CHAPTER 30 - TENSION

CHAERIN'S POV

We already settled things between us.

I admit that I hesitated at first because no one's ever threatened me before that's why the only way I thought about in escaping is to stay away from the causes of it, and that includes Jiyong.

But after my sudden confession and his, I finally decided to put my guards down and trust him. He did say that he'll protect me, so I'll hang on to his words. I just hope he won't disappoint me.

We decided to keep our relationship on low profile whenever we're at work so we won't cause any unwanted scenes especially from Dara unni.

After Jiyong told me everything I need to know about her, I felt a little betrayal on my side. I didn't know that I still have so many things that I don't know about her. Now I'm more scared. Who knows what she'll do.

After dicussing things with Jiyong, we went back to the company. We walked back to our area, side by side, not doing anything suspicious.

I resumed my unfinished works and so is he, acting like nothing happened between us earlier.

My phone suddenly vibrated from my pocket. I picked it out and opened it.

'I'll drive you home tonight. ♥♥♥'

I looked to my side and saw him already looking at me. He winked and went back to his work.

I smiled to myself with his little actions.

I started fixing my stuffs before going home.

*ding*

'Meet u at the cafe

Luv u.♥'

This guy really knows how to make my heart pound.

I grabbed my stuffs and bid everyone goodbye before leaving.

I walked to the café we decided to meet up because it's just a ten-minute walk from the company.

We chose not to pick me up infront of the company's building since our relationship is kind of a secret.

I already noticed his car parked outside the café when I arrived. I thought that he's just going to wait for me in the car but it seems like he's already inside the café. So I entered and looked for him.

There he is, drowned into his phone while sipping his beverage, oblivious of my presence.

I approached his table and sat opposite of him. He slowly looked up as he noticed the chair moving. He smiled at me while his lips are still attached to the straw of his drink.

He was about to raise his hand to call the waiter and order something for me but I immediately stopped him.

"I'll eat at home."

"Well, let's just have a takeout. Let's bring something for your siblings." He said and stood up, me following behind.

After ordering tons of foods, we left the café and drove away.

"Harin-ah... Seunghyun-ah.... meokja! (Let's eat.)" I announced as we entered the house.

"We're in the kitchen unni." Harin shouted. I put down my stuffs and dragged Jiyong to the kitchen with the foods we bought.

"Ji---" I stopped midsentence when I saw that not only my siblings are there.

"Youngbae-ah.." I called out for him and immediately let go of Jiyong's hand.

"Chaerin-ah.." he smiled at me.

Then he noticed Jiyong beside me and his smile instantly disappeared. "Oh. You're here."

Jiyong just smiled and waved back at him.

"What are you doing here?" He talked to him again, his voice is kinda insulting.

"Uhmmm..."

"He just wants to hangout." I answered for him.

"Then why can't he go with his girlfriend instead?"

"Why do you have so many questions?"

"Why are you raising your voice at me? I'm just asking a question."

"..."

"Look, bruh, if you don't want me to be here, then I'll leave. Just don't argue with her."

"NO! No one's leaving!" I shouted that echoed inside the kitchen.

"Unni, calm down." Harin interjected.

I heaved a sigh. "Alright.. let's just eat."

I put down the foods I have in hand and set the table, Harin helped me.

The whole dinner with everyone is so quiet. They just focused on their food, not daring to look up.

I slightly jumped out of my seat when I felt a sudden skinship.

I looked under the table and saw Jiyong's leg on top of mine. Good thing it's hidden behind the table cloth so no one can see it.

"You okay?" Youngbae eyed me.

"Huh? Y-yeah. I'm fine."

"You sure? You seemed not."

"Don't worry about me. I'm fine." I smiled.

"O..kay." then he resumed eating.

I nudged Jiyong under the table so he can put away his leg from me. Fortunately, he did so.

An hour passed and the boys are still here. We all decided to watch a movie since it's still early. I sat between Jiyong and Youngbae. Youngbae put his arm around my shoulder which he usually does.

I kinda felt awkward since Jiyong is beside. I wonder what he feels about it. But we both know we can't say or do anything since they don't know that we're together now.

I just hope nothing bad happens.

"Bruh, aren't you going home yet? You've been here for too long. Isn't your girlfriend going to find you?" Youngbae looked at him.

"Why are so eager to kick me out?" He snapped back.

I quickly glared at him and he stopped talking.

"Because I don't know why you're here in the first place. You want to hangout? Why not with your girlfriend? Or your friends? Why with Chaerin?"

"How 'bout you? Why are still here? Don't you have a house?"

I can feel the tension between them right now.

"Yah! Both of you. Could you please cut it out?! You both are not making any sense."

"Whatever. I'm leaving." Youngbae grabbed his jacket and bag and stormed out of the house.