nine

"He's so annoying. He's always so negative and all I'm trying to do is cheer him up and help him." Jungkook complained as he and Seokjin sat in Seokjin's living room. Jungkook really should have been doing his homework, but complaining and gossiping took priorities. Seokjin listened patiently, as he always did when Jungkook decided to complain about his schoolmates. Except this time he was complaining about a housemate.

Jungkook sighed as he leaned to the side, resting his head against Seokjin's shoulder and closing his eyes. Seokjin stared down at the younger boy as he continued to sigh and lean there. He reached up and pushed some of his dark hair from his face, which Jungkook shook his head and made fall back into place. It made Seokjin smile.

"Tired?" He asked and Jungkook nodded when he opened his eyes back up. He rubbed them, yawning loudly. "What time are you going to bed?"

"Ten.. Is it Monday?" Seokjin nodded, making Jungkook groan. "The weekend is so far away.."

"Well it depends on how you look at it. I mean, it was only yesterday really." This earned Seokjin a shove in the ribs. "Hey! Violence is not the answer!"

"Except for when the question is what's the thing that hurts people." Jungkook poked his tongue out, before his expression turned shocked as Seokjin tackled him. Seokjin pinned Jungkook down on the couch, tickling his sides as revenge for his cheekiness. Jungkook squirmed, giggling as he tried to push Seokjin off him.

"Ah, hyung, stop!" Jungkook squealed in between his giggles. "I'm going to pee my pants!"

"Is everything- oh, never mind.." Seokjin and Jungkook looked up as someone spoke out. Jungkook hadn't expected anyone to be in Seokjin's apartment, given Seokjin had almost always lived by himself. But there, in the hallway, stood a familiar brown haired waiter. His cheeks were flushed red, making Seokjin suddenly aware of the position he and Jungkook were in and how it might look to an outsider.

"Heyy, you're the waiter!" Jungkook exclaimed, still oblivious to why Jimin was looking so uncomfortable. He sat up slightly, as best he could under Seokjin's weight. "You served Yoongi hyung and I our drinks, I didn't know you knew Seokjin hyung."

"I didn't realise you.. knew him either..." Jimin said as he rubbed the back of his neck. Seokjin got off of Jungkook, who sat up properly and peered over the back of the couch at Jimin. "Seokjin hyung and I work at the cafe together, he makes the cakes and I make the coffees."

"And together we are the super team." Seokjin laughed, while Jungkook pouted in mock jealously. Seokjin noticed almost immediately and ruffled his hair. "Aw, Jungkookie, don't be jealous. You're the only one for me."

"Good." Jungkook smiled back at Seokjin before looking at Jimin again. "What're you doing here?"

"The rent at my old apartment got too much, so Seokjin's letting me live here because he's got the spare room." This made Jungkook frown as he looked at Seokjin.

"Where am I going to sleep then?"

"On the couch." Seokjin shrugged. Jungkook continued to frown, making Seokjin chuckle. "I'm kidding, you can sleep in my bed. I'll sleep on the couch."

"No, you can sleep with me." Jungkook lunged across the couch and wrapped his arms around Seokjin's waist, holding him close. Jimin decided to take this as time to leave, before he became an accidental third-wheel to the couple's study date. He returned to his bedroom, sighing when he realised he was going to have to get ready to go out soon. He had dancing lessons soon and, despite the fact it was a hobby and he loved dancing, he was just too tired and didn't have the energy to do anything at the moment. He figured that feeling would probably leave once he actually started dancing.

He grabbed some of his clothes from one of his bags ― which he still hadn't unpacked yet― and he walked over to the kitchen. He glanced at the two on the couch as he stood in the door of the bathroom. A wave of loneliness washed over him as he watched the couple, they were so cute and lovey-dovey from his perspective. He'd heard Seokjin go on about his boyfriend before, and boy did he have it bad. Always going on about how cute or funny or amazing his little boyfriend was, and how he couldn't wait until he'd finished school.

Meanwhile Jimin had no one.

Hoseok was busy sketching when he heard the seat across from him screech against the floor and someone sit down with a sigh. He glanced up at them, barely even paying attention to them as he continued perfecting his sketch. He then looked up again, his brain comprehending that there was someone sitting across from him in the cafe.

Jimin looked ready to sleep as he slouched in the seat, staring at Hoseok with half-closed eyes. He yawned, his mouth stretching wide open and revealing the set of pearly whites hidden inside to Hoseok, along with everything else in his mouth. His lips then smacked shut and he returned to staring at Hoseok.

"Sorry, my feet just got tired right before I went to take your order." Jimin said as he looked at Hoseok, who hadn't looked away since he realised it was him sitting across from him. Jimin nodded at the sketchbook in Hoseok's hands. "What're you drawing?"

Normally, Hoseok would have no problem showing someone his drawings. He knew he was good, he was told that every day, and he was pretty proud of that fact. Not to mention he was a bit of a show-off at heart. But this time, Hoseok was hesitant as he kept the book tilted so there was no way Jimin could get a glance from where he was sitting. He looked down at the drawing he'd been working on.

"Come on, show me. I won't judge." Hoseok shook his head, certain Jimin would judge. Especially when he realised the drawing was him.

Hoseok hadn't been able to help himself. He'd glanced up while he'd been waiting and saw Jimin serving a customer, his usual smile on his face and the sunlight falling perfectly on to him. Hoseok had committed that image to memory and, by its own accord, his hand began sketching it. He doubted the sketch did the actual thing justice.

"You gonna show me or am I going to have to force you?" Jimin asked again and Hoseok quickly shook his head, hugging the sketchbook to his chest. "What's the matter? You're shy and the cat's got your tongue."

"It's not finished, you can't see it while it's incomplete." Hoseok quickly said, making Jimin sigh.

"Fine, but I want to see it when you're done. I like your sketches." Jimin slowly got back to his feet, groaning and stretching as he did so. "And I missed glancing over your shoulder and peeking at them over the past couple of days."

"Sorry, I've been busy." Hoseok said quietly. Jimin shrugged, pulling out his notepad and pen.

"It's okay, I don't expect you to come everyday." He said and Hoseok hugged his book tighter to his chest as Jimin moved closer. "The usual today?"

"Yes please."

"The chef made new cakes, I'll bring you one." Jimin said as he wrote down the order. Hoseok's eyes widened and he quickly shook his head.

"You don't have to―"

"You're right, I don't. But I'm going to do it anyway."

"Wow, I look more handsome than usual." Jimin whispered over Hoseok's shoulder. Hoseok jumped, almost bumping Jimin and causing the hot coffee and pretty looking cake to go everywhere. It was only because of Jimin's reflexes that he missed, and the food was saved. Once he'd recovered from the fright, Hoseok's cheeks slowly turned pink as he realised Jimin had peeked and seen the drawing.

"You should draw me more often." Jimin said as he put the coffee and cake down on the table. "Because an artist once told me they draw what they see, and if that's how you see me then I want to see more of it. Because damn, am I sexy."

Hoseok just stared up at Jimin, his cheeks growing even more red with each word Jimin said.

This story really makes me want cake...