CHAPTER 35 - DATE WITH THEM (PART 1)

I rummaged my closet, looking for a decent yet stylish clothes to wear.

Jiyong and I are going out today.

I chose to wear something simple, just a black longsleeved shirt, jean shorts and a pair of pumps.

I was doing my hair and makeup on my mini vanity in my room when I heard a my phone notification. I stood up and went to grab it on my bed.

*1 new message

From:  Sun

Hey! Wanna hangout today?

Seems like this guy doesn't have anything to do today. I may want to go with him, but Ji asked first.

To: Sun

Mian. I already have plans today. :(

From: Sun

Ok.

I put back my phone on the bed then continued doing my makeup.

I just find it weird. Youngbae never replies to me like that. It is always like he was sending me novels because his replies are so long that it took me a while to reply. Well... I think he's just not in the mood to to do that today.

*rings*

"Yeoboseyo?"

"Hey.. you ready?"

"Almost. Wae? You're here already?"

"Almost. I'm almost at the corner. Just go down, kay? I won't be knocking anymore."

"Okay."

I finished myself faster then grabbed my bag before going down.

"Seunghyun-ah... I'll be out the whole day. Take care of your sister. And BEHAVE." I ruffled his hair before going out.

I saw Jiyong's car not far from our house. I entered his car to be welcomed by a very handsome human being.

"Looking good today aye.." I teased.

"Who are you?" He asked me, confused.

I raised my eyebrow. "Huh?"

"Who are you? What have you done to my girlfriend?"

"Ji..."

He chuckled. "Just kidding. You look beautiful today."

"Am I not always?"

He pecked my lips without warning. "You always look beautiful in my eyes. It's just that today, you're more beautiful."

"Stop. I'm not into cheesy lines, Ji."

"Hehe. Sorry, I am not too."

"So... where to?"

He smiled. "You'll see." Then he started the engine and drove off.

He stopped the car infront of a big house. "Yours?" I asked.

"Hmm... kinda." He turned off the engine and unbuckled his seatbelt. "Let's go." He got out of the car and open the door for me.

"Thanks."

"C'mon.. let's get inside." He held my hand and we both marched towards the gate.

He rang the doorbell and after a few seconds, someone opened it for us.

"Welcome, young man. And... hello there, pretty lady." The lady in casual clothing greeted us.

"Ahjumma... she's Chaerin, my girlfriend."

"Oh! Hello, Chaerin. Nice meeting you. You're such a pretty lady."

"Chae.. she's our nanny. She's been with us for as long as I can remember." He introduced her to me.

I smiled shyly and bowed for respect. "Annyeonghaseyo."

She smiled so genuinely to me. "You're a very cute and shy person, I see."

"Uhh.. I hate to cut you off, ahjumma, but... is everything ready?"

"Oh! Yes yes! Come on.. let's get you both inside. I'm sure you're already starving." She gestured us to enter first.

Jiyong never lets go of my hand nor left my side ever since we came. I wander my eyes around as we sit on the couch to see wonderful and expensive-looking furnitures and paintings.

He tapped my hand to give him my attention. "Hm?" I asked.

"What are you looking at?" He asked.

"Ahh.. nothing. Just amazed how your house looks so extravagant. Makes me wonder why you still want to work when you can just lay down on your bed all day and not worry about anything at all."

He chuckled. "I can't believe that the last sentence really came from you when in fact, you're just the same as me." He paused for a moment and just stared into my eyes. "Babe... I'm not working because I need to. I am because I don't want to be a burden. I want to be independent. Because everything I learned will just go to waste if I don't use it."

"Well.. you got a point there." I agreed.

"Plus... this is not my house."

"What?"

He nodded. "This is my parents' house."

"You serious?" My face got a little unexplainable.

"Yes. We're going to have lunch with them and my sister. They invited me yesterday so I decided to take you with me. Wae? Is there something wrong?"

"Nothing.. it's just.. you could've just told me where were going. Look at me, I look like a mess. I'm just wearing this." I pointed at my clothes. "I don't look presentable to them."

He smiled at me. "Babe... since when did you worry about what you're wearing? Look at me... I know that no matter what you look, I'm sure they'll like you." He pecked my lips. "I promise."

"Uhh.. alright."

"Sir, ma'am, lunch is served." Another lady went to us.

"Okay... we'll be there." He said and she left. He stood up and offered his hand. "Come on. Let's go meet them." He said with a reassuring smile so it'll make me calm inside.

He lead us to the dining area and being a gentleman he is, he assisted me to sit on the chair before sitting next to me.

Moments after, I heard little noises coming near us. And soon, it revealed a couple, not that old but is old enough to call them as parents. We both stood up and bowed at them. Jiyong went to them and gave them a hug before going back beside me.

They sat opposite to us and it makes me kinda awkward and uneasy.

"Hello there." His mom greeted me. "Adeul (son), why won't you introduce her to us?"

"Uh. ne. Umma, appa.. this is Lee Chaerin. She's my girlfriend."

"Annyeonghaseyo. Nice meeting you, bumonim." I bowed and gave them a warm sweet smile.

"I like your smile, darling. You're so cute." His father complimented.

"Thank you, sir."

"No. Just call us mom and dad. We don't mind. Right, honey?" He looked at his wife and she agreed.

"Sorry, I'm late. What did I miss?" Another unfamiliar voice echoed the room, revealing a woman, which I assume is his sister because they so much look alike but only older.

"Nothing, Dami. You're just in time." His mom commanded.

Then her eyes landed on me. "Uhh..." she started, still finding words to speak.

"My girlfriend, noona. Lee Chaerin." Jiyong cut him off.

"Oh. Hello." She smiled at me and I gladly smiled back.

"Meokja!" His dad announced and we all dig in