CHAPTER 53 - REVELATION

CHAERIN'S POV

I saw Youngbae walking towards my direction while waving at me. I waved back happily because he still made it even for the last few seconds before I leave and at the same time, I'm sad because I don't know when we'll see each other again. He can't go with us even if he wanted to because his parents need him to run their company here in Seoul.

I looked back at my siblings and told them that I'll follow in a few moments just lend a few more seconds to him.

But as I was nearing him, he took a few step sideways revealing someone familiar behind him making me halt my steps.

"J-Jiyong?" I mumbled with eyes wide.

--------------------

YOUNGBAE'S POV

After leaving Chaerin's house, I quickly entered my car and  drove somewhere. I lied to her that my dad needs me tomorrow morning in the company. Instead, I'm going to meet someone else.

I reached the place where we decided to meet up and searched for an empty and not so crowded part. I took a sit and waited and after a few minutes, a man stood up in front of me with an unexplainable expression.

"Take a sit." I told him which he gladly obliged. "Want something to drink?" I offered him the menu.

"No. Can you do this quick because I still have to be elsewhere." He said in an intimidating tone.

I scoffed a little and nodded. "Sure." With that said, I pulled out a sealed envelope and hand it to him.

"What is this?" He eyed the brown thing without even touching it.

"Just open it."

He hesitated to do what I said at first, but after a while, he took it and opened it. I observed him as he peeked what's inside it before taking it all out.

His eyes widened while taking a very close look at each and every piece of paper he's holding. "What the-- what's the meaning of this?" He landed his eyes on mine while he showed me what he just saw. "What the hell is this?" His voice got a little louder.

I took a deep sigh before starting to talk. But before I even managed to say a word, he cut me off. "These are all bullshits. These are not true. You're just trying to ruin our relationship. She even used you to make this fake pictures to make me go back to her."

His last sentence made my blood boil. "Look Jiyong, everything you saw is true. Your soon-to-be wife used me to make your relationship with Chaerin look like a complete joke because she knows that I love her, not just as friends. She used me to make it look like she's cheating on you so you'll break up with her and then she'll convince you to go back with her. I don't even know why I let her use me. And now I regret doing that."

"Tsk. Then what about that Minho guy, huh? He's always  with her too. I even saw them two alone frequently. Tell me what's that about."

I let out a soft chuckle at how he's reacting towards everything. "Minho.... he's just a friend. A really close friend of ours. We three grew up together. And she already has a girlfriend." I explained.

"I still don't believe it. If he has a girlfriend, then why hang out with her?"

"Because her girlfriend knows Chaerin. She's also a friend of ours back in high school and she knows that me and Minho are very close with Chaerin that's why she's not worried with him being with her even if they had a thing in the past."

"But I still won't belie---"

"Look Jiyong... If you keep on insisting that those pictures and information aren't true, then might as well leave now. But don't blame me if you realized that you're already late to do something about it."

He gave me a look of confusion. "Huh? What do you mean by that?"

"Chaerin and her siblings will leave tomorrow for Japan. And they won't be returning her anymore."

"Wait what?!"

"You heard me right. She told me that it's better if she won't see you again because it'll just make her life more miserable than it already is. She decided to start a new life to where her family is so she'll forget everything about you."

"You're kidding me right?"

I shook my head. "Sadly, I'm not. You hurt her real bad and I hate you for doing that because you just wasted something that is precious to me. I love her but she loves you but you're just too blind to see it. And now she's leaving and she'll never come back again. You're too naïve to realize how sad and hurt she was when you accused her of cheating. You're too naïve to realize how much she cried when you broke up with her. And you're too naïve to realize how much she loves you. I don't even know why I want to say these to you...." I paused and took a deep breath. "Maybe because even if it hurts to know that she will never be mine, I still want her to be happy again. And only you Jiyong can do that. But I guess it's too late now because you're getting married tomorrow. And the girl isn't her." After my speech, I stood up and slightly bowed and left him still sitting there, dumbfounded of everything I've said.

-------------------------

"Where the hell is he?" I keep tapping the steering wheel while looking around, trying to find him. I sighed in frustration. "I guess he changed his mind." I mumbled.

But I spoke too soon.

I saw him sprinting his way towards my car and after a few seconds he got in while breathing heavily.

"What took you so long?"

"Sorry. I just got caught in a traffic."

"Aish... Whatever. Put your seatbelts on." Then I started the engine and drove off to the airport.

"Do you think she's still not boarding yet?" He asked worriedly.

"I  can't assure you but let's just hope she still doesn't." I pressed on the gas to increase the speed.

In a few moments, we arrived at the airport and quickly got out of the car and ran inside to reach her in time.

I looked at the lounge and saw no trace of her.

"Shoot. They must've boarded already." I told myself but I still don't gave up on searching for her until I saw a blonde petite girl walking towards the entrance to board.

"Chae!" I shouted her name, enough for her to hear. After a few shouts, she turned around and I waved at her and I'm glad she even gave me a few more moments to talk to her.

She walked towards me and that gave me the cue to do what I have to do.

I took a step sideways to reveal the man behind me. I saw her stopped her tracks and mumbled something while her eyes got big.

Mixed emotions can be read on her face. Sadness at the same time, shocked, at the same time, happiness. But I'm sure, happiness rules over the others.

I'm glad that even before we go separate ways, I still made her happy even for a few seconds.

Even if I'm not the reason why.