Chapter 4

Uruha's POV

"EH!?"

"What!?" Reita screamed and stood up after he heard our conversation.

"Reita, eavesdropping is bad." I said teasingly so Aika won't notice that I was plotting some plans.

"Please, tell me my ears are lying." Aoi begged. I shook my head and smiled at him. "Nope, what you heard is true."

"You are taking this too far, Kouyou." Reita hissed and glared at me. My patience was wearing thin. I've had enough of Reita. He was completely against my plans. I glared back at him as I walked towards the blonde and grabbed his shoulders.

"Just this once, will you please play along!? I'll make sure Kai cuts your throat if you ever go against my plans." I whispered. He simply nodded and sat back down.

Kai sighed, "Seriously Reita, you really have to follow what Uruha says. He is the student council president after all." He was still focused on his works. Reita mumbled something I didn't understand but I didn't care. I simply walked back to my seat. It was next to the nerd. How annoying.

She sat there like a statue. Her eyes were still wide. I went back to my act and smiled at her but she didn't respond. I raised an eyebrow and waved my hand in front of her face. She still didn't respond. "Aika." I coughed.

"Ay anak ng tipaklong na nakapalda!" She squealed. I raised an eyebrow because I had no idea what she said.

"Uh Aika, what did you say?" I asked her, still confused about the sentence she said.

"Ah, sorry. That was nothing. I was startled after you called my name. You snapped me back to reality." I simply nodded my head. Actually, even if I didn't understand what she said after I snapped her, it was kinda funny.

"Aika," I coughed. "Was that a - insert language here - curse words?" I still don't what language was that. Even though she's a nerd and I hate her, she shouldn't cuss in front of me. That'll make me hate her even more.

"It wasn't a curse. It was a just Filipino expression." She shook her head.

"Then how come you--?" I was totally confused and at the same time, shocked. So when I was about to ask her a question, she immediately cut me off as if she already knows the question I'm going to ask her.

"I was born here in Japan. I'm half Filipino."

"I see."

Wow. She's one heck of a nerd. Half Japanese and half Filipino, now this is getting interesting.

"Speaking of which," I shook my thoughts off for a while to discuss the promotion thing.

"Y-Yes?" She stammered and looked away. I smirked as I imagined her getting humiliated in front of the campus.

"You see, I really wanted you to become the vice president of the student council president. There are times that I'm not here and you are the only one I can trust with my works here." What I am trying to say is I really wanted you to be humiliated in front of the campus and destroy your reputation. You are such a fool that you fell for my trap.

"Then why don't you promote your friends?"

"Oh no. They already have their promoted positions. Aoi and Kai are the class representatives. Aoi's at class 3-C and Kai is at 3-A. Ruki here is the radio broadcaster. And Reita is the sports captain. You are the only one who suits as the student council vice president." This plan should work.

"Uruha, that's too much. You already saved me and now, you're promoting me. I--"

I cut her off by placing my index finger on her lips. "I insist."

She looked at me with a smile but that smile didn't reach her eyes, as if she didn't like it or disappointed. I assured her that it'll be alright. But the truth is that it won't be alright. To her, it'll be embarrassing but to us, it'll be fun. I'm gonna end my act at the right time.

"I'll think about it." She stated. I nodded as we both stood up and I accompanied her to the door. She went outside and walked downstairs. As soon as she was nowhere in sight, I slammed the door and faced my bandmates with an evil grin stuck on my face.

"So, how did it go, Kaichou?" Aoi asked out of curiosity.

I smiled at him while my eyes were narrow. "It went well."

Reita, who was still against my plan, stood up and walked towards the door but before he grabbed the knob, I stopped him, "Where are you going?"

"Somewhere else." He replied shortly and went outside.

~oOo~oOo~oOo~

Aika's POV

What should I do? I just met Uruha and he's already promoting me as the student council vice president and what's worse is that I responded with "I'll think about it". I was supposed to say "no" but incorrect words came out of my mouth.

That was really out of the blue. Why did he suddenly promote me like that? I still haven't done anything to prove myself that the position as the student council vice president suits me. This is getting complicated.

"Yo, nerdy!" I heard a familiar voice called. It was deep. It was obviously a guy. I turned around to see it was.

My eyes grew wide and I was surprised when I saw the noseband blonde across me. He walked towards me as I distanced myself away from him. He looked at me, confused. He kept walking towards me as I kept distancing away from him. He then started sprinting and I did the same to get away. I looked back and he was getting closer. Damn, he's too fast.

I kept on running away from him that I didn't notice that the stairs were below me. I was too busy running until I slipped down. I fell down the stairs and my head hit the floor. My head hurts as I sat up. I touched my head and at the same time, the blonde grabbed my hand. He pushed me against the wall and he leaned closer. I moved my face away.

"Just because Uruha is kind to you doesn't mean I have to as well." He spoke.

"Eh?" That was the only word that managed to came out of my mouth. I looked at him in the eye and his eyes were filled with anger. I tried to break away from his grip but he's too strong.

"Do you always have to believe what Uruha says?" He questioned me in his low and husky voice.

"Wh-What do you mean?" I stammered as I kept on trying to get away from his grip.

"You know what I'm talking about." He grumbled.

"What are you talking about exactly!? I don't get it!" I yelled, hoping that he will let me go. Sadly, he didn't

He covered my mouth and leaned closer. My eyes grew wide as my body started to shake. "I'm warning you. You will soon regret your actions. You will regret that you trusted Uruha."

I didn't respond. What does he mean that I'll regret trusting him? "For a nerd, you sure are stupid." He smirked.

I pushed him away with all of my might. "Me, stupid? How dare you say that! It was Uruha's choice to be kind. He wanted to change, not like the rest of you. I believe in him because he has this kindness hidden inside of him! And I am here to pull his kindness out!"

He grabbed my collar and pulled me closer to him. "I will only say this once so listen," He hissed and whispered one sentence that I didn't like.

"You are too naive, Aika."