CHAPTER 49 - ONLY I DIDN'T KNOW

CHAERIN'S POV

"Thanks Minho." I got off of the car and entered the building but then I immediately looked at him when I heard him chuckled.

"Why chuckle huh?"

He turned off the engine and got off too. "Chae... I work here too, remember?"

"Oh yeah. I almost forgot. Sorry"

"Nahhh... It's fine. Let's go."

We walked side by side through the hallway until I reached my area.

"Thanks for the ride Minho." I smiled at him and turned around to place my bag on my chair but U felt someone held my wrist.

"Jamkkanman." I heard his voice and I turned around to hear what he'll say. He looked at me for a good few seconds then smiled. I raised an eyebrow at him, confused of what he's doing.

But instead, I felt something soft on my cheeks.

I was taken aback with what he did that I wasn't able to move for a while.

When he realized my reaction and his action, he scratched the back of his head and looked down. "Oh s-sorry bout that. I didn't me---"

"No no no. It's okay Minho. Don't apologize. I was just taken aback. No harm done." I smiled at him for reassurance.

"Uhh..."

"I told you it's fine. Go on now. They must be looking at you at your area." I waved at him goodbye.

"Ne. I'll drive you back home, okay?" I nodded then he left.

My gaze followed him until he turned and disappeared from my sight. And when I was about to turned around, a familiar figure standing at far left corner caught my attention.

I saw him looking at my direction. I slowly looked to my back to see if there's someone behind me, but there's none. I kept my gaze at him and he did the same at me. I think we've been like that for a minute until I broke the gaze and turned around to sit on my chair and started working.

I was busy with my paperworks when someone interrupted me by placing a cup of coffee on my table. I looked up to see who it is and smiled immediately when I see who it is. "Hey."

"Hi unni. It's been a while since I see you here. Where have you been?"

"Well..  Mr. Park gave me a flexible schedule. He made me be in control of my days of work." I explained to her.

She nodded. "Lucky you. I wish I could have that power too."

I smiled at her. "Don't worry. Who knows, he might do that to you too."

"Ne. Anyways... have you heard the news?"

"News?"

She nodded. "Yes. It's the talk of the town now."

"What do you mean?"

She looked at me, surprised. "You mean you really don't know?"

"Minji-ah... If i do, would I be this curious?"

"Well..." She shrugged. "Arasseo. Arasseo." She grabbed an empty chair and sat beside me. She took a deep sigh before continuing. "Mr. Kwon and Ms. Park are engaged."

"Yes they a--- WAIT WHAT?!"

She just nodded. "President Park announced it yesterday and he's inviting all of us to attend."

"Oh." I mumbled. "When will it be though?"

"Next month."

My eyes widen "Seriously?!" She nodded again. She looked around and stood up immediately. "I better get going now unni. I'll talk to you later."