CHAPTER 33 - GIRLS' OUT

I was awakened by the sudden ring of my phone.

"Yeoboseyo?"

"Chae!! You wanna go out today?"

"Huh?"

"Come on, Chae. Let's go out. It's been a while since we last talked to each other."

"Uhhmm. A-alright."

"Great! See you in an hour."

After that call, I slightly panicked. I don't know what to do. Should I call Jiyong and tell him about this? But what if he forbids me to go? What will I tell her? But she said she just wants to hangout. Nothing bad might happen, right?

Well... let's just hope for the best.

I decided to get up from bed and went straight to the bathroom. I chose not to tell Jiyong about this so there will be no commotion that will happen in the future.

I went inside the café she told me to go to. Woah... this place is so extravagant, different from the last place we went to.

Don't get me wrong. I can also go in this kind of place whenever I want to because I can afford on buying their menu, but I chose not to. I'd rather waste my money on other important things than these.

"Chae!" My thoughts were interrupted by someone calling out my name.

I looked to the direction where the voice is coming from.

"Unni."

She walk to where I am standing then gave me a hug. "C'mon, let's eat. I already reserved a table for us." She lead me to an empty table.

"What do you want?" She asked while scanning the menu.

"Uhmmm.."

"Just order whatever you want. It's my treat."

"I actually don't know which to choose."

"Oh.. alright." She called a waiter then told him all she wants to eat.

"So...." she started.

Oh no... what is it now? My heartbeat is so irregular right now.

"How was work while I was gone?"

Phew.

"Uhmm... tiring, as usual. Hehe" I gave an awkward laugh.

"Oh.. I see. Seems that dad's been abusing your skills."

"Ah.. it's not like that unni."

"I'll tell that to give you some break."

"No need for that, unni. I'm fine."

"Okay.. if you say so."

Moments after, our order arrived.

"Chaerin-ah..."

"Hm?"

"Any updates?"

"About what, unni?"

"You know... Jiyong's bitch."

I almost choke on my food by the choice of words she spat.

"Uhmm... no. I don't have any."

She bowed down her head and focused on her food.

"It's been months now unni and you're still not over him?"

"I won't be asking about that if I already am. Why? Is there something wrong about that?"

"A-ani. Ani. It's just... the last time you saw each other, you seem calm and normal. That's why I thought you're already over him."

"Of course not. It's only because you're there that's why I acted like that."

"Oh... I thought you are." I muttered.

She chuckled. "Gaja! I want to eat some ice cream. I know a great place." She paid for our meal then we left.

The ice cream parlor is not that far from the café we just went to.

"What do you want?" She asked.

I looked at the variety of flavors they have on the board. "Uhmm.. I think I'll just go with chocolate."

"Okay." She turned around to face the counter, me behind her. "One chocolate and one strawberry."

We waited for five minutes before the ice cream was served. The crew gave them to her and she quickly turned around.

And pour all the ice cream on my shirt.

I gasped at the sudden coldness that I felt on my skin.

"Oh my gosh!!! I'm so sorry, Chae. It was an accident." She said as she was just looking at my now stained and sticky shirt.

"It's okay, unni. Excuse me, I'll just wash it up in the washroom." I told her then looked at the person at the counter. "Where is it?"

"Just go straight then turn right."

"Okay. Thank you." I started walking and left her there eating her ice cream.

"Urgh! Why won't it come off!" I've been washing my shirt for the nth time but still, the ice cream stain is still really visible, it looks like a new continent has been discovered by size of it. And I'm a wearing a white shirt for goodness sake.

I'm not wishing the stain to be completely gone, just... make it less visible. That's all.

I looked at myself on the mirror and I look so dirty.

I spent like twenty minutes in there, convincing myself that I can make myself look a little decent even with a huge stain on my shirt.

I went out of the washroom and go back to where I left her.

But she's nowhere to be found.

I looked around to see if she just took a seat because she got tired of waiting for me.

But she's not.

I can't see any signs of her.

I went to the counter to see the same employee that served us. "Uhm.. excuse me. Have you seen the girl that was with me earlier?"

"Uhh, the pretty girl with a red fedora hat?"

"Yes! Yes! That's her."

"Oh! I saw her leave moments after you went to the washroom, ma'am."

WHAT!! SHE LEFT ME?! WHAT THE---

"Oh. Is that so? Uhm, ok. Thank you."

I left the ice cream parlor and stood there. I can't believe she did that! I wonder if she poured the ice cream on purpose.

Should I call Jiyong to pick me up? I don't want to use any public transportation looking like this. But I know he'll ask what happened and eventually get mad at me if I tell him the reason.

He's right. I should've avoided myself from her. I never thought she'll do that. I mean, she's so kind to me and all. But I think not anymore.

Since I don't want the dragon to get mad at me, I have no choice but to take a cab so I can go home and finally be free from this disgusting shirt I'm wearing.