To Lee Chaerin' was written on the back of the envelope. I quickly opened the lid and slipped out the card.

'Hello~!

I miss you!

I'll see you soon.

♡♡♡'

That was all it said. I smiled to myself knowing that this was from him. I texted him immediately to thank him.

I put down my phone and unintentionally looked at where Jiyong's at. I saw him already looking at me and we made eye contact for, I guess, three seconds and after that he looked away, back to his computer.

I can feel... I don't know if it is a bad or an awkward aura between us. Like there's something going on but I don't know what because the way he looks at me isn't like the way it was before.

I went back to work and told myself that I'll just think about it after I'm done with all of this.

---------

Evening came and it's already time for me to go home. Youngbae told me that he'll pick me up tonight to give me lift home.

I exited the building and waited for him at the front.

I saw the other employees go out of the building to go home. They saw me there standing and they bid me goodbye and I did the same.

"Unni! You're still here?" I looked back and saw Minji walking towards me, Taehyun trailing behind her.