CHAPTER 50 - THE SAD TRUTH

I woke up with a loud sound coming from my phone. I picked it up and answered it without even looking at the caller.

"Hmm?"

"Oh. Did I wake you up?"

"Hmm..."

"I'm sorry."

"It's okay. What's up?"

"Well... Can we go out today? I kinda have nothing to do so I wanna hangout with you today. Are you free?"

"I think so. I can skip work today since I don't wanna be there anyway."

"Hmm? Wae?"

"Stuffs... so... where are we going?"

"Dunno yet. We'll decide when I get there. I'll be there in an hour."

"Ne." then I ended the call.

I stood up after doing some stretching on my bed then went straight to the bathroom. It's been a while since me and Youngbae went out together. I mean since me and Jiyong started dating, I seldom spent some of my time with my bestfriend.

But now that we broke up, I finally can be with him again anytime I want.

I picked random clothes in my closet since I'm too lazy to pick and Youngbae is used to see me in casual clothing.

I received a text from him saying that he's already near so I immediately went downstairs and wait for him in the living room.

*dingdong*

He's here.

I grabbed my purse and opened the door and met my eyesmiling best friend. I hugged him tight as soon as I saw him which made him feel slightly taken aback from my action because I heard him gasped but I don't care because I really do missed him.

"Uhhmmm..."

"Shhhh.. Just let me hug you."

"O---kay..."

After ten seconds, I pulled away and looked at him in the eyes and smiled genuinely.

"Uhhhmm.. You okay, Chae?" He looked at me with full of confusion.

I nodded. "Yup. Never better. C'mon!" I went to his car and entered, leaving him still standing in front of my door. I looked back at him and smiled. "Ya! What are you waiting for? Let's go!" I gestured him to come and enter his car which he did a few seconds after.

He entered his car and looked at me again with the same reaction.

"What?" I asked with a little irritated voice.

He shrugged and started the engine. "Nothing." And he started driving.

"So.... Where are we going?"

"Dunno... Where you wanna go?"

"What the--- you interrupted my sleep cuz you said you wanna hangout but you don't know where to go? Aishhh..."

I heard him chuckle. "Chill, Chae. Aren't you still used to it? We always do that. Going out without a specific place to go. Just enjoying each other's company until we find a place to stop by."