RUNAWAY

(g!p)
I slid into my seat at the board, preparing myself for another two hour long meeting that I had no intent of listening to and let my mind wander the second I sat down. My mind automatically went to my lovely wife, Camila, our two children, and that insanely hyper puppy the brown eyed woman insisted was 'for the kids'. However, I knew she'd wanted one forever and she was just attempting to relive her childhood again, and I wouldn't stop her from it- even if she did choose the most hyperactive pup possible.
Speaking of Camila, I hadn't been able to spend any quality time with her for over a month now. The only time we were able to spend with each other was when we're asleep and cuddled up one another. I'd never it admit to Camila but I've stayed up just to relish in the feel of her in my arms with her breath hitting my neck.
I missed her. I missed her morning kisses and the way we were before we had kids.
Don't get me wrong, I love those little rascals with all my heart, but they've stolen nearly all of Camila's time and energy- time that I'd love to spend talking with her, kissing her, and just openly loving her with no limits again.
"Mrs. Cabello-Jauregui?" Some wrinkly old man broke me out of my thoughts.
"Hm?" I raised an eyebrow and looked up to the presentation for the first time.
"You think if we add an extra hundred thousand to funding and sell Houston's east location to manufacturing we could have the Hollywood location up and running by December?"
"I, we could-" I cleared my throat and made an attempt to look like I knew what the fuck was going on. "We could use a factory in Houston, so keep the location and just make an order for machinery parts and all. As for funding and the new branch, we're actually really close to being operational. I'm pretty sure all we're waiting on is the contractor's signature for the aquatic tunnel entrance- so we don't need the funding. Either save it or write it out for Houston, I don't know."
"Excuse me, ma'am, but we're close to opening?" Another one of my employee's pitchy tone asked hesitantly. "Is there a reason this information was kept from us?"
"Yes, Mr. Mendes," I made no attempt to hide the annoyance in my tone and made eye contact with the young man who immediately recoiled under my gaze. "If I told you all before this you would stop working on our shitty communication system thinking it's all good over in Cali- which for the record, it is, I fixed their wiring plan myself on my downtime and had Josh implement it as soon as possible. But its custom to Hollywood's layout, so the system is still shitty here and you need to get on it before I lose my fucking mind."
I blew out a breath of air heavily and clenched my jaw in attempt to keep my thoughts in my head rather than voicing them and dragging every single one of my employees' asses with it.
"And if it's done why have you not cancelled all these meetings on it?" A bald man on the other side of the table questioned cockily with a small smirk present on his face.
"Because you idiots need to be kept on track," I fired back, watching his face falter immediately. "Except for Kelly and Frangipane- you two will be getting raises next month. You're both doing a great job. Ashley, you're design layouts for future locations are incredible and will definitely be put to use and I'm promoting you to manager of layout design- so Shawn, you can either take her old spot or go and bitch somewhere else. Tori, you're an amazing secretary and I know you can't exactly be promoted but I'll be giving you a raise and an extra week of vacation," I smiled at the two girls before turning to look at Shawn's bewildered face, only furthering my amused smile.
I briefly heard Ashley and Tori express their thanks, along with Ashley asking for a day off sometime soon for a record audition nearby which I waved off and gave her all the time she needed.
"Me? Bitching?" Shawn said as I stood up to leave. "I don't bitch."
"Oh no, you definitely bitch buddy," I called over my shoulder and made my way to my office to collect my belongings before heading home for the day.
***
"Mommy!" I heard a loud voice coming down the stairs as I shrugged off my bag and slipped out of my heels. "Mama, Mama! Mommy's home!"
"She is?" I heard my wife's voice following the small boy making his way down the steps. I resisted the need to feel Camila's lips against mine and crouched at the bottom of the stairs right as our son jumped into my arms. "Lauren, you're home early," Her face broke into a genuine smile and she sat on the bottom step watching us.
"I know, work got a little chaotic," I shrugged and kissed our son's soft dark hair. "How was your day, buddy? Did mama bring you to the park like you wanted?"
"No," He pouted and I almost melted at the sight. He definitely inherited Camila's pout. "She said her head hurted but then she put on Nemo! The little orange fishie movie."
"That sounds fun," I ruffled his hair and stood up to hold the little boy on my hip. "Is mama feeling better now?" I asked and glanced at Camila who looked almost guilty as she stood up to follow me into our bedroom.
"I dunno she didn't say," The green eyed boy said distractedly.
"Camz?" I whispered to her as I set the boy down on our bed.
"I'm fine," She whispered back and went to grab a pair of sweats and a shirt for me. I chuckled as she came out with her favorite sleep wear of mine- my nearly see through loose tank along with low rise sweats. I kissed her on the cheek quickly and was surprised when my wife turned her head and grabbed the back of my neck to pull me in towards her lips. She immediately probed her tongue into my mouth and I could barely keep up with her vigorous pace.
What had gotten into her?
We only broke apart when we heard a giggle coming from the bed behind us.
"Jaxon," Camila groaned and looked to me in her flustered state, her eyes ablaze with a fire I hadn't seen in forever. I raised an eyebrow but turned around quickly, flashing our son a few peek-a-boo's before I entered the bathroom to change.
I faintly heard Camila talking to Jaxon about Nemo before their footsteps retreated down the hallway towards the stairs again. I wandered back out into our room after I changed and threw my clothes into the dirty basket before biting my lip and moving to rummage through Camila's nightstand drawers in search of her journal. Most would see it as childish, but I always read her journal- and I knew she knew. After all, she reads my journal and I know. We'd both leave each other little notes at the end of entries, varying from 'I love you' to 'I didn't do that!'. We both loved it.
She had her usual book stacked over the small journal and I slid it to the side in order to grab what I was here for but was surprised when I found a stack of old photos. I grabbed them in curiosity and flipped through all of them slowly, examining every possible detail of our younger selves' joy and happiness. I stopped and almost choked when I saw the pictures Vero had taken when she stormed into our hotel room unannounced to catch us in the act. She'd quickly yelled at me to get my mouth off of Camila's 'coochie' and pay attention but only after she snapped multiple pictures of us claiming we'd thank her later.
The one I was currently looking at was one of my arms crossed over Camila's exposed chest with my face buried in the crook of her neck, barely showing my smile, while Camila was in the process of pulling her knees up to her chest and laughing as she scrambled to grab the covers to cover herself. She failed, seeing as the picture showed us from the hips up, with my chest pressed up against her back and my arms covering her breasts. It was blurry but we were both so happy, so carefree.
It was obvious in just a glance at the photo that we were completely and utterly in love and happier than ever. And now I'm beyond glad Vero took those pictures. The brunette was right when she said we'd thank her later. It wasn't grotesque or explicit and perfectly captured the love and affection we had for each other in just on picture, despite how flustered we were that we'd been caught out.
I shook my head and moved to grab my wife's journal to flip open to look for a new entry, and sure enough there it was. And so I read it.
3/7/23
I'm not sure if you still read these seeing as you haven't written those little 'I love you's or 'You're so cute's in a while, but I'm writing this to you anyways. And to my future self in hopes we'll get our shit together. Anyways here goes.
So I don't want to sound bitchy or needy or anything but yeah... My birthday was a few days ago and I appreciate you made that reservation and asked my parents to watch Jai and Jaxon, but I barely even got to spend time with you. You worked so late I couldn't even stay up until you came home. I was alone on my birthday, Lauren. And I don't want to sound like some needy wife, but I really wanted to at least have that dinner with you, and then more.
I miss you. I miss kissing you, going shopping with you, cuddling with you so freely, and having sex with you- as vulgar as it sounds. I just miss being close to you and I really want a few days where it's just us, the boys, and maybe even Jemma.
Also, I kinda sorta maybe did something really stupid.
Soooo, I booked a flight to St. Lucia for the week of your birthday. I booked the resort and all, we'll be there for 9 days and I got Ally to watch Jemma for us. If you don't read these anymore I have no idea how I'll tell you because I've never been good at making spontaneous decisions like you, let alone without you. But just to make it clear you're coming with us, I don't know if that was clear or not so yeah.
Basically, your wife made another dumb decision and she's asking you to take work off to go runaway. And sex. Lots of sex.
I love you Lauren,
Camila xx
I finished with a gulp and a guilty sigh before scrawling a small im sorry and an i love you too. I placed her journal back in the drawer and closed it before slowly making my way downstairs to find my wife holding Jaxon up on the kitchen counter while she danced to his singing, feeding him bites of applesauce every now and then. The brown eyed woman spotted me and seemed to grow shyer with her movements concerning our son under my gaze.
She stopped doing the "airplane" to the three year old's protest and stilled her hips as she danced along to Jaxon's song about Jemma the rainbow puppy. Her eyes shined with insecurity as she took in my appearance. The picture Vero took so many years ago was still wedged in my pocket, one corner sticking out to show our old smiles, and I knew my wife knew I'd read her letter.
Her big brown eyes were shining in insecurity, nervousness, and what looked to be unshed tears and I knew I had to talk to her as soon as possible rather than waiting until the boys are put to bed in over four hours. In fact, Jai was still at school.
Shit, I really did come home early.
"Hey, Jaxon?" I questioned softly and lifted him from the counter. He whined but I quickly moved to the living room and turned on the TV to distract him for the time being. "Can you stay here while I talk to Mama?"
"Only if you get Daxon," He nodded proudly at his ability to say his teddy bears name and sunk into the couch cushions. I smiled and ruffled his hair before walking into his room to grab the blue bear. I threw it at him playfully, earning a scream before the boy's giggles filled the room again. "Oh! Where's Jemma? I want her too."
"Whatever you say buddy, one second," I went and opened the backdoor to call for the hyper puppy. She came bounding in in a blur of golden fur as she immediately jumped up onto the couch and licked Jaxon's face.
"Jemma! Thank you mommy," The green eyed boy beamed and wrestled with the pup.
We should probably train her.
"Hey, Camz?" I walked into the kitchen only to find it empty. I furrowed my brows and waved at our giggling and squealing son as I walked towards the stairs before moving into Camila and I's bedroom. Sure enough, the brunette was there, sitting in bed cross-legged with her journal laid out in front of her.
"I'm sorry," She blurted. "I shouldn't have even written that. It was inconsider-"
"Camz," I cut her off and fell into bed beside her, placing a kiss on her cheek as I settled. "I'm glad you wrote it. I know I fucked up on your birthday- like big time- but if you're worried I'd say no to Saint Lucia... I'll tell you now I'd absolutely love a vacation," I smiled and felt the brunette relax under my hands. "I'll let everyone know I'll be gone for as long as you want next week, and since it's so in advance I can ask Chris or Taylor to manage it while we're gone, seeing as a majority of my employees are ignorant little dimwits."
Camila laughed and turned over to face me in the bed, her wide smile and affectionate eyes beaming up at me.
"You actually want to go?" She asked softly. I hummed and nodded, earning a sigh of relief from Camila. "Thank God, I didn't know what I'd do if you wouldn't have wanted to seeing as the last spontaneous decision I made was adopting Jemma. You made me clean the floors every single day for a whole month," The brown eyed woman pouted and I playfully smacked her shoulder.
"Yeah, I've warmed up to her a little bit," I admitted. "But I still don't like the fact that she drools on the furniture and floors."
"She's cute, though," Camila whined and moved to straddle me. "Almost as cute as you." I smirked at her shift and jutted my hips up to meet her clothed center briefly. She blushed and gasped slightly before looking behind her towards the door to make sure Jaxon wasn't near out of habit- we didn't need the boys walking in on us in such compromising positions again.
"You said you missed kissing me? And having sex with me?" I dropped my voice a little bit and pushed myself up to lean against the headboard. She became bashful and doubtful yet again so I quickly jumped in before she'd get too upset. "I have too, trust me. Work has been crazy with setting up new locations and funding and all that fun stuff. But Hollywood's branch will probably open in September if everything goes right with Ashley's new design plans for our office buildings."
"Who's Ashley?" Camila said distractedly and toyed with the strings on my sweatpants. I chuckled at her obvious jealousy and kissed her rather passionately, to which she reciprocated eagerly, before answering her.
"Just the new manager of layout design, but I think she's doing some music thing on the side," I whispered to keep the brunette on top of me relatively calm. "So if she blows up and becomes a major artist she'd no doubt drop this- but she's by far the most amazing architectural design planner we've had."
"Mhmm," Camila hummed and leaned back to rest her butt on my thighs, bringing a hand up to my hip slowly. I resisted the urge to laugh at her obvious intentions and pulled her by the back of her neck in for a slow kiss.
"So... you said you missed sex?" I repeated and kept my voice low when our lips parted and smiled when I heard Camila mumble what sounded like a 'yes' against my neck. "I know something we can do about that."
"Yeah?" My wife breathed out against my lips. "And what is that?"
"It involves your clothes on the floor, my mouth all over your skin. Maybe my cock buried deep inside you," I whispered as I kissed along her neck before stopping at the top of her left breast over her shirt with a less seductive tone. "And a closed door."
"Lauren," The brunette groaned but maneuvered herself off of me and peeked over the railing to make sure Jaxon was occupied.
"Mama, Look at Jemma!" The small boy yelled when he saw my wife's face over the railing. "She is asleep up high!"
I groaned and raised an eyebrow at his statement and walked over to the railing when Camila waved me over with an amused smile. Sure enough, there was our insane little puppy sleeping up in the bookshelves behind the couch.
"Oh my God," I mumbled and dropped my head onto Camila's shoulder to stifle a laugh and another groan. "She's an idiot."
"We'll get her down later, okay J?" Camila said back and subconsciously leaned her head to rest on mine. "Mommy and I need to do something and if you interrupt us it'll take longer- which means longer until you and your brother get ice cream!" Camila said enthusiastically.
"I want ice cream now though," He whined and rolled over in his spot. "But what's mommy and you doing?" The three year old asked curiously as his attention shifted from Jemma, to the TV, then his bear, and then us.
"Secret stuff," I spoke for Camila and gave him a thumbs up only to see our son had lost interest in the conversation already.
"Nice save," Camila mumbled with an amused smile as we walked back into our room and shut the door. And as soon as the door closed Camila grabbed onto my forearms and kissed me like her life depended on it.
I stumbled backwards as her body collided with mine but I was able to recover and lift her up by her thighs to carry her to our bed. She let out a small giggle when we landed ungracefully, with my chest now hovering over her face.
"Stop giggling," I groaned playfully, "You can't be cute and sexy at the same time. It's not fair."
I grinned when I saw her smiling bashfully as she ducked her head to hide her blush. I still managed to have the same effect on her after over ten years and that made me so incredibly happy I couldn't even describe the feeling in actual words.
"I love you," I kissed her forehead before moving to remove our shirts.
"I love you too," The brunette was a blushing mess all of the sudden and it was endearing as hell. "You haven't told me you loved me since January," She laughed to cover up her shaky voice, but even after all these years I could see right through her.
"No," I furrowed my brows. "I've texted you and I... I've said it, I swear."
"You haven't said it out loud though," She smiled a little sadly and shimmied out of her pants as we spoke. After all, we were a bit short on time. "I started to think you fell out of love with me."
"Babe, no- I can't even think about you without the word love automatically coming to mind," I kissed her and saw her smile before tugging at my remaining clothing. I slipped my sweatpants off hastily along with my boxer briefs, leaving me naked in the semi cold room. I helped Camila remove her bra and panties, throwing them to the side of the room before snaking a hand down to my wife's clit- best get to it right?
"That feels amazing, babe, but it's fucking freezing in here," She whispered and wrapped her legs around my waist as I lazily grinded my hardening member against her.
"Under the covers?" I mumbled against her neck as I nipped at the soft tan skin.
"No, that's for old people," Camila whined and I pulled back to look at her in amusement.
"Camz, I don't know if it's hit you yet, but we're almost thirty," I chuckled at her pout that followed my statement. "If you're cold let's just do it, I don't care- just wanna make you feel good."
"Okay," Camila said softly and shifted to move under the covers as I pressed my body to hers as she pulled the covers up. She took my lips in hers in a sweet kiss as I ran the tip of my erect member through her folds, earning a quiet whimper from the woman beneath me.
The brunette bucked her hips involuntarily and her lips disconnected with mine when I grazed her clit, causing her a sharp intake of breath as she reveled in the feeling. I lazily moved my lips to mouth at her neck, wary of the fact that our sons would ask questions about any visible marks, and eased my length inside the velvety walls of my mewling wife.
"Lauren," She sighed and dug her heels into my lower back as I started up a steady pace. I groaned at the feeling of finally being this close to her again and smiled when I heard Camila let out a breathy moan, careful to keep the volume low seeing as our son is downstairs.
I was already so incredibly close it was almost embarrassing, but I held out and continued my thrusts with a more aggressive sway. She voiced her appreciation of the increased pressure and subconsciously pushed her hips up to meet mine in search for more friction. I went in and kissed her as I snaked a hand between us and down to her damp folds, skillfully rubbing circles over her clit just as she wanted. Her movements were messy as she became closer to her high but I slowed the kiss down so I was the one in control, manipulating her lips against mine in a pleasurable dance.
"Oh," She whimpered when my thrusts moved to hit her g-spot and continued to hit it. "I- Lauren, I'm close."
"Mhmm," I hummed against her skin. "Me too."
Camila moaned rather loudly when I moved my head down to mouth at her breasts, combined with the pleasure from my other ministrations she was no doubt extremely close- and I could feel it in the way her walls kept clenching around me.
"Cmon Camz," I murmured and ran my thumb over her nipple with my free hand. "Cum for me."
"Oh my, Lauren," She panted and I immediately brought a hand up to cover her mouth in attempts to lower her volume with a small giggle. The brown eyed woman attempted a glare but she was too far gone to the world to properly perform it and instead only managed to bite my palm to muffle a moan as her orgasm came over her.
I moved my face to nuzzle her neck and lazily pumped in and out of her to draw out her orgasm for as long as possible, not even focusing on my own pleasure any longer. I slowed my strokes and circled her clit gently as I kissed my way around her neck and chest. She was whimpering every now and then and twitched as she went through the aftershocks and it took absolutely everything in me not to start pounding her to reach my own orgasm.
Once her walls stopped fluttering around my hard length I picked up my thrusting, slowly at first as to not overstimulate the brunette, but also just enough to tease myself to no ends.
"Baby?" I murmured as I held myself up by my forearms.
"Hm?" She smiled deliriously and opened her eyes. I cooed at the sight and kissed her temple.
"Can I...?" I asked hesitantly. I knew she knew exactly what I was referring to, every time I tried to wait it out and not cum before my wife I'd be left in a predicament- Camila was so sensitive and I still needed to cum. And with time, the brown eyed girl came to conclusion I just, and I quote, wasn't 'smart enough' to realize that she was more than okay with me cumming with her or even before her. So she would either suck me off or wait a few minutes to go another round or two and let me pound her.
"Mhmm," Camila hummed and clenched her walls with a small smirk before leaning up to kiss me passionately. I groaned at the feeling and felt myself release instantly, spilling my seed inside of my wife who was currently smiling in amusement against my lips at the sensation of being filled up. Once again, she took my breath away and I was barely able to keep up with her fast paced kiss as I came down from my high.
When our lips separated my wife's brown eyes sparkled mischievously as she leaned up to whisper in my ear.
"Go ahead, baby," She husked. "Pound me. Fill me up with your cum again."
I groaned and immediately dropped my slow pace in place for a rather fast one. Camila moaned deliciously at the dominance I was showing and wrapped her legs around my waist yet again. Her hands were tangled in my hair and roaming up and down my back as her nails scraped at my soft skin, only surging my arousal on.
I bit down on my wife's shoulder to stifle a rather loud moan and relished in the way her hot breathy moans were hitting my neck every time I thrusted back in. The realization occurred to me that Camila was actually being aroused from this and probably building her up yet again, so I snaked one hand down to toy with her clit as I mindlessly pounded her. Our hips were making lewd noises and I couldn't focus on anything but pleasure in that moment- which is probably why I didn't hear Camila's phone go off or our son knocking on our bedroom door patiently.
"Mama! Mommy!" I heard Jaxon's small voice at our door which was, thankfully, still shut.
I looked to Camila in slight panic and saw her eyes widen and her mouth agape- that could be from moaning though. I stopped my movements abruptly and pulled out of my wife's sopping channel despite both of our wishes.
"They're such cockblocks," Camila whined. "And you've had blue balls countless times thanks to them so why am I being more affected by this than you?" The brown eyed woman mumbled as I chuckled softly and shrugged.
"Yeah buddy?" I called back to the dark haired boy. "Are you okay?"
"Yes, I am one hundred percent good!" He shouted back and I silently thanked him for not opening the door. "But I heard noises. From up here I think. Are there ghosts? I want to have a ghost friend," Jaxon mindlessly started rambling and I quickly slipped on a pair of baggy sweats and a hoodie before checking Camila was covered by the sheets on the bed.
She smiled and sat up against the headboard and grabbed her phone, holding the covers up over her chest and shoulder where I accidently ended up leaving a bite mark and I opened the door to let our son in. I laughed when he rolled backwards as he was leaning against the door but quickly went to pick him up and set him on our bed when Camila scolded me for laughing at his clumsiness.
"He probably got it from you," I mumbled and rolled into the bed beside Camila with Jaxon between my feet.
"I heard that!" Camila pouted and went back to scrolling through her phone.
"Sorry, I love you," I kissed her temple. "And if it counts for anything your clumsiness is endearing."
"I love you too," She murmured quickly and shifted the sheets to cover herself more. "But I'm not en-"
"Mama? Why do you have no clothes on your shoulders?" Jaxon cut her off and rolled onto his stomach to fiddle with my toes.
"I-"
"She took a shower," I interrupted.
"Oh, clothes are gross after bathes," The brown eyed boy giggled as my wife and I shared a look of oh we know. "Mama do you think clothes are bad?"
"Yeah," Camila answered timidly and I cringed when I saw the sheets slip off her shoulder to reveal the bruising bite mark I left behind. "Wait, shit- Jaxon don't repeat that word. Babe, we have to go pick up Jai in five minutes," She gave me a pleading gaze and I understood immediately. I went and grabbed a pair of jeans and boxer briefs and changed in the walk in closet quickly.
"Whats a shit?" I heard Jaxon ask curiously. "And whys your shoulder purpley right there?" I came back out just in time to catch our son poking Camila's bite mark.
"Jaxon I told you not to repeat that word," Camila said sternly.
"Okay, but why? Is it bad?"
"Yes," Camila pulled the covers up again to cover the mark.
"Oh," He nodded and traced the patterns on our duvet. "Did a dinosaur bite you? Oh! Did the ghost touch you? Noah said if ghosts touch you you die. You won't die will you, Mama?"
I laughed as I grabbed my phone and a pair of converse before kissing Camila goodbye and wishing her luck with dealing with the little rascal while I was gone. This boy never stops talking.
"Wait! Mommy, I wanna go," Speak of the devil. "I wanna see Jai's classroom. He said there's a rainbow with their names on it and they have the cubby things."
"Okay," I nodded and held out my arms for him to jump into.
I stuck my tongue out at Camila who was now smirking and doing a little victory dance in bed, making the covers fall from her chest to reveal her naked breasts. I froze and looked away sharply before bringing our son downstairs and into the car. Just as I was starting the car and pulling out, Camila sent me a text.
The Wifey: thanks for taking him, i should rly get dressed and idk how id do it if he was there
The Wifey: & also we are so finishing that later tonight
I gulped and replied with a simple 'i love you' and a few words about how I'd be more than okay with her staying naked the rest of the night before I was off to retrieve rascal number two.
"Mommy," Jaxon's voice was less sharp and insistent which almost worried me before he spoke again. "Is Mama okay?"
"Why wouldn't she be?" I smiled and knew where this was going.
"The ghosts. They touched her I think. And Noah said you die if one touches you," The little boy worried.
"Mama's gonna be fine," I assured him and pulled into the parking lot of Jai's school. We unbuckled and I spoked as we walked towards the doors. "It's just a bruise. I bit her on accident because, uh, I thought there was a cookie there."
"You bit Mama?!" He shouted and I turned red seeing as we walked in the doors and one of the office ladies' sent me an amused look. "You told me I couldn't bite people! Why can you bite Mama?"
"There was a cookie there, buddy," I lied and turned into the hallway that had Jai's classroom. "I was biting the cookie not Mama. And you can't bite people because it's mean."
"But mommy," He whined and I shook my head amusedly before taking a seat at one of the tables near the room. "Is that his class?"
"Yeah, that one to the right of me," I pointed. "The one with Ms. Hansen? That's his teacher."
"I see it," He chirped and ran up to the small door window and stood on his tippy toes to get a look at the class.
"See Jai?" I asked curiously, I'd never picked up the boys from anything because of my work hours and experiencing the simple domesticated part of this was so amazing.
"Mhmm," The three year old nodded and pointed to the table in the far corner. "There he is, in the white."
I nodded and checked the time, noticing there was only a minute till they'd be released so I quickly picked up Jaxon and rested him on my hip before opening the door after waiting for the bell. I slipped into the room and moved to the side as several small children rushed to their cubbies to grab their backpacks.
I watched Jai curiously, amazed at the responsibility her seemed to carry when he helped another girl reach her bag and how he went up to the teacher himself to ask a question. I carefully walked into the clearing of the room and nearly cried at Jai's face when he saw me standing here instead of Camila.
"Mommy!" The five year old ran towards me and dropped his conversation with a friend. He wrapped his arms around my waist and rested his head on my tummy. "Why are you here? Is Mama okay?"
"Mama's fine, I got off work early so I picked you up," I smiled and ruffled his jet black hair. His dark eyes sparkled up at me as a smile nearly identical to Camila's overtook his face.
"Miss Dinah!" Jai shouted and I looked up to see his young blonde teacher waving as she walked over. "Look, this is my Mommy!"
"Hi, you must be Lauren?" The woman smiled and shook my hand briefly. "Jai talks about you a lot."
"Yeah," I smiled and placed a hand on Jai's shoulder while I shifted Jaxon on my hip. "Good things, I hope," I laughed and felt my phone buzz in my pocket. I subtly slid my phone into my hand and flipped it over to see Camila had sent me a picture, but what it contained made me nearly choke.
I quickly pushed my phone back into my pocket after I saw Camila's naked body on the screen with her fingers parting her folds with the caption actually i dont think i can wait till tonight i need u now.
I coughed and looked up to see Jai's teacher giving me a questioning look.
"I'm sorry, I- my wife just, she just, hm, texted me," I struggled and praised myself for turning my screen away from Jaxon when I opened it.
"Ah, Camila?" She nodded with a slightly amused look. I nodded and she definitely smirked this time. "She talks about you a lot, you know? It's really cute. She loves you a lot."
"I know, I love her too," I whispered and smiled to myself.
"Mhmm, did you two make up?"
"We weren't fighting?" I asked more so than stated.
"I know, Camila just said things were 'complicated' right now so I tried to give her a few tips to fix yalls relationship up," Dinah laughed.
"Oh, you two talk regularly?" I raise a brow.
"Yes! We text, I can't believe she hasn't mentioned it. I'm kind of annoying so I wouldn't be surprised if she's had a headache and said I was the reason," Dinah was waving and mouthing 'goddbye's to all the students as we continued to converse.
"I had no idea," I admitted.
"Ah, well I think she's taken my advice," She smirked and I became even more confused. "Have you two done the freaky within the last week?"
"Mommy whats the freaky?" Jaxon asked.
"Nothing, and, well we tried?" I raised my voice at the end out of embarrassment. "But wait, why was Camz telling you all this?"
"I'm not sure, to be honest," The teacher shrugged and rested her elbow on the bookshelf. "I think she just felt lonely and then I got everything out of her and gave her a few tips," She winked again. "And if that was her," She pointed to my phone. "I think she's getting to it."
"Oh," I nodded and looked around awkwardly. "Okay, well, um- thanks, I guess? I don't know this is kinda weird for me. Anyways," I dragged out and ruffled Jai's hair. "Jai here talks about class a lot, he really likes it."
"I know," The blonde smiled. "And I'm glad he likes it a lot. He's doing really well."
"Hmm," I hummed and shifted Jaxon on my hip. "That's good to here, and thank you. I've gotta get going, though- Camz needs help with this thing," I mumbled the last part and waved as I shuffled Jai and Jaxon towards the door after he slid out of my arms.
"Have fun helping her!" I heard Dinah laugh as we made our way out. I shook my head and continued towards the hallway. "I'm sure both of you will enjoy it!" I let out a little chuckle before making my way towards home with my boys to see my girl.